Inmotion v13 useful information

Punxatawneyjoe

Because she is light she has to move more forward than the average weight rider to get enough weight to the front to keep the wheel moving. She will have to step back for braking too. For the V13, the reason is not only the weight but also the wheel size, the larger the wheel diameter the further forward the foot has to be positioned. I just find it odd that Inmotion engineers seem not to be aware of the basic geometry/mechanics of riding an EUC? 

EDIT: or maybe it's meant to be ridden with power pads only?

Edited by Mono

34 minutes ago, Mono said:

Because she is light she has to move more forward than the average weight rider to get enough weight to the front to keep the wheel moving. She will have to step back for braking too. For the V13, the reason is not only the weight but also the wheel size, the larger the wheel diameter the further forward the foot has to be positioned. I just find it odd that Inmotion engineers seem not to be aware of the basic geometry/mechanics of riding an EUC? 

none are! all euc's have the pedal hangers centered, and if u look at all riders feet, they are hanging off the front with an inch or so not used on the rear. 

in the old days, before suspension, a rider would crouch more using their legs as shock absorbers. in this position, crouched, the axis of the lower leg intersects with the center of the wheel. chooch is a prime example.

btw, that's a frame of her riding the v14, not the v13.

Edited by novazeus

1 hour ago, novazeus said:

if u look at all riders feet, they are hanging off the front with an inch or so not used on the rear. 

Not true of Begode machines for example, so we can't say 'all EUCs'. My feet definitely reach the back of my pedals !

image.png.e4bc722ac2a6a6cc6b6c613452775643.png

Edited by Cerbera

1 hour ago, Cerbera said:

Not true of Begode machines for example, so we can't say 'all EUCs'. My feet definitely reach the back of my pedals !

image.png.e4bc722ac2a6a6cc6b6c613452775643.png

not that i'd ever ride a begode/gotway wheel, but mine would hang over and not touch the rear. do u ride squatted down like chooch?

i think i'm being brave with this leaperkim lynx being shipped out to me wednesday.

I'm not sure what the issue you are having is but i have no problems with the positioning of the pedals and my feet aren't hanging off the front. It may have something to do with you not using pads as well as not using the settings for the wheel to make it easier to accelerate and brake or maybe even the tilt angle of the wheel.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

I'm not sure what the issue you are having is but i have no problems with the positioning of the pedals and my feet aren't hanging off the front. It may have something to do with you not using pads as well as not using the settings for the wheel to make it easier to accelerate and brake or maybe even the tilt angle of the wheel.

i don't deflate my tires so i can balance better, and i don't use software enhancements. 

do u have any videos of u riding ur v13, because once u said ur toes did hang over, i believe.

trust me, i'm cheap. i don't accessorize my wheels like others like to do. i wouldn't be spending $600 plus customs for custom hangers if i didn't absolutely need them.

639B25F4-BF42-4045-BE14-F66BAF798342.jpeg.97cf1aafbcec52e87c512dd1f2b2b61b.jpeg

43544207-164E-434E-B5CF-FB337838D2AC.jpeg.32464ea7c86da175078994f2317b15ae.jpeg3C937BFA-EF64-4510-B861-8D041662D69B.thumb.jpeg.f9716d775ac77e90e9ac20a90ae4a5cf.jpeg

hou's first sketch.

2F3EF303-C31A-4AC5-AA4F-B03A3A7F0873.thumb.jpeg.485a9d74db8c8a2956ae08f6c4e6903e.jpeg

Edited by novazeus

the 90/80 r16 michelin city grip 2 which i'm convinced along with euc girl, that this is the best tire for the v13. 

E7CA8DD9-F51B-4C7B-8A5F-846D0236B789.thumb.jpeg.75aa910f2d70bca30d1d6c4a5a05c19f.jpeg

A802225A-C166-4ACC-A9F8-04083C438628.jpeg.0844da45c1fb37555ff4ae832d495a6d.jpeg

and funny thing is, i don't like the 90/90 version as much on the s22.

i have so many tires incoming because they are hard to come by in sizes i want.

i think i'm gonna make this last s22 with it's 40t batteries, my street rod and put pirelli angel 80/80 r14 on it and the lynx. i really, really, like the low profile of the 80 sidewall aspect tire. not for stairs and curb people however. i have no stairs or curbs out here.

the smaller diameter tire really adds that down low power u need to dig out of awkward positions on raw land. and sugar sand turning, is impossible. the wheel can't grab anything. u can blast thru it somewhat straight with just momentum but in reality, from now on, i'll just avoid it as much as i can. 

according to this guy on telegram, the 90 rubs on the lynx. the pirelli angel, depending on the lynx rim might measure out 85mm. i don't care as much about width as i do about tire diameter.

42 minutes ago, novazeus said:

because once u said ur toes did hang over, i believe.

I actually said " i like my feet to hang over the front so i can curl my toes around the front of the foot plate" But i was joking. If you look at my 1 poorly recorded video @ :59 to 1:01 you can see my boot toe is even with the plastic battery case in front so i suppose my boot hangs over a bit but my heel is also all the way to the back of the plate also as illustrated in the picture i provided. I am using pads and have it set for 2° forward lean as well as using 45% acceleration assist and 65% braking. I just don't know how your going to stop the thing with forward bias hangers. I also haven't heard anyone else complain about it, have you?

20240302-201532.jpg

11 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

I actually said " i like my feet to hang over the front so i can curl my toes around the front of the foot plate" But i was joking. If you look at my 1 poorly recorded video @ :59 to 1:01 you can see my boot toe is even with the plastic battery case in front so i suppose my boot hangs over a bit but my heel is also all the way to the back of the plate also as illustrated in the picture i provided. I am using pads and have it set for 2° forward lean as well as using 45% acceleration assist and 65% braking. I just don't know how your going to stop the thing with forward bias hangers. I also haven't heard anyone else complain about it, have you?

20240302-201532.jpg

yeah, pavement is totally different from raw land. don't u have farms up there, or land the govt doen't groom for u? try that!

no, most of the noobs are using pads. so they don't know what padless driving is.

my riding isn't locked into the wheel body with pads, it's more like this, whatever it takes to not crash.

Edited by novazeus

when i first got my first s22, i tried it stock and i could ride it, but i absolutely hated it. then @level9reminded me that king song, the only genuis euc manufacturer, actually made their pedals where they would move forward and down. why do u think king song did that, if humans weren't complaining.

just measured my new one. yup, 1.75 inches forward and a half inch down.

hou's masterpieces will be 70mm down and 40mm forward. that's alot down but to move forward, we gotta clear the battery case

i did this screen shot of wrongway riding his after deleting the suspension, so i think i'll still have plenty of clearance.

and pedal clipping, unless i get blown into barky weeds, isn't an issue. 

8FB6192C-3F89-44B8-B75D-CC01CFE7AB16.jpeg.92090a8e2a4ab4c5bab32d4f6b1ca179.jpeg.

Edited by novazeus

i don't use all of chris's techniques, but i do drive the wheel with the soles of my feet and not my legs. leg driving causes wobbles.

22 minutes ago, novazeus said:

don't u have farms up there, or land the govt doen't groom for u? try that!

Yes, in the video i drive by a farm with fields and trails that the public is welcome on. Most of my riding is off road but you asked for a video and that was the one i had. I have ridden across those very fields many times with the v13 since there are a few trails on the other side as well as it being within a mile from my house.

28 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Yes, in the video i drive by a farm with fields and trails that the public is welcome on. Most of my riding is off road but you asked for a video and that was the one i had. I have ridden across those very fields many times with the v13 since there are a few trails on the other side as well as it being within a mile from my house.

cool. seems like most forum members have no idea what mother earth looks like when it hasn't been machine graded by man. idk how they wuld if raised in the concrete jungle.

u ride across some farmer's field? i hope u have his permission? that would get u shot in texas or florida. we don't like hoomans upsetting our animals.

my feet on pavement.

Edited by novazeus

11 minutes ago, novazeus said:

u ride across some farmer's field?

Its not a working farm anymore the trim the fields for public access. Here is another field run but its at the state park i ride all of the time.

1 hour ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

20240302-201532.jpg

i couldn't ride here with boots like this. i'd slip off my pedals. completely different way of riding. i have a more grippy sole with my van's mte, and i still put vicious tape over the spikes. my legs have to be free to swing out like u do on a motorcycle. like this guy racing. my knees go out just like his in the corners. these wheels can get hung up at slow speed and having some impediment in front of the tire.

25 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Its not a working farm anymore the trim the fields for public access. Here is another field run but its at the state park i ride all of the time.

so that is govt maintained and owned now? i can't imagine a property owner allowing u on their property, unless u were a dear friend and signed a waiver of liability.

haha, my cow turds will put u on ur ass. funny, i was thinking about buying little cones for my school but i have cow turds that are organic that will work better. 

looks like a golf course compared to raw land. compared to my pastures. u know, and i don't want u to ry it. but hwy right of ways, are smoother than raw land, but i bet it's still rougher than that maintained field ur crossing.

if u hit a small hole here at 20mph, and buried the tire, u would probably die from faceplanting. these holes are concealed. my ride is non-stop dirt potholes. same as pavement potholes except the corners are rounder. but i still bottom out wih a 900 pound spring on the s22. u can't even see the holes. there no line to pick.

if and when i have multiuse paved paths in here, i'll never go in the pastures again. i don't enjoy falling. my friend crab sent me his attempts.

53D657D3-8191-4EC0-AB19-F179CB138D08.jpeg.b012718ff43284820b5545456c902618.jpeg44604B3E-08A1-431C-B1E4-2293527337BE.jpeg.b01ace231e51e1c6be124e90811a4fae.jpeg

Edited by novazeus

8 hours ago, novazeus said:

looks like a golf course compared to raw land.

You might want to look again because i was thinking your pastures were looking more like a golf course compared to that land. It's used for horse jumping practice also. Their are some 6" deep ruts as well as 4" rocks everywhere. Also it's hilly as opposed to flat land.

my cow turds will put u on ur ass.

Do you think we don't have cows up here in Mass.? Or ground hogs? I know, nobody can ride like you. Just to let you know, when i first learned to ride i didn't use pads either but progressed since then and as hilly as it is around here. Pads are a must, your not going up 30° hill clenching the wheel between your legs. I am sure you will be fine with forward bias since you aren't really exceeding 25mph and you don't ride near anyone or anything you might have to panic stop with.

so that is govt maintained and owned now?

Yes, Bradly Palmer state park. Open to the public. As far as maintenance goes, their really isn't any their, they don't even cut the grass.

hou and i have completed our design of 70mm down and 40mm forward, pedal hanger.

be about 3 weeks for delivery. if hou wants to share his cad, i'll let him decide. 

when they get here, i'll share. going on all three wheels. suspension not deleted.

• Thanks 1

hou says i can show u. if u like it, give hou the credit, if u hate the design, it's alot me.

this big block of 14mm thick aluminum acts as a protector for the shocks as well. 6 big m6x22mm stainless steel bolts holding this backplate on where the optional backplate would bolt to. there's just no bottom foot on ours. we shield the tubes.

62CD8C2D-F78C-4017-92E5-5F56C8EF66CA.thumb.jpeg.084da88d6f518a65ff244cea974ec405.jpeg

6777DEAA-7E12-47A8-AED1-74405A0C3599.thumb.jpeg.725bd24fe381aa06de1d8778f1fa52bb.jpeg

7BFF7253-9FE1-4A6C-9D48-0C2FD192FC63.thumb.jpeg.8885d1c91467d3a7942592ce4c417460.jpeg

0D78AD58-B4AD-4A98-A9D8-0FA215F44D22.thumb.jpeg.f7967994ce6cfe50398021e7009f51c1.jpeg

works on either side.

DF44546A-664C-4A24-A353-9F42233E014F.thumb.jpeg.113b5027cb9cecd43430b2a0b83a766a.jpeg

Edited by novazeus
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

respect for your dedication in making the wheel (pedals) comfortable for your riding style :cheers:, but i just can't understand how you manage to ride with your feet in that forward position, it's nearly that your heels are placed over the center of gravity, and i have tried that, just for fun, result: feels like the wheel tries to run away from me (without me...) and braking is a complete lottery like leaning back standing on a pole 😂,or just like soldiers on a parade, fainting because they are standing to long on their heels.  Besides this, these pedal hangers look good 🙂

• Upvote 1