Personal Preferences for Protective Gear

On 2/23/2023 at 11:57 PM, Josiah said:

Figured out the TSG cold weather freezing fog up issue.  Keep helmet on and visor down prior to going out doors 2-3 minutes.  Don’t open the visor out doors.  If the fog comes back breath heavily to thaw the inside of the visor to recover crystal clear vision.  Keep large hood over helmet to counter below freezing and wind chill. 

Yeah, but isn't it annoying af to have to huff and puff unnaturally every few minutes? I'm also skeptical this will work for more than 15-30 minutes, but wish you success. 

This issue has been covered before so these topics may help:

See also the helmet thread starting with this post about using a generic breath box:

Edited by litewave
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, techyiam said:

I suspect that you would be riding in a paddy wagon to a holding cell in a police station for being involved in a domestic terrorist attack. 🙂

ive seen this only once last summer during a weekend holiday.  some joker did ride a small displacement 2stroke motocrosser on the bike path for a short distance.  luckily it was only for show and they put it back into their pickup.  did create quite a stir though....

• 3 weeks later...

Modular MC helmet, Built in Sunshades and Bluetooth Microphone and speakers

MC jacket with full padding, or BMX body armor

Seirus Snowboard gloves or HillbillyGloves. Skateboard wrist guards in warm weather

Hockey pants with suspenders (especially in the cold)

Leatt -style knee and shin guards

Tactical Boots or Motorcycle ankle boots

If I wear the BMX armor, I wear UnderArmor long long sleeve shirt to protect the armor and no spotted sunburn

Slim stretchy jeans so my knee pads don't move around

EUCwatch with an elastic wristband

led lights on my wrists

• Like 2

Sounds like they fit under your pants at least.  I’ll have to wear mine outside my pants like captain underwear with the black cape. I’ll look awesome.

I’ve got a little inner thy bruise I didn’t know about.   My wife said what’s wrong with your leg.

18D88D04-6885-418E-91DF-AE77B12F9B94.thumb.jpeg.a8162db7b15bc2c3169b1064eb10cf0c.jpeg

Edited by Josiah
  • Haha 3

If you get those and they do well I may join you ! As in 'buy a set too', rather than try and get in yours !

Currently I am going with loose tail bone and hip pads that slot in under the Leatt bodysuit, and get held in place by the kidney belt on that and the elastic material.

Putting those in, and checking they haven't fallen out is a bit of a faff, for just one small advantage of being able to piss in the woods without having to do a full de-kit and trousers-down manoeuvre ! 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Josiah said:

Sounds like they fit under your pants at least.  I’ll have to wear mine outside my pants like captain underwear with the black cape. I’ll look awesome like Marty.

I’ve got a little inner thy bruise I didn’t know about.   My wife said what’s wrong with your leg.

18D88D04-6885-418E-91DF-AE77B12F9B94.thumb.jpeg.a8162db7b15bc2c3169b1064eb10cf0c.jpeg

You could use foam padding on your clark pads bumper..

20230322_121130.jpg

High speed group ride, at night, 45mph/72kph, inadequate spacing/formation, some with inadequate lighting, narrow two way bike/walking path, obstacles on either side, big rocks, large diameter metal poles, wrong side of the path......

Elastic mesh type clothing, with plastic guards, might not be effective.

July16 Saturday Night ride good/bad - Kato Begode Master destroyed in crazy crash - Happy Fireworks

1.04K subscribers

Jul 18, 2022

Edited by Paul A

1 hour ago, Paul A said:

Wondering if the strap was used, but not tightened enough.

A few videos have shown helmets coming off.

It would have to be VERY loose to make it over his jawbone ! :/

• Like 1

Those shorts fit under my regular pants no problem. Except that I’ve got a little extra fat around the edges already and now that makes me look like I have a huge butt.

:roflmao:

Edited by Josiah