Inmotion V14 Adventure: a new trail wheel from Inmotion

techyiam

31 minutes ago, jmsjms said:

How would it compare in torque to the Patton and the Extreme?

I think we need practical user experience to compare them in real life. It’ll need to reach the first customers for that to happen.

3 hours ago, Merk said:

IMG_20230822_132618_836.jpg.0a56c10302f9dc95b54afb2a3bfee104.jpg

Bradley from Eevees mentioned 3rd EUC from inmotion.

1) inmotion V14 Adventure

2) inmotion V13Y Challenger

3) this may be V11Y or a new beginner class EUC.

Yes, the Challenger Y (20”) is supposed to have bigger battery and be a Sherman S sort of competitor.

They bring these wheels kind of quick and I don’t know if they are thought out properly. I can see on the Adventure some bad design: the flap for the  charging port if forward oriented and it is placed on top, the pop-up handle is protruding from the upper shell and is prone to damage in an accident and the on/off button is sealed off with a transparent tape in the clip which makes me wonder if it really provides water tightness to the electronics below. 

i like the suspension vid, thanx for posting techyiam !!!  inmotion took the time to at least provide a rudimentary explanation of the suspension system on the V14 and what it provides to the rider in terms of adjustability PLUS the ability to accept aftermarket shock systems that conform to 200mm length instead of some arbitrary length.

It could turn out to be a low stiction, low maintenance, and durable linkage suspension system.

If Inmotion can delivery this package at a reasonable price, then perhaps we don't need to look into swingarm suspension systems.

Edited by techyiam

This progressive and standardised suspension might be the best suspension to date in a wheel. We still have to wait for real world confirmation, but it seems better than what we’ve seen.

I must say I’ve been a little disappointed that the Sherman S and Patton suspension have had the leaking issue though they said it was made by a suspension producer. The biggest problem with them is that you can’t find a replacement from an other company but InMotion has avoided this issue with Adventure. I am impressed with some (limited) aspects in the evolution of the wheels coming out on the market. At one moment I had so many “oh no”s that it gave me the impression that all wheel producers must be f* up in the brain and that there is no hope with them. Sorry, don’t want rant to much.

nice video, i'm glad they have "followed my idea" for the suspension setup :efee6b18f3:

promising wheel but really scared about weight ;)

[ they have also flipped rebound and compression description in the video lol ]

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

This wheel is turning out nice! Looks like they are onto something good hopefully. 

The initial impressions from the few dealers on telegram that have it are very positive so far!

From what I am hearing its 134v? Some of the marketing material says 126v.. Does anyone know the true answer?

It says it has adaptable leverage ratio, which would mean multiple bolting points, but I can not see them in that presentation.

Edit: Maybe they confuse “adaptable leverage ratio” with “spring preload adjustment”??

IMG_0272.thumb.jpeg.11d82b439a22490b51c730a98bbde5b3.jpeg

Edited by Paul g
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, bpong said:

paulg;

it is confusing unless their cg modeller forgot to add either elongated slots or separate mounting holes to allow the rider a choice of mounting locations...

Must be a confusion they make.

14 minutes ago, Paul g said:

It says it has adaptable leverage ratio, which would mean multiple bolting points, but I can not see them in that presentation.

Edit: Maybe they confuse adaptable leverage ratio with spring preload adjustment??

my guess is they confuse "adaptable leverage ratio" with "progressive spring"

anyway they can have multiple bolting point, but they are on the wheel frame, not on the leverage in the picture

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Oiled sliders being another.

More importantly, the sliders are actually sealed from the elements, are properly lubricated, and most likely have tight tolerances.

Wheel bearings use grease, not oil as a lubricant, but they use seals, and have tight tolerances.

With sealed, and wet lubed sliders, all they have to do is just add a progressively wound spring, and a damping circuit, and they could have dispensed with the suspension linkage, and a coil-over shock.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, techyiam said:

More importantly, the sliders are actually sealed from the elements, are properly lubricated, and most likely have tight tolerances.

Wheel bearings use grease, not oil as a lubricant, but they use seals, and have tight tolerances.

With sealed, and wet lubed sliders, all they have to do is just add a progressively wound spring, and a damping circuit, and they could have dispensed with the suspension linkage, and a coil-over shock.

Yeah, but you would end up with a Sherman S type of suspension where you can’t find a better replacement, and I think this is what they want to avoid in the V14 where being able to customise your suspension is very important.

They say the Challenger Y will have the kind of suspension you describe but remains to be seen if they’ll nail it or fail it, like Shermans S.

• Upvote 1