First Five Days on Other Wheels: Now On to the V13

Josiah

13 minutes ago, Josiah said:

Also did a few slow miles with a +1 passenger on the front.

Oh dude - I can't believe that's a good idea, or, TBH, that you did !! :/

Edited by Cerbera
  • Thanks 1

It’s so fun with the kids.  Just found a v5 for $250 Denver Craigslist.   I’ve got my eyes on that for the kids.  I’ll look into the real trailer that @novazeus posted here also or the typical kid bike trailer used for $50 also!

Edited by Josiah
  • Like 1

On 2/24/2023 at 6:43 PM, Josiah said:

Off road in the snow for 2-3 miles in the back yard.  Sorry for the bad camera man.  Also had some great success pulling my 5 year old with a rope tied to the wheel and a sledding tube!   And a little holding the rope also.  

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5aU1bc9Y13w

Nice "yard" - looks like an acre maybe? What a perfect space for kids and dad to play and have fun!

• Thanks 1

Nice 17 mile night ride my return rout got bigger because I was moving faster and missed my turns.  Ended up adding 3 miles to my normal ride.

Adjusted the flow pads floater together and much lower low and really felt locked in.  Now I feel myself bunny hoping the wheel on flats and getting much more air on any ramps or bonks.  Also more leverage for breaking.

Speed wobbles are still an issue.  After 20+mph I feel them.  Working on a few things to minimize that.  Relax more, try to stabilize and balance on one leg only weight wise (not removing the other leg from the pedal).  Also rhythmically accelerating and decelerating slowly pushing the comfort zone while getting slightly faster.  

Not sure what my actual top speed is now because of the free spin action that happens when I jump or when I slide out or pickup wheel, forgetting to lock in the kill switch.  

Velcro came off the whole right bottom front piece so I’ll try to hear gun reattach that tomorrow or replace the hook Velcro altogether.  

P.S.

borrowed my wife’s phone (she joined an euc Facebook group for me because I don’t have fb) I saw a guy here in my town riding super big dirt doubles on an euc that are shaped like giant termite piles.  He was launching and landing them no problem.  I’m thinking of working up to giving that type of riding a try.   There is a bike park near my house with loops phases from beginner to x games level.  Not trying to break any bones or records but I want to fly.    

37841BB5-B02C-4E25-B625-519729EAACBB.thumb.png.bcf6f790ee861301b1882c1bcdf3e030.png

7DBC3D10-C219-4CD6-84A4-F556FD7D888D.thumb.jpeg.ef37c14c687a100f912bfc52b3e0b6c4.jpeg

Edited by Josiah
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Josiah said:

got bigger because I was moving faster and missed my turns.  Ended up adding 3 miles to my normal ride.

You can tell us the truth here. That’s the line you tell your significant other………🤣👍👍

• Haha 3

heat gun worked very well to re-stick the original Velcro. I got a little too close in the lower section of the big pad you could almost see right near the hinge where I melted the Velcro. That only took a one second pause over the area maybe the gun was a little too close. I’ll let you know how it holds up. I’m missing one big red reflector. I don’t know if we can order those separately somewhere. 

Also having a blast trying to adjust the pads. Just kidding it’s a little tricky. One thing I notice is when the pads are lower you’re really locked in and you can jump and pick up the wheel with your feet but then for storing the wheel on its side the pedals don’t fold up all the way so it’s unstable in that position.  (My most common transport method)  also makes it a bit too wide for the front seat.  

5A8F07F2-073B-48B1-940B-105499FCB25F.thumb.jpeg.3920451e409423b4cecf88d5d005c980.jpeg

• Like 1

@Paul A

Oops that was a typo.  Not sure what I was trying to say.  But that’s my dog Milo.

Nice ride again tonight.  First bigger drop about 20” or so.  Also found some amazing lit up, windy, steep inclined catwalks connecting some of the paths off my rout.  Super fun to go exploring as I get more comfortable with the wheel.

5528CD91-E533-4CD6-97FC-1EFD81783911.thumb.png.6509a99c281c2678ab3cd628d5d9d10b.png

2CBA6255-A532-458C-9670-BF3866AE4EC6.thumb.jpeg.0c53bca89b364ca35b50665cd9f72b3a.jpeg

tried the Leatt body armor today.  It feels good.

Edited by Josiah
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Josiah said:

guys I would be riding, but I wanted to show you what I’m working on instead today still got a few miles in the parking lot.

87614D2F-52D3-40BE-97C7-27FD1DD942AA.thumb.jpeg.109a2afbca70187a8080aeea09e1c6fe.jpeg

bathroom remodel or addition?

• Like 1

@Josiah guys I would be riding, but I wanted to show you what I’m working on instead today still got a few miles in the parkinglot.

Unless you’re learning to ride backwards, parking lot riding doesn’t count. Very disappointed with your update today. As retribution you must do a decent long distance ride in an area you’ve never been to before. Breathe the fresh air, enjoy the views and promise never to put Reno’s before riding again. Just tell your wife you don’t have a choice and it’s actually punishment. 😉

Edited by Hellkitten
  • Haha 2