Inmotion v13 useful information

Punxatawneyjoe

I have decided to start this topic since the v13 speculation mega thread seems to have devolved into a misinformation campaign.

I hope owners of the wheel can post their findings and other useful information here so that people looking for useful info can find it quickly.

as @RagingGrandpa pointed out, it would be very hard to pick that info out of the other thread so i have taken his advise and started this one.

We can at least start off with the wheel specifications from their website:https://www.inmotionworld.com/v13-electric-unicycle

General

Typical Range: 90-140km
Max. Lift Speed: 140km/h
Max. Slope: 45°
Charging Time: 6hrs(with single 5A charge)
3hrs(with two 5A chargers)
Motor Power(Rated): 4500W
Motor Power(Peak): 10000W
Max. Torque: 300N· m

Main Body

Length * Width * Height: 579 * 274 * 731 mm
Net Weight: 53.2kg
Gross Weight: ≈64kg
Max. Payload: 130kg
IP Rating: IP55

Battery

Battery IP Rating: IPX7
Rated Voltage: 108V

Motor

Motor Size: 16inch
Tire Dimension: 3.00-16

Features

Spilt Modes: Acceleration/Braking
Anti Spin: Intelligent Recognition/Manual Control
Pedal Sensitivity:
OTA Update:

Chargers

Charger Input Voltage: AC100-240V 50/60HZ
Charger Max. Output Voltage: 126V 5A

Display

Color Display: 2.4 inch LCD Touch Screen

Light

Auto Headlight:
Taillight Stoplight:

Charge Port

Phone Charge Port: USB, Type-C
Vehicle Charge Port: M16_6pin(Male)
Number of Charge Port: 2
  • Thanks 1

Clark pad setup for v-13: https://clarkpads.com/products/inmotion-v13-setup

Inmotion v13 seat from eriderz:https://e-riderz.com.au/product/inmotion-v13-seat/  May be cheaper elsewhere.

In motion v13 kickstand from aliexpress: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804948190722.html?gatewayAdapt=glo2usa4itemAdapt&_randl_shipto=US

Street tire option :https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09SLYMFQG?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

the tire is smaller than the original so some have reported a 15% discrepancy in the speedometer using this tire.

@SquallLHeart is a current owner of the v13 and has graciously stated he would be happy to answer any questions about it.

• Thanks 1

@SquallLHeart said :the acceleration and braking assistant will soften the pedals for the respective setting when you increase it.. I was the one that mentioned to Dawn at when the setting is completely off, they behave as if both are set at 50%..

so if both are set at 50% in the middle.. it is the same as if the Power Assistant was off.. kinda pointless, but if that's what you want to try...

so you can still stiffen the pedals more by turning that setting on and moving the slider down lower than 50%.

if you want hard pedals that stay flat, pedal setting needs to be at 100%, and power assistant needs to be on with both acceleration and braking sliders at 0%

2 hours ago, RagingGrandpa said:

Keeping post 1 updated will be the mission, and it's in your hands only

well, TBH i kind of envisioned the rest of the community as well as myself when i finally get one, posting information they found useful in reference to the v13.

I hadn't envisioned a sticky or anything but to consolidate some of what we have learned from the original thread.  There are many other things from the other thread that i think are pertinent, but it was a work in progress. I'm happy to devote some time to go through and post again what i think would be helpful but was hoping for more of everyone as a whole helping. i think people know what would help others in a reference thread.

• Thanks 1

WARNING:  Apparently , the axle bolts on the v13 are easily snapped.  Inmotion has not released any torque specifications on these. So if you are removing them for tire change etc. Make sure upon re-assembly the axle hub is perfectly lined up with the recessed area in the slider bracket and you do not over torque these bolts. I would suggest making them "snug" before tightening them up fully, not exceeding maximum torque for these bolts.

Size
(mm)
Typical Maximum Tightening Torque (Nm)
Property Class
Grade 8.8 Grade 9.8 Grade 10.9 Grade 12.9
M5 7.0 7.8 10.0 11.7
M6 11.8 13.3 17.0 19.9
M8 28.8 32.3 41.3 48.3
M10 57.3 64.1 81.8 95.7
M12 99.8 112 143 167
M16 248 277 354 413
M20 500   690 809
M24 865   1195 1395
M30 1719   2377 2774

• Upvote 1

On 1/24/2023 at 7:33 PM, Hsiang said:

Here's a small Easter egg, hold down the lift cutoff button while hitting power botton to turn the ring light on and off. 

Thanks, a very nice addition. May i assume that this is the one and only Hsiang who's reviews i very much enjoy?

30 minutes ago, Zopper said:

That combination for switching DLR works since V11

Assuming you don't mean Daytime Lunning Rights..:lol: . I did not know this and i have the v11. This is good information as well. Thanks

• Like 1

On 1/21/2023 at 6:55 AM, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Tire Dimension: 3.00-16

I’m not familiar with tire sizes.  Is the 16 describing the wheel size that the tire mounts to?

so 16” wheel 

stock tire 16” Inside Diameter 22” outside diameter? 

4 minutes ago, Josiah said:

Is the 16 describing the wheel size that the tire mounts to?

yes, 16" is the rim diameter... we've moved from bicycle terminology to scooter/motorcycle (and it's got its own quirks)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1