First Five Days on Other Wheels: Now On to the V13

Josiah

1 hour ago, Josiah said:

Fell 20 times bruised up my ankles

Sounds like you're having all the fun, and earning your wheely XP :) It would hurt a lot less if you had motorcycle boots though ! XP doesn't have to be painful !

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Lols - I'd forgotten how much 'arms' we imagine is necessary at the start :) Eventually you'll be able to do that with very minimal movements and arms by your sides...

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

do that with very minimal movements and arms by your sides...

Yes. 

For slow tight turns, just tilt the wheel by lifting one foot.  

No need to lean body to the side.  Arms stay still, down, by the sides.

• Thanks 1

So far didn’t get to ride today.  I’ve been all day fixing a mess at work.  Might be all night too.  Before EUC I can’t remember the last time I worked this hard.  Seems to have increased my motivation, stamina, and necessity.

At least I wear some gear while I work, knee pads. 

78B9ECBE-FEE4-49F1-B68E-339727B66C8D.thumb.jpeg.597cbce18fe5d0b5ddd9a04f50063dc5.jpeg

Edited by Josiah
  • Sad 1

Worked 28 of the last 48 hours. Haven’t been on the wheel.  I might ride a little tonight but I’m nervous about getting on the wheel when I’m physically, mentally  and emotionally tired from work.  The concern is I don’t want to loose the momentum of my progress on the wheel.  And I think it might help with the stress.  

2 minutes ago, litewave said:

Your body will thank you if you take one or a few day(s) off, and it *will* remember and likely perform better.

Yes that's true. Improvement does not come from practice alone - it comes from practice then sleep, and newly exercised muscles are grateful for a day or two's rest.

22 minutes ago, Josiah said:

I’m physically, mentally  and emotionally tired from work.

Wheeling tends to be most relaxing when you are not learning how to do it, and learning how to do it is not improved by you being tired or stressed from other stuff... I imagine you'd be quite cross with yourself if you made a silly wheel mistake whilst tired that ended up in damage to you or the wheel...

• Like 3

About 16 miles tonight.  Nice ride.   Got up to 41 kph a few times.  Rode seated for 1/2 mile.  Had a minor 18 kph wipe out on mile 7.   Did small off road path and small rough off road section.  Hit a steep up grass hill and off a curb then down a five stair and back to the path  with our dumping it.  But nearly did.  

Now I’ve got an odd motor noise.  I’ll upload and link the video of the sound.  Marty had a sound like this and showed an adjustment for it.  Maybe it’s the same noise.  
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QWBYVauvFMM&t=1956s

34 minutes in

Also I went to downloaded the firmware update.  It said rest in upright position so I hit the kill switch and laid it on I it’s face.  The update did initiate and the wheel made some happy sounds.  Then the app said update failed and the wheel is stuck at 20% complete.  Won’t turn off or re connect.  

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/DYFHrxzoK0Y

Edited by Josiah