First Five Days on Other Wheels: Now On to the V13

Josiah

17 hours ago, Cerbera said:

And by 'fun' the word you are looking for is 'painful' given that no EUC ever made will keep going at 90 degrees to upright ! You'd have to be able to disable that lean cut-out pretty much completely to make that work.

The “GotWay dance” term comes from the old times wheel GotWays didn’t have a tilt-based cutoff. They would be able to ride at a 90• wall.

There’s another major problem though: All wheels determine their front-back balance in relation to the horizon. So if you’re riding on a wall of death at a 90• angle and start steering down, that will be interpreted as hard acceleration -> immediate crash.

Scanning the surface would be the only way to achieve wall riding. But it has even bigger problems: Instant tilt-back already at the gentlest of inclines, and tilt-forward on declines. Just imagine riding down a curb… :roflmao:

• Upvote 1

This is how you ride an EUC! Chasing the one and only Mike Leahy aka @shibby_time.

qpxgeOQZU7QQpZ3vcS9HrhthuzhxcBddsUskZ0UI
Mar 24, 2023

Finally got a chance to chase Mike when he was in the Bentonville area!
There are EUC riders and then there’s Mike Leahy aka @shibby_time .
Go give him a follow if you aren’t already to see what these wheel machines can really do!
More content with Mike coming soon!

• Upvote 1

On 3/22/2023 at 1:59 PM, Josiah said:

Today I’ll do some transferable skill training.   The wheel inspired my wife to get roller skates and it’s $1 entry till six today!  Flashback to the 90’s

6B41387D-BEFB-40A5-8681-061AC885E483.thumb.jpeg.81ffb635766259a18fca63939510fc17.jpeg

Across from Home Depot, Lakewood.  Been meaning to check it out (I'm old, and can remember being good at roller skating...).

• Upvote 1

Just now, Josiah said:

Dude let’s rride sometime soon!

Been breaking in a new H666 on the V12, have been off it for months... (life).  Lemme get back up to speed, and we'll figure something out!

On 3/24/2023 at 4:31 AM, WillCO said:

we'll figure something out!

Call or text me any time for rides!

[phone number removed by administration]

Edited by mrelwood
Removed the phone number.

1 minute ago, Paul A said:

Identity details/theft might be possible from phone number alone.

Maybe better to DM.

Point.....got the #, delete if you need... @Josiah

Edited by WillCO

https://www.readersdigest.com.au/true-stories-lifestyle/science-technology/what-hackers-can-do-with-just-your-phone-number#:~:text=“In the wrong hands%2C your,turn your life upside down.

What hackers can do with just your phone number.

Your phone number is easy to find and can be used by hackers and scammers to unlock your personal data. Cyber experts tell us how criminals can target you, and what you can do about it.

13 hours ago, Paul A said:

What hackers can do

Hey Paul , you’re totally right.  But I’ve been paying money to put my phone number on the Internet for 20 years. And yes I get scam calls each day but I need customers to call me to stay in business. It’s mostly word of mouth or repeat business now.  Still, my phone number is listed online and I still pay for the listings.   Plus I’m getting excited. Just thinking I might get a phone call from you one day!  Or any of the other folks on here that I love chatting with.

I remember in 2008 being briefed about hackers hijacking our phones through websites where for $30 a month they could turn on your microphone your camera in your location settings at any time. All they need is your phone number. I wonder if the networks have tighten their security a bit. but as a general rule for military operations you have to leave your phone in another room.

Edited by Josiah
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Josiah said:

general rule for military operations you have to leave your phone in another room.

Might not be enough though.

Mobile phone photos can contain gps co-ordinates (latitude/longitude geo tagged) in the meta data.

Think the US might have banned mobile phone use on foreign bases, especially in Afghanistan.

The US congress seems to be now realizing the insidious nature of Tik Tok too.

Maybe we'll all send you an SMS on Xmas.  B)

• Like 1

Quick six mile.  33mph max speed.  Found a guy laying down who fell on the sidewalk riding a Vespa.  Hit his head pretty hard.  Helped out till the paramedics showed up.  He seemed ok. Helmet saved him for sure.  Left quite a track of abs on the pavement. 

Looks like my right shock is leaking air and oil though.

F01EFE51-91ED-4A4F-B784-EF073D0D3197.jpeg

Edited by Josiah
  • Sad 3

23 minutes ago, Josiah said:

Quick six mile.  33mph max speed.  Found a guy laying down who fell on the sidewalk riding a Vespa.  Hit his head pretty hard.  Helped out till the paramedics showed up.  He seemed ok. Helmet saved him for sure.  Left quite a track of abs on the pavement. 

Looks like my right shock is leaking air and oil though.

F01EFE51-91ED-4A4F-B784-EF073D0D3197.jpeg

Reminds me of my first Mountainbike with Rock Shock's in the front (no words for that sh*t)  After several o-ring and seals,  the fork ended up meeting a angle grinder and a waste container.  

• Sad 1

I’ll have a closer look this may be the shock that I dented with the motor bolt, its possible I put a hole in the side of it.  And it’s also possible that I didn’t seal it up properly when I reinstalled it.

Edited by Josiah
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Josiah said:

I’ll have a closer look this may be the shock that identified as possible. I put a hole in the side of it and it’s also possible that I didn’t seal it up properly when I reinstalled it.

Keep up the good work :)  Meanwhile Inmotional should show some honor and pay you a bit for your great work testing and debugging their product ;)

Note:  Self-inflicted damage does not count :P

Edited by Robse
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Robse said:

Meanwhile Inmotional should show some honor and pay you a bit for your great work testing and debugging their product ;)

19 minutes ago, Josiah said:

closer look this may be the shock that I dented with the motor bolt,

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

i know - saw it after my comment. But I still think @Josiah has done a good job for Inmotion and all those who own a V13.    Besides:  I think it's an o-ring or a seal anyway.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

There were a couple of Chinese cases of oil leaks early doors but not sure of details but was mentioned they were the 58lb springs. Speculation that too heavy riders puts more stress on the lighter springs I think

• Like 1