Do not buy S22 now! Upgraded version coming

UniVehje

1 hour ago, Tawpie said:

I don't understand why anyone is excited or encouraged by vague marketing renders with ineptly translated 'descriptions' that appeared on a google drive.

Isn't this every EUC release ever?? 

As bad as this release is, nothing will top the V13 S-show.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, wstuart said:

I just need a wheel with offroad capable suspension AND torque!  Whoever builds it first can take my money......

I guess the race is on: S22 vs Master vs Sherman-S vs Commander Pro. It will be interesting to see which one you will buy.

22 minutes ago, techyiam said:

I guess the race is on: S22 vs Master vs Sherman-S vs Commander Pro. It will be interesting to see which one you will buy.

I'm not even considering sherman-S or commander pro.  Too heavy for the tight single track stuff I do.

The only thing keeping me from canceling my Master pre order is the fact that the high pedals of the Master help immensly with knarly offroad terrain....... that and the fact that I've already spent alot of $ on upgrades for it.

If Kingsong would release details and a definitive shipping date for this new version, I would cancel my Master pre order.  I doubt that will happen in the next 3 weeks though....

• Like 2

3 hours ago, wstuart said:

Now that I think about it..... it seems like every wheel released in the last 2 years needed a redo.

The V11 only needed bearing covers though.

2 hours ago, Tawpie said:

I don't understand why anyone is excited or encouraged by vague marketing renders with ineptly translated 'descriptions' that appeared on a google drive.

To me it makes perfect sense, people are desperate for KS to fix the glaring design mistakes on the S22.

And you are too, at least a bit...:

2 hours ago, Tawpie said:

(I just want them to get the kinks worked out of S22, it's very close to being the wheel I wanted so very badly... last year)

On 10/10/2022 at 7:18 PM, NErider said:

I wonder if they switched to a new manufacturer or if it is just the pinned version?

Yes because kingsong sucks at designing  and manufacturing wheels... 😂

Hey they said jack squat about the damn slides!!! WTF!!!! But I guess they did it their Chinese way... 'Pulleys'

WELL I'LL SECOND IT....

DO NOT BUY S22!!;

Edited by MetricUSA

56 minutes ago, supercurio said:

In case you're thinking about selling or returning your current S22 and all-in on the upgraded versions: a quick heads-up:

I would recommend to hold-off for some time after identifying concerns about the mainboard changes. We investigating further now, with the help of international dealers.
Hopefully that will be solved sooner than later, but I would not expect immediate resolution.

I'm reading this as potential problem with new motherboard?

20 hours ago, wstuart said:

This might be just enough to get me to cancel my Master pre order (I originally ordered an s22).  I'm looking for a dedicated offroad suspension wheel. 

The s22 manual says not to ride off-road, in rain snow etc. Sadly sounds like it's only designed to work as a regular street rider

xD This right here made me laugh so hard... At least i smiled. :D Everyone who bought pre-order shit wheel now can cry. That's why kids - we don't pre-order any wheels... They all got first/second batch problems. In kingsong case they made completely new/second wheel? :D 

13 minutes ago, ElectronxCycles said:

The s22 manual says not to ride off-road, in rain snow etc. Sadly sounds like it's only designed to work as a regular street rider

So you can't use it at all? Put it on the wall and look at it.. How stupid can they be? People will ride it off-road and in rain/snow.

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

In my opinion King Song really did a good job with the s22, it's just a few things went wrong during manufacturing. When the s22 is working it's such a blast to ride and the sealed hallow motor makes it one of the best wheels for rain and for jumps. When it's broken I want it out of here though lol It's a love / hate thing for me and honestly really like the s22 a lot and I'm willing to look past issues if they're fixed!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, ElectronxCycles said:

In my opinion King Song really did a good job with the s22, it's just a few things went wrong during manufacturing. When the s22 is working it's such a blast to ride and the sealed hallow motor makes it one of the best wheels for rain and for jumps. When it's broken I want it out of here though lol It's a love / hate thing for me and honestly really like the s22 a lot and I'm willing to look past issues if they're fixed!

When i saw the "open" frame suspension sliders - dirt/sand can get in there and enjoy changing/fixing those plastic/rubber sliders. I said fuck that and never thought about S22 again.. In my book it's shit wheel. Yet people are okay with bad design, go figure..

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ElectronxCycles said:

I think that is common to all KS wheels, my 16X has a very similar warning. Legal got involved, you can't say they didn't tell you not to do that.

3 hours ago, ElectronxCycles said:

What about the problems Wrong Way mentioned in his review regarding for example pedal scraping, high effort to acelerate because of the backwads shiftet balance of the wheel or the weak climbing ablelity on dirt?

40 minutes ago, Mossi said:

What about the problems Wrong Way mentioned in his review regarding for example pedal scraping, high effort to acelerate because of the backwads shiftet balance of the wheel or the weak climbing ablelity on dirt?

I think that was a preproduction wheel he reviewd. I'm pretty sure if I scraped a pedal on this thing, my face would be grinding on the asphalt. At least with my skill coming from an S18. I have no difficulty accelerating and his weak climbing ability on dirt was a loss of traction on loose soil. 

I'm not trying to be a KS defender or fan boy, but aside from the motor F-up from ZX, the wheel is as expected. Especially being a First Batch version.  

If the controller can keep all the smoke INSIDE the board, I'm fairly satisfied. 

47 minutes ago, Mossi said:

That's kind of an old review… lots has changed (much for the worse sadly). FWIW, the weak climbing ability on dirt was IMO, lack of traction. And WW went back to the same spot with his V11 and burned the V11 motherboard... so...

Edited by Tawpie

The one I just got is still pretty back heavy, likes to move backwards on its own. Suspension out of the box is awesome, hasn't been ruined by dirt yet but I plan to replace with 3D printed bearing sliders before that happens. Still super wide feeling, I think the main issue is the lower pads that stick out a lot near your ankles, so I've removed those. Trolley handle is bad but works.

Haven't pushed the torque limits yet but would love to see an upgraded board for that.

Edited by chanman

12 hours ago, chanman said:

Still super wide feeling, I think the main issue is the lower pads that stick out a lot near your ankles, so I've removed those.

You sure it’s not the top part ? On mine the top pads are making my legs go like this : ( )

On 10/11/2022 at 9:53 PM, techyiam said:

You may have a point. There were some significant changes happening, and they happened fast.

For suspension improvements, I was thinking more along the line between the Master, and the T4,  for example. Basically, everybody agreed that the suspension is better on the T4. And now they are saying the Master Pro even has a more compliant suspension than the T4. So it seems significant improvement happen on newer released wheels. 

Of course it gets better. There are so many Beta testers' feedback

On 10/11/2022 at 12:17 AM, techyiam said:

But if they were to change specs to increase capability, Kingsong should put out a S22 LR (long range), Grand Eagle, and go after the Sherman-S. 

S20 - Phoenix Eagle   out of the fire, birth the    S22 - Eagle

S22 (Gold Edition) - Leaper Eagle                        S22 (Black Edition) - Silent Eagle

S22 (Redux) - Soar Eagle (bc they would leave out the "ing")

S22 (name by Begode) - Eagle X and Eagle Pro

• Haha 1

On 10/13/2022 at 2:50 AM, Tawpie said:

And WW went back to the same spot with his V11 and burned the V11 motherboard... so...

Well, he only toasted the V11 after a few successful attempts, while he didn't get up the hill at all with the S21.

But the S22 firmware is probably improved by now, and the results could be different.