Do not buy S22 now! Upgraded version coming

UniVehje

On 10/12/2022 at 1:52 AM, mrelwood said:

The V11 only needed bearing covers though.

They also had dying motherboard + taillight issues in some versions. The real kicker is that the V11 shocks are still abysmal. I know several V11 owners personally and they all have shock issues. This still hasn't been addressed and the V11 has been out for 2.5 years?

I'm surprised Kingsong took this long to address the awful stock suspension sliders.... Seems like such an obvious issue and a simple one to solve at that.

Edited by jtm94
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, jtm94 said:

I'm surprised Kingsong took this long to address the awful stock suspension sliders.... Seems like such an obvious issue and a simple one to solve at that.

Probably because they already made the sliders and don’t want to waste them. Just like the S18! According to Ecodrift, the hollow motor and better sliders were already developed last year but because there are so many left over in the warehouse they are only starting to sell those now.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sunstrong said:

Probably because they already made the sliders and don’t want to waste them. Just like the S18! According to Ecodrift, the hollow motor and better sliders were already developed last year but because there are so many left over in the warehouse they are only starting to sell those now.

More reasons to buy later batches.

The issue here is that in order for the manufacturers to get a certain price, they must place a minimum size order.

• Sad 1

On 10/16/2022 at 1:56 AM, techyiam said:

More reasons to buy later batches.

The issue here is that in order for the manufacturers to get a certain price, they must place a minimum size order.

It is very confusing right now, every few weeks a new model comes out. But they cannot make wheels fast enough, so we are stuck for a while.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, GothamMike said:

Someone 'splain to me why the sliders are such an issue? You'd think a better skate bearing with a better "slider tire" would fix this.

This explains everything...

https://youtu.be/xo5GwXnZXhE

In the mean time contact 

info@szkingsong.com

and demand an recall of all bad sliders and replace with roller sliders... 

Demand a recall of all bad motors....

And don't use over spec 340 kg springs!!!!

Did I forget anything??? 

I don't think the sliders are an issue. They would be, if you weigh less that 90 kilo, but for us heavier riders, they work like they're supposed to. Not saying there's not room for improvement, but I've done upgrades on every wheel. My s18, v12, Sherman and v11 both came with crappy pedals, I had to upgrade them. I had to buy pads to get them comfortable. That's extra money that I put in to make it function better. Same with the sliders on the s22. I've actually had to invest significantly less on the s22, because stock stuff is so much better. Didn't have to buy a seat, pads, pedals, higher amp charger, etc. I've pretty much stopped riding other wheels at this point, because it's the most comfortable ride I've ever had. With the new motors, this is my dream wheel. Under 50 kilos weight, 100 kilometer range with my fat butt going 30 kmph. No voltage sag, because it has high discharge cells, from ewheels. First wheel that I feel is truly use friendly enough to replace the motor myself, only took 2 hours. I would actually encourage you to buy one.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Kiitick you choose to replace perfectly fine pedels as on upgrade... These friction slides are a fundamental part of the wheel!!! All the other suspension wheels including Kingsong s18 uses rod and bushing slides for a god damn reason!!! IT WORKS!!! WHY in hell is kingsong now trying to reinvent the time held slide!!! Even plastic mold bases use rod and bushing!!! So WTF?!? 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, MetricUSA said:

Kiitick you choose to replace perfectly fine pedels as on upgrade... These friction slides are a fundamental part of the wheel!!! All the other suspension wheels including Kingsong s18 uses rod and bushing slides for a god damn reason!!! IT WORKS!!! WHY in hell is kingsong now trying to reinvent the time held slide!!! Even plastic mold bases use rod and bushing!!! So WTF?!? 

A fundamental part that works as intended. The pedals WEREN'T perfectly fine, they didn't fit my feet, I had zero grip.  WHY DO THEY KEEP SELLING WHEELS WITHOUT SPIKED PEDALS!! SPIKED PEDALS JUST WORK BETTER. (that's my sarcastic voice.)

Just because a car doesn't meet YOUR usage requirements doesn't mean that a truck is the ONLY fundamental thing that works. I was very clear about usage. I think to each their own. I'll continue to ride, and enjoy riding. 

Bullshit every begode uses rod and bushing, it literally is the cheapest form of slide, immotion uses rod and bushing, every motorcycle and mountain bike uses rod and bushing in the front forks... Good God we got a bunch of deniers living in lala land.... 

This is all good. Chinese manufacturers not knowing, Marketing 101, Refine and Development engineering, and Material Science. All package together in this information age, where a community of early adapters get to contribute and innovate. If it was a completely finished product, we wouldn't get this type of experience and the wheel would cost a lot more than the current pricing.

I agree with this " One year ago 3200USD for a wheel was outrageous, 4000USD for a Hero was just silly."  Back then, we were still measuring the price of the wheel by how much WH in the battery packs. The Hero was an answer for a better material, better built demand from the community. I told myself I would never buy a $4000 wheel. Now, I've 2 on pre-order.