First Five Days on Other Wheels: Now On to the V13

Josiah

6 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

something doesn't add up. Why is it labeled ks-18l7036 and why did it take 4 days 12 hours?

Good question I don’t know how to use the apps yet and couldn’t reset the trip from before to start a new one.  But the photo of the wheel shows the same numbers as the darkness bot.  
I did want to use the IM app but couldn’t find the trip log if they even have that feature.  

Edited by Josiah
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Josiah said:

I did want to use the IM app but couldn’t find the trip log if they even have that feature.  

Sorry man, i didn't mean to sound like i was taking a dump on your trip, it's actually looked great. The numbers seemed a little off and my euc world refers to the v13 with v13 in the title. I don't use the inmotion app either i use EUC world, I'm not familiar with darkness bot so i can't advise as to the time thing. As you probably know i got mine today and i love it. It rides like a Cadillac. Mad respect for you to be able to ride like you do on it, it's not easy and i have like 6 months experience more than you.

• Like 1

Awesome bro.  Congratulations.  I didn’t know yet.  That’s great.  The off road tire is so smooth on pavement.  Any idea how to fix the issue I’m having with the wheel being frozen at 20% of the updateimage.thumb.jpg.ffa3feea13b448c5b767cbadaa42ae04.jpg

Edited by Josiah

The power button is only toggling the light now and if I hold it and the kill switch simultaneously I hear three pings but nothing happens.  Should I plug in the charger while it’s still on?  Mine didn’t come with a manual.  

Some progress I held down the power button for about 30 seconds every five seconds I heard a noise of three pinging sounds, and it said please prepare the 20% window went off but the headlight remained on, kept holding the power button down and eventually it said please and the headlight turned off now it’s completely off. 

Tried to turn back on.  Said batterie at 0% off because was at 30% three hours ago with no riding.  Then turned off automatically.  I’d like to try the charger now.  

Edited by Josiah

now that it's off, kneel in front of it, raise both hands above your head and bow reverently down saying "oh, mighty machine". Repeat three times.

works for copiers...

What we're hoping for is that the next time you turn it on it'll go into a default 'borked firmware' state from which you might be able to restart the update process. Looks like maybe you're in luck?

• Like 3

Just now, Josiah said:

It’s been three hrs now but the app said update failed right away? 

I don't understand. Did it freeze at 20%, or was there a message telling you it failed.

Just now, Josiah said:

Some progress I held down the power button for about 30 seconds every five seconds I heard a noise of three pinging sounds, and it said please prepare the 20% window went off but the headlight remained on, kept holding the power button down and eventually it said please and the headlight turned off now it’s completely off

At least it turned off.

This will save you from having to unplug the battery connectors from the controller board.

The new fault warning messsge. That is normal.

You have start again, but you need to find out why it failed. You don't want to repeat it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Josiah said:

EBA7531C-53DE-4CEE-AEB4-4C0BA403ED76.thumb.png.0b9e15daffc55501b84d18884f21d3b1.png7A382429-28AD-40B8-828E-B833404258AF.thumb.jpeg.76d52e0b3d1fd4aa4e616989c6b41711.jpeg

it’s back.  Now just the weird motor noise 

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/DYFHrxzoK0Y

Phew!

Marty's video looked like the motor clonk noise fix is pretty simple... 3 turns seems like a lot but what do I know. Also seems like something that'll be subject to vibration—I hope whatever that screw that he's adjusting never falls out!

2 minutes ago, techyiam said:

First of all, do you know how to update firmware on a V12? 

Regarding the warning message that you got, did it come up by itself, or did you have to press a red triangle icon on the display.

Not on a v12 but on the v13 the app prompts an update when you make a connection to the vehicle.  

The error message came up when I pressed the red exclamation mark.

277FFEAD-9752-4D4C-BBC7-69F7992FF20D.thumb.jpeg.af6021c3ea6098bebc9946e37ba7ce13.jpeg

Had a heckuva time adjusting those screws. I had to let the air out of the suspension to make my wrench long enough and with the air came a ton of grease all over my hand out from inside the suspension tube. Next I couldn’t get the stock wrench to work, but finally a 3/32 wrench seem to fit tight and I tightened about three turns until those little screws felt snug.

But it didn’t change anything with the motor noise. 

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/jC63CQRg_eE

Edited by Josiah