Inmotion v13 useful information

Punxatawneyjoe

When I recently did a tire change on my Inmotion V13, I also decided to clean the suspension rails. Initially, I applied dry Teflon lube, but it didn't last long. So, I searched for recommendations and Inmotion Global stated that general lithium grease should be used for lubricating the suspension rails. Although I personally opted for synthetic Red N Tacky grease instead, it's great to have confirmation from the manufacturer.

Image provided by Inmotion
image.png

5 hours ago, CriminalMuppet said:

Inmotion Global stated that general lithium grease should be used for lubricating the suspension rails.

That’s interesting. So far they have been consistent in saying that lubrication is not needed.

Where did you find the recommendation?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CriminalMuppet said:

personally opted for synthetic Red N Tacky grease instead,

I dislike the grease on the sliders, it picks up all the dirt and then grinds it into the slides, I have been using the dry lube as well but @mrelwoodhas suggested using some wax, which i think is a good idea so i'm going to try it when they send me a new motor.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, mrelwood said:

That’s interesting. So far they have been consistent in saying that lubrication is not needed.

Where did you find the recommendation?

Inmotion Global support sent me that image, minus the Google Lens

Edited by CriminalMuppet

16 hours ago, CriminalMuppet said:

Inmotion Global support sent me that image, minus the Google Lens

I’m sorry that I’m portraying information that you sent me privately, but it is directly relevant to your comments about them recommending grease, and not any more personal than what you have shared.

In the discussion @CriminalMuppet refers to, apparently Inmotion Global Facebook account first recommended to use red Kafuter thread locker for the sliders. When asked again, they recommended lithium grease.

The thread locker was a recommendation just as much, and to decide not to take it seriously is up to us end users. I don’t know if the recommendations really came from Inmotion or not, but if they did, they obviously had no idea what you were asking. And even if they did, it’s in direct contradiction to what they have consistently said since 2020.

Using grease of any kind on the exposed slider rails isn’t as bad as threadlocker, obviously, but they are both a bad idea that will significantly shorten the lifespan of the sliders.

• Upvote 1

As someone who has owns one of these devices and also had to replace tires on a few, I can confirm that there is definitely grease on the V13. I tried to search on type (oil vs lithium) for this answer and could find one. What Inmotion Global gave me is better that no info. To defend Inmotion I'm sure there is a language barrier, considering the whole axle bolt issue recently it isn't surprising they originally replied with that. I just figured I would share what I was told. Maybe someone else with a V13 will find this info useful hence this thread.

Edited by CriminalMuppet
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, CriminalMuppet said:

I can confirm that there is definitely grease on the V13

This is true, mine came with some sort of grease on the sliders as well. whether or not it's a good idea is another thing entirely.

5 minutes ago, CriminalMuppet said:

Maybe someone else with a V13 will find this info useful hence this thread.

Agreed, your input is welcome. It's a good topic for discussion i would say.:D

Has anyone been able to get eucworld or darknessbot to work for their v13? I would like to set up alarms through one of those aps (and get gps adjusted speed through correction) but when connected to both apps, while it does show that it has technically "connected" neither will show speed or pwm (or min safety margin). Any help would be appreciated! (cause fck the inmotion ap imo)

Edited by RamonatheCat

19 hours ago, RamonatheCat said:

Has anyone been able to get eucworld or darknessbot to work for their v13? I would like to set up alarms through one of those aps (and get gps adjusted speed through correction) but when connected to both apps, while it does show that it has technically "connected" neither will show speed or pwm (or min safety margin). Any help would be appreciated! (cause fck the inmotion ap imo)

I haven’t had luck with DB it seems to try to connect, shows a connection but hangs searching to complete the connection. 

i think there is a Beta for Darkness Bot i heard rumour of in Telegram group. I asked about updates there but heard nothing. 

EUC world is apparently coming to ios soon, it will be good to try that. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Forwardnbak said:

I haven’t had luck with DB it seems to try to connect, shows a connection but hangs searching to complete the connection. 

i think there is a Beta for Darkness Bot i heard rumour of in Telegram group. I asked about updates there but heard nothing. 

EUC world is apparently coming to ios soon, it will be good to try that. 

Hey, I watched a few of your videos haha. My friend who works w eucs told me to do a reset which I did and now darknessbot works for all categories except battery/voltage but i can look at the wheel display for those two. What I did was:

When it was turned off I held the power button and didn't let go even as it started beeping and showing an exclamation mark on screen. After a while it shutoff. After I did this it was able to connect as said above to darknessbot but still not to eucworld.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, RamonatheCat said:

Hey, I watched a few of your videos haha. My friend who works w eucs told me to do a reset which I did and now darknessbot works for all categories except battery/voltage but i can look at the wheel display for those two. What I did was:

When it was turned off I held the power button and didn't let go even as it started beeping and showing an exclamation mark on screen. After a while it shutoff. After I did this it was able to connect as said above to darknessbot but still not to eucworld.

I just tried this and still couldn't connect to darkness bot. I really miss the apple watch integration it did with my v11

fyi

my michelin pilot street 2 motorcycle tire. notice that 45psi is the pressure required when the tire is cold, not hot. the tire manufacturer knows the tire pressure increases when the tire heats up. checking the tire pressure cold is on every tire ever made.

E857AE4F-9FD0-46FF-933C-4913B11E493F.jpeg.391a44bcc8ec67c108fccb2871cf3be9.jpeg

inmotion v13 owner's manual

D5899075-B26F-4F26-824F-5B1D9351A624.thumb.jpeg.40101199f7fd155898083185670b882d.jpeg

this is from jason's website on faq's about v13

E116F313-C356-4482-B479-E47D8BDF3807.thumb.jpeg.52b0163935a70e77b0c7023aa9fb4379.jpeg

447E4C6D-EBB8-4F06-B115-604D286E762F.thumb.jpeg.565b04c4eb235955cc6e6fb69b5f9f92.jpeg

my v13 weighs 119 pounds. some of u might need to go on a diet

lot's of conflicting information however. v13 knobby sidewall according to aliexpress. max load of 340lbs at 32 psi. leaves 221lbs for the rider and gear. 

D39E0146-913F-4E51-9A9A-40B6DE04A5DB.thumb.jpeg.a4df30b98c973fc89868f87de28bd38c.jpeg

Edited by novazeus

1 hour ago, novazeus said:

lot's of conflicting information however. v13 knobby sidewall according to aliexpress. max load of 340lbs at 32 psi. leaves 221lbs for the rider and gear.

So you figured you would add to it? Was the video thread not good enough for you to try to prove your point? Sorry buddy, but that's not even the right tire information you posted, so maybe a mod could move your post so people won't be confused. This is the v13 tire sidewall. And you need to understand the difference between a tubeless tire and one that requires a tube and lastly what happens if you put a tube inside of a tubeless tire.

20230424-195754.jpg

2 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

So you figured you would add to it? Was the video thread not good enough for you to try to prove your point? Sorry buddy, but that's not even the right tire information you posted, so maybe a mod could move your post so people won't be confused. This is the v13 tire sidewall. And you need to understand the difference between a tubeless tire and one that requires a tube and lastly what happens if you put a tube inside of a tubeless tire.

20230424-195754.jpg

oh good! i don't have the stock knobby yet, neltrek hasn't shipped me my takeoff yet. glad i could goad u into posting the sidewall info.

notice on ur tire it says maximum load 396 pounds at 40 psi COLD! not 40 psi hot or warm. so if ur v13 with accessories weighs 120, ur payload is 276 pounds.

i said in my post, "according to aliexpress" which can be wrong sometimes, hoping someone would take a photo of the stock knobby, and my wish came true. 

so that now makes sense with the inmotion v13 owner's manual. 

the question is now, what tire pressure is everybody running in their stock knobby, and at what point is the tire overloaded for less than max pressure? ie, if ur running ur tire at 35psi, what is the maximum payload? 

thanks for paying attention and posting ur sidewall photo. buddy!

urs says it is a tube type btw, so i think the rating on the sidewall is figuring it has a tube. idk what u mean about running a an innertube in a tubeless tire. i know they don't last for shit because mine went flat in a month. i'm gonna run it tubeless when i'm forced to change it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Back to useful information, Some v13's have been sent out with poor spacing between the axle and the bearings causing the axle to "walk" back and forth inside the motor housing. This results in the bearing housings rubbing a groove onto the inside of the suspension sliders. You can check to see if you have that excessive play problem by laying the wheel on its side, grabbing the tire on both sides in the center and pulling up and pushing down. There is an example of mine with play here: https://streamable.com/mqnhxd

Inmotion is honoring their warranty and in my case they are sending me a new motor/rim and sliders.

Example of the grooves worn into the slides here:

slide-grooves.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

https://www.facebook.com/100053232342053/posts/pfbid0ySL7hCoThWABCrMsMW8EeRjCnJEezvMSkLatGDXaqnrUtAVebxMLWBLvAyH1uFGFl/?mibextid=cr9u03

hey guys need a little help with this I posted a video I posted to my Facebook just to get a url.. I know the machine well and have taken it apart enough times to feel comfy with its build. It has recently developed this incredibly uncomfortable amount of play that constantly jiggles while riding as you shift forward to back especially at slow speeds.. creates a unnerving feeling like the wheel is about to fail..   think it might be the four nylon spacers on the inside of the slider tracks have been worn down enough that it’s developed “play”. Has anyone experienced this and or solved it or know if those spacers can be replaced.. the 4 bolts have been swapped out and I checked the heads while I had it apart.. so it’s not that.. 

On 5/6/2023 at 8:12 AM, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Back to useful information, Some v13's have been sent out with poor spacing between the axle and the bearings causing the axle to "walk" back and forth inside the motor housing. This results in the bearing housings rubbing a groove onto the inside of the suspension sliders. You can check to see if you have that excessive play problem by laying the wheel on its side, grabbing the tire on both sides in the center and pulling up and pushing down. There is an example of mine with play here: https://streamable.com/mqnhxd

Inmotion is honoring their warranty and in my case they are sending me a new motor/rim and sliders.

Example of the grooves worn into the slides here:

slide-grooves.jpg

This seems to be my same issue. Who did you contact?

On 7/30/2023 at 4:11 PM, jayceuc said:

https://www.facebook.com/100053232342053/posts/pfbid0ySL7hCoThWABCrMsMW8EeRjCnJEezvMSkLatGDXaqnrUtAVebxMLWBLvAyH1uFGFl/?mibextid=cr9u03

hey guys need a little help with this I posted a video I posted to my Facebook just to get a url.. I know the machine well and have taken it apart enough times to feel comfy with its build. It has recently developed this incredibly uncomfortable amount of play that constantly jiggles while riding as you shift forward to back especially at slow speeds.. creates a unnerving feeling like the wheel is about to fail..   think it might be the four nylon spacers on the inside of the slider tracks have been worn down enough that it’s developed “play”. Has anyone experienced this and or solved it or know if those spacers can be replaced.. the 4 bolts have been swapped out and I checked the heads while I had it apart.. so it’s not that.. 

There are adjustments screws for the exact plastic slider guides that you mention. They should fix your issue right up. The holes for the screws can be found at the bottom of the sliding rail, just next to the slider guides. I think they are 2.5mm allen screws. Tighten until the play is gone, but don’t tighten too much or the suspension will jam up.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 8/1/2023 at 5:53 PM, mrelwood said:

There are adjustments screws for the exact plastic slider guides that you mention. They should fix your issue right up. The holes for the screws can be found at the bottom of the sliding rail, just next to the slider guides. I think they are 2.5mm allen screws. Tighten until the play is gone, but don’t tighten too much or the suspension will jam up.

I think that might make me fall back in love with this unicycle lol. If you’re able could you be a little more descriptive for me..? I was just checking it and I’m not sure. I see 4 holes underneath..? Maybe a photo?

5 hours ago, jayceuc said:

I think that might make me fall back in love with this unicycle lol. If you’re able could you be a little more descriptive for me..? I was just checking it and I’m not sure. I see 4 holes underneath..? Maybe a photo?

I’m sorry, I don’t have a V13 to take photos of. But if you take a photo of the underside of the shocks/rails, I can show you where the screws are.

9 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Sorry for the delay, here is where you adjust it. It compresses a rubber/plastic slider so be very careful not to over tighten it as @mrelwood said. Just turn 1/4 turn at a time and try it by rolling it back and forth.

v13-adjustment-screw.jpg

You guys are the best!!!!!! It was a little tricky but yea that was it!!! Thank you so much!!!!!!!

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

A little update: the jiggle issue keeps coming back.. I’ve had to re tighten those adjusting screws 5 separate times.. I don’t know what the limit is.? It seems after I do some heavy trail riding it gets “shaky” again and again. When I tighten them up I’ll hear a squeak noise and I’ll inject grease to solve it.. this cycle is getting cumbersome.. 

Edited by jayceuc