I did warn everyone two month ago: "S20 stop riding warning, global failure"

meriwald

56 minutes ago, meriwald said:

I did warn everyone two month ago:

"S20 stop riding warning, global failure"

I warn it's unsafe and can cut out at any time.

But my warnings and posts were questioned and dumped here and on Reddit.  :) And here we are

The S22 will be a good wheel once the kinks are worked out. If you buy from a respectable reseller then you will be taken care of throughout the process. Sucks, but it is normal course for first batch riders.

It is clear that you are not a fan of KS (LockSong) LOL.

• Like 1

Just now, gon2fast said:

The S22 will be a good wheel once the kinks are worked out. If you buy from a respectable reseller then you will be taken care of throughout the process. Sucks, but it is normal course for first batch riders.

It is clear that you are not a fan of KS (LockSong) LOL.

I don't tolerate shit like locking my property out of nowhere. That hit me hard, LockSong is the reputation they carry, and they are fully responsibke for being this way.

Now they are justmping out of their skins and try to trick ya'll with sponsored influencers. Jumping and riding around, positively commentating. S20 is a weak, unreliable shit made by totalitarian company.

But the truth always comes out eventually

7 minutes ago, meriwald said:

Now they are justmping out of their skins and try to trick ya'll with sponsored influencers

There's a very large difference between what you're doing (trying to disparage a company/product with no actual supporting evidence) and what this post is ( a detailed documented write up of a problem and trying to arrive at solutions). Your posts weren't productive. This is. I'm sure you feel very vindicated now despite not contributing anything of value.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, chanman said:

There's a very large difference between what you're doing (trying to disparage a company/product with no actual supporting evidence) and what this post is ( a detailed documented write up of a problem and trying to arrive at solutions). Your posts weren't productive. This is. I'm sure you feel very vindicated now despite not contributing anything of value.

The value is people stop riding and don't get hurt. What else can. Have a bigger value than a health and wellbeing of riders?

Noone is coming up with any solutions for this. It will be constant fixing major, fatal issues. And there were fully aware of the quality they were releasing. Main indicator is their overnight sales model switch. Before s20 they would die for dealers and their protection from people buying 300$ cheaper from AliExpress. But last year they decided to go on Facebook and sell directly to community for 1/2 of what any dealer pricing is. They knew wheel is fucked up and they didn't want any responsibility. They new it's so shit but gotway was pushing, hero bang! Master bang! Two wheels out of nowhere, so they rushed this renamed s20. It's clear as day, you and accuse me not adding value, I really can't add any value here. There is no help and no solution I see possible. So I'm just letting people know :) 

5 minutes ago, meriwald said:

So I'm just letting people know

You're letting people know things you're pulling out of your ass. With no evidence. Again. You're not helping anything, just adding more confusion and FUD to the pile. Again. Kindly stop doing that.

Edited by chanman
  • Thanks 1

Just now, chanman said:

You're letting people know things you're pulling out of your ass. With no evidence. Again. You're not helping anything, just adding more confusion and FUD to the pile.

Please, my ass is not your concern.

So to avoid any confusion, special for you:

KingSong is a disgusting company, spending tons on influencers and zero on RnD. Wheels are boring and they dont deliver what gotway does. Evidence - s20 is a global fail, we are literally discussing this under a huge topic where so many crucial issues listed. Also all top performing riders riding not kingsong (accept those who doing a temporary promo). 

I'm not here to put everything in order for anyone. Take this info and do you research. Or not 👍

I'm not a source of information at all. Gotway rocks and will bend over any other wheel as of today. Love them for their efficient approach, performance and how dedicated they are. Fully focused on wheels dev and production, no fucks given to anything else. 

Stop making it about me or about you. It's about s20 and kingsong as a manufacturer trying to trick the customers and play with market by promising big but not able to deliver.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, meriwald said:

I'm not a source of information at all. Gotway rocks and will bend over any other wheel as of today. Love them for their efficient approach, performance and how dedicated they are. Fully focused on wheels dev and production, no fucks given to anything else. 

Stop making it about me or about you. It's about s20 and kingsong as a manufacturer trying to trick the customers and play with market by promising big but not able to deliver.

You don't even know how wrong you are lmao

This tech info about s22 saddens me, very serious errors and bad communication is what, we, have so far.  Sherman and Inmotion have, serious errors too. Begode is not trustworthy imho. Inmotion is the only firm that have honest communication as far as I can see. I wonder if V12ht have issues like v12hs? I know about one spanking new V12ht that selfdestructed...  Batch 1 off course... 

"King Song completed a full recall of S22 motors in their Chinese domestic market in August"

Do we know that? 

Too many new wheels too handle for a communist country is that the general picture?

China is going downhill they don't have acces to quality materials? 

China is going downhill, they use, slave labor for complicated tasks?

EUCs are bad because Chinese engineers are bad?

Retailers are exploited! 

Ps Chanman chill pls. 

Edited by Finn Bjerke
Error

1 hour ago, meriwald said:

I'm not a source of information at all. Gotway rocks and will bend over any other wheel as of today. Love them for their efficient approach, performance and how dedicated they are. Fully focused on wheels dev and production, no fucks given to anything else. .

And no fucks given about their customers.

It sounds like you may have missed the part where Gotway told their customers to buy a new battery every year to mitigate the risk of fire.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Split this posts off of 

as they obfuscate the topic and follow up information to come.

@meriwald- please feel free to change the topic title to your liking. I just took your first two lines of your post to start out.

And of course - you all know our forum rules and policy - although different opinions and ways to express them exist please show respect and don't let us study each post if we have to spend some warning points or we let it slip through...

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, NSFW said:

And no fucks given about their customers.

It sounds like you may have missed the part where Gotway told their customers to buy a new battery every year to mitigate the risk of fire.

I've read about this in ewheels statement. But can I see screenshots or any proof that actually what gotway said?

My oldest wheel MSP HT is 3 years old. No problem, runs as good as new, I only replaced axle to hardened steel as I'm 100kg and I like to jump big:)  so the original one snapped

Also all my other gotway wheels (10+) I have or had in past are all.good. I don't know non of my friends having problem with fires from gotway.

Replacing batteries for free sounds too good. Something is up

I think he misplaced gotway name and kingsong.. :D As gotway has always been the worst in euc world.

Doh i personally think S20/22 is shit wheel, because of something else. -The suspension and those plastic sliders are joke.

Then again i think all gotways wheels are completely shit. -They are simply built worse and have no water protection whatsoever. Also most of their mobo heatsink lets water true wheel well.. (Mostly the water part for me, as i ride in rain.)

Yeah you are one of how many millions in world? Your experience is been good with gotway - thats awesome. But if we look at bigger picture, gotway has had the most problems in past.. And most shit customer support.

Here's some classics:

Up's your house burned down, because of our shitty wheel - how sad. Here have a free wheel, but please don't sue us. ;) And telling people to buy new battery pack each year.. And opening the wheel after each drop. Makes me laugh.

I personally think most of the new wheels that have released past 3 years have been complete turds. As everyone of them have some kind issue, that you can see already in review videos..

10 hours ago, meriwald said:

Fully focused on wheels dev and production, no fucks given to anything else. 

Have you seen the latest teardown of Batch 3 Masters ? It is looking increasingly like they are giving too few fucks about production either, AND constantly changing their minds about design ! KingSong might be at it as well, but it certainly isn't just them, and I suspect Begode don't necessarily entirely deserve the pedestal you place them upon...

Edited by Cerbera
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, meriwald said:

Ewheels replacing for free with li-tech assembled packs. Even old purchase wheels

That is wherever Ewheels are and if you have bought it there.. Yeah if you get a better battery - it automatically gets a "better" wheel. So i don't count that. Because most users got those old gotways batteries. AKA The ticking time bombs. :D 

5 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Have you seen the latest teardown of Batch 3 Masters ? It is looking increasingly like they are giving too few fucks about production either, AND constantly changing their minds about design ! KingSong might be at it as well, but it certainly isn't just them, and I suspect Begode don't necessarily entirely deserve the pedestal you place them upon...

Gotway is a father of all euc. Kingsong and Sherman came from gotway, stealing ideas on the way. Sherman is still using exactly same board design, down to same layout and components. Kingsong now changed their, looks like mad with from the scratch, that's why it's so weak and shit. They just don't have brain capacity. Inmotion is expensive underperformer, don't know why they exist.

Yes, gotway quality is bad, sometimes very bad:) You have to open the wheel and check everything, do you own waterproofing and so on. But look long term, while others are spending resources on new design, new body, custom buttons, orange motors and talking YouTube heads, Gotway goes all-in on performance and board design.

The core of all euc existence is it's brain - controll board. Everything else is not a rocket science. Battery packs, buttons, motors, plastics, lights existed before and there is no innovation needed for manufacturing them .

But brain of euc is something euc has to make from scratch, I'm talking about these high voltage 100+v insane current flow controllers, able to milk that battery and shot in into the motor. This thing didn't exist.

Gotway is on top of the list with controllers engineering, and the rest of the wheel is a simple stuff. 

I prefer them using generic 0.3 $ button and don't spend my money on special design and complex manufactured button as others do. I want my money go straight towards performance.

And I love servicing my wheel, do waterproofing and fixing imperfections. It's part of the ownership experience. While majority just taught to be just users, pay insurance and cry on forums about simple problems.

4 minutes ago, Funky said:

That is wherever Ewheels are and if you have bought it there.. Yeah if you get a better battery - it automatically gets a "better" wheel. So i don't count that. Because most users got those old gotways batteries. AKA The ticking time bombs. :D 

Info about "gotway tells to replace battery every year" comes from Ewheels. And no one is questioning this for some reason