First Five Days on Other Wheels: Now On to the V13

Josiah

The (overpriced) kickstand and a seat is good to have ...V13 is good for fast on road rides for off road its terrible. A lot of people prefer street tire on v13 MIchelin pilot street 2 is popular on bigger wheels. Im not sure if Michelin makes that tire anymore .... Ive made a thread about huge machine street tires.   Totally different profile as you can see. Boulder in USA isnt that where Chooch lives? HGe makes high quality EUC videos on youtube 

Mitas Touring Force 80/90-16 48P TL

Chooch v13 review here: 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

:confused1:
Got a new raptor board but I’m still getting the same error message. I’m not sure if I could possibly have a loose wire on one of the Connectors because seem to get the same error whether I change these boards or not.9551033F-B4D5-48E1-8787-EA40A7E0A409.thumb.jpeg.b7ff609921d5a954a3da53b5fc228768.jpeg

Edited by Josiah
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

Yep we did that too last week.  Straight after the spark Jason sent me a replacement for that top board.  

So I’m on my third raptor board, and most of those other components have been changed at least once.

Let’s see what IM has to say now Jason just asked them to have a look. 

Edited by Josiah
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Josiah said:

So I’m on my third raptor board, and most of those other components have been changed at least once.

well that sucks, Hmmm, maybe the rear tail light board has a short? I know that some people have had problems with water dripping on them when it's wet and put on the kickstand. I also know that it has more on it than just the taillight on it. My best guess at this point. The  raptor controls the motor and balancing the other control board controls the power,headlight,tail lights and communication. There isn't really anything else left except for the power button/display board. Are you or were you having any trouble powering it on/off?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/10/2024 at 6:17 AM, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Are you or were you having any trouble powering it on/off?

Yeah I was having issues then we changed the power button.   Jason took care of me though he’s going to figure it out at his shop.  He gave me a replacement wheel.  Unbelievable customer service.

Tonight was my first ride.

• Like 2

@Punxatawneyjoe would you mind walking me through two things. First, how do I adjust the dampeners on the suspension out of the box, and what should the air pressure be?  I weigh about 175 180 pounds. And secondly, how do I change the speed reading from metric to US standard?

Edited by Josiah

41 minutes ago, Josiah said:

@Punxatawneyjoe would you mind walking me through two things. First, how do I adjust the dampeners on the suspension out of the box, and what should the air pressure be?  I weigh about 175 180 pounds. And secondly, how do I change the speed reading from metric to US standard?

I took and used the tool (just using your fingers) and turned both adjusters clockwise until they stop. This is full dampening. Then i turned mine counterclockwise 3 full revolutions. You may like it differently but starting at full and backing it out a turn at at time on each helps you figure out how you like it.  I'm now 190lbs without gear and 185psi rides like a caddilac but if you are jumping i would boost it over 200/225 maybe more if you are rally jumping. I have no real experience jumping it off high stuff only small jumps so i have no idea what a good pressure is. lastly, just touch the km/hr under the speed on the screen and it will pop up to change it.

Edited by Punxatawneyjoe
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m trying to figure out what type of euc ride videos I want to make if any, but I was thinking a little to no talking just riding videos and I’m not sure if they should be basically long format, unedited or edit them a bit.  have a hero 11.  I think it be cool to just add it to the front of the wheel.  Maybe I could have a magnetic attachment for a selfie stick so I can take the camera on and off. 

any thoughts?

Edited by Josiah

4 minutes ago, Josiah said:

unedited or edit them a bit.

IMO, editing the video makes for a much more enjoyable watch. As much as we all love EUC's, riding and watching them being ridden. There is nothing more boring than watching someone ride one in a video for 45minutes unless there are things going on to keep you interested. Scenery is a good one and where you live is a beautiful area with lots of it so that can help. But even chooch edit's his videos to cut out some of the mundane stuff and highlight the "good parts". I also think a direct attachment to the wheel will require some serious picture stabilization and I'm not familiar with the hero 11 as to how good it is at smoothing things out. A selfie stick is better for that because your body absorbs most of the movement and you get to see more of the surroundings. However first person view can be cool also if it's stable enough. My 2 cents. I for one would be interested in seeing some of your rides. Your jump videos were pretty savage.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Josiah said:

Ride in this or not?  Any thoughts?

For sure, an experience not to miss. Also expect that it may slide. Didn't you already? I have never done this with a heavy wheel, not sure how comfortable I'd be with the weight and the possibility of slipping out.

Edited by Mono

On 2/10/2024 at 5:54 PM, Mono said:

Also expect that it may slide.

I actually didn’t go out that night. Sometimes when I do go out when it’s snowing I wear so much cold-weather gear. I look like the Michelin man but I did go out yesterday. Got a little cold on the way back and fell a few times in the ice.  Some of the guys here use studded tires my stock tire is pretty grippy, but I bet studded tires would help so much.
 12D51A72-604E-4CD2-AFB2-A86ED7B35635.thumb.jpeg.3654cedbe36383d245d97c510a62826f.jpeg

Edited by Josiah
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Josiah said:

I bet studded tires would help so much.

You could buy a set of these and thread them into each knobby. I haven't done it on the v13 so i'm not sure if there is enough clearance. I used to use them on my YZ490 for ice racing. Lots of grip.20240212-173323.jpg

Edited by Punxatawneyjoe
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Josiah said:

Why does the idea of changing and EUC tires seem so overwhelming to me?

Because humans fear the unfamiliar and MC tyres seem very tough and inflexible !?

I used to hate doing tyre changes, but now I've had to do 4 I don't fear them at all.

• Like 1