First Five Days on Other Wheels: Now On to the V13

Josiah

@Josiah did a nice ride tonight where I had a chance to do some speed runs mixed with braking. Just a heads up this wheel has a tendency to wobble under heavy braking. I messed around with some of the settings in the app, but I think it’s the weight of the wheel. I know you’ve been through some of the hardships with the wobbles, be sure to ease into learning how to stop this beast. Small zig zagging and careful carving helped. Just wanted to give you a heads up. Ride safe. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Hellkitten said:

Just a heads up this wheel has a tendency to wobble under heavy braking.

Are you using stock pads?

While wobbling under hard braking, could you have slid further back? If not, reposition the brake pads further to the rear, and try again.

There may be a wobbly zone that you have to slide your legs further back to avoid it.

1 minute ago, techyiam said:

Are you using stock pads?

While wobbling under hard braking, could you have slid further back? If not, reposition the brake pads further to the rear, and try again.

There may be a wobbly zone that you have to slide your legs further back to avoid it.

Nope grizzla flows. Two other riders in town said the same thing. I do have less experience on a heavy wheel like this, so some of it could definitely be me. But Josiah is a new rider, so I’m sure it’s still relevant. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Josiah said:

A9FAF907-9E08-414D-9A74-6E5FF59D29B0.thumb.jpeg.402db67173d0d9ff159e5d6c7399f769.jpeg

Day Three.  Today Ron took me on a 22 mile ride.  Top speed about 20 mph. I stayed behind him the whole time practicing what he was doing, breaking,  carving, picking up my legs to adjust pedal placement while balancing on the other leg.  I did about half the ride on the smaller wheel and the second half on the master.  My legs feel like jello.  

jello - chicken :P  which wheel was most fun?

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Josiah said:

Day Three.  Today Ron took me on a 22 mile ride.  Top speed about 20 mph. I stayed behind him the whole time practicing what he was doing, breaking,  carving, picking up my legs to adjust pedal placement while balancing on the other leg

You are progressing very quickly. 

And kudos to Ron for helping you out. Mighty nice of him. :thumbup:

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, Josiah said:

I liked the stability of the monster and the torque of the 16”

Sounds a bit like my Sherman S and my V12HT. My Sherman S is very stable and I'm fine riding ~60kph on it as well as cornering at decent speeds. My V12HT is smaller, lighter and more nimble, quite a zippy little wheel and easy to trolley through a supermarket too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Josiah said:

legs feel like jello.  

Very nice progress.

Seated riding when available might help.

How is the foam/internals of the TSG after the crash?

Is there noticeable crushing/deformation that can be seen/felt?

The pictures of external appeared to be minor scraping.

• Like 1

Did you land on that part by the logo as you fell ? I think I can see some deformation around the rim underneath that which suggests you might have done. But I know that bit is slightly flexible so could just be the photo...

I would hope you can order replacement visor parts from TSG dealers. Hopefully you can swap out for the clear visor if that screwplate will hold...

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Josiah said:

My wheel shipped out today.  From Ewheels in Compton, CA.  Should have it Friday!

Very nice gratz, great job on your 3rd run. You are a natural, the v13 should be a piece of cake..:D

I won't be getting mine until next Tues. but it shipped today as well. Can't wait to hear what you think of it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Very nicely done! If you’re already on a 22 inch wheel you’ll be fine on the V13. Very impressive for being so new. Glad to see you appreciating what eucs have to offer. 

Today I set the brakes and accelerator both at 50%. And the pedal assist on. It’s basically split mode and you get a decent amount of pedal sway the higher they’re set at. The headlight will blind oncoming traffic and show the road directly in front of you until the wheel tilts back. Looking forward to hearing what settings you like when you figure it out. 

Edited by Hellkitten
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Josiah said:

Inside looks ok but just noticed this broken part today. 

FAABBED1-BF6B-4526-B11E-0C38B7C1A39E.thumb.jpeg.7a829961ad05381b962b2935de8000be.jpeg

You should change your helmet. Buy a new one. Sad but necessary. Whether or not a helmet takes damage from an impact is a debated topic. My opinion is that you should change the helmet - rule of thumb is that if your helmet takes an impact equivalent to dropping it from a height of 1.5 meters, there will be internal structural damage - it is invisible, but the next time you need the helmet (crash), then it may happen that the helmet simply splits at the first contact with the asphalt... just as you have probably once tried to break an egg, and at the first blow apparently nothing visible happens to the egg - but know second blow it breaks a lot more than just splitting it in two.  When you look at the picture it is clear that your helmet has taken a good beating. I wouldn't trust it anymore. (and then buy a MC helmet ;))

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

• Josiah changed the title to First Five Days on Other Wheels: Now On to the V13