First Five Days on Other Wheels: Now On to the V13

Josiah

Thanks @Tawpie Yes, I need to jump sooner before I hit the curb may be lower my front flow pads so the section over the toes is lower. Currently I have mine about 3 inches up from the top of my shoe.  Also maybe add a little more air to the suspension and the tire. 

Smashed two fingers on my right hand yesterday, not broken but swollen and sore.  I wrecked doing big circles seated.  I might add wrist guards to my gear.

Edited by Josiah

13 minutes ago, Josiah said:

I might add wrist guards to my gear.

Oh wow - you don't have those ? I would say they are the most important bit of armour we should have, possibly more so than helmet !

• Thanks 1

Went six miles today back and forth on our dead end street.  Taking it easy so the hand can rest.  Jason sent me some wrist guards from ewheels.  I wonder if they would have better protected the pinky finger or not.  The gloves don’t fit over the guards so it’s one or the other till I get a huge pair of gloves. 

D48D467F-46D3-43F2-8F87-2D04404A161C.thumb.jpeg.b4f3e0b4e60c0f1b1d6c4a0250d482dc.jpeg

9D3F80A6-061F-490D-9E48-BBFD9BA69B31.thumb.jpeg.9209e558e7068b28b46444c7c68c6f5a.jpeg

Edited by Josiah
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Josiah said:

Yes, I need to jump sooner before I hit the curb may be lower my front flow pads so the section over the toes is lower. Currently I have mine about 3 inches up from the top of my shoe.  Also maybe add a little more air to the suspension and the tire. 

Smashed two fingers on my right hand yesterday, not broken but swollen and sore.  I wrecked doing big circles seated.  I might add wrist guards to my gear.

You were not wearing wristguards? No Double-sided Flexmeters? They are almost universally recognized as the one piece of safety gear we all* agree on. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Josiah said:

Todays progress 

Great area, bummer the v13 died. Did you ever get it to power back up again?

I took a quick rip in my backyard on the v11. It's the only one with a snow tire. And yes i almost wiped out in the beginning.:laughbounce2:

https://streamable.com/t3sx7u

Edited by Punxatawneyjoe
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Josiah said:

Nice powder by you also!  Cool boats and greenhouse too!  

Thanks, unfortunately we haven't had much snow this year. Usually there is a foot or two by this time. Nothing like where you are though, it's amazingly beautiful there. I have to go an hr or so away to see mountains.

EDA3D336-40B5-4B84-BB19-98F3CBDD0E43.thumb.jpeg.b4cd79bdded2f9f39402b43639988d04.jpeg

99150C45-682A-4D60-92B4-EC94D4DE28EC.thumb.jpeg.d7f19752128eceaa24f44cc417f8cb72.jpeg

Side note: my front Clark bumper has no Velcro just the sandwich effect from the screws holding the two pieces around the top front bar. 
They have popped off once and I was able to pop them back on easily enough.  I do like the idea that you could keep them assembled and pop them on and off as a whole.  Might consider adding the Velcro that they were shipped with for stability.

Edited by Josiah

Just rode 1 and 1/2 hour around town, some bike lane, then off to the shops, movie theatre, 3 story empty parking garage, lots of store front, passed and went through Google headquarters boulder.  Almost stopped for a beer at Whole Foods but skipped to the king supers flowers for the wife instead.  Top speed I’m guessing 30 mph.  Single mileage 15.  Max speed says 58mph but that was a free spin.  

Edited by Josiah
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Josiah said:

king supers flowers for the wife instead

Good move, happy wife happy life. Awesome to see how much you are getting acclimated to this big wheel. I have gotten used to it super quick myself, love the way it goes down the road super stable and plush. Thanks for sharing the backyard ride, you definitely have a little more land than i do.

7 miles 2.5 hrs in the road outside the house.  Slow speed glove only maneuvering.  Did tight loopty loops 

spinning and spinning a tight diameter circle, working on balance and remaining motionless through the turns.  
then did tight figure eights, again working on less arm and body movement. 

Worked on forward stability while looking backwards right and left.

Worked on seated turns and free launch seated. 

Little to no progress on backwards riding but I did try it and got a few feet two times or so.

Practiced moving figure eights where the goal is to continue moving across a plain while doing 8’s over and over again.  

like this :efee8319ab:

1BBD967E-5F35-4A0D-98BD-2AD28EAAC674.thumb.jpeg.f65cf8d15e281704abe28f05964f6c54.jpeg

• Like 2