Sherman-S 3600wh: 100V, 20", suspension, 97lb

50 minutes ago, Tasku said:

I was watching "Fresly Charged", Jimmy Chang and Andrew's show. Can't shake this idea they had..

Sooo, one feature that would be super awesome on these HUGE battery pack wheels.. would be that I could get some power out, like for back-up power generation style.. I wonder when they gonna give some adapter piece that we could drain the batterys on common use, like using the wheel as backup power. I think people would buy that model, like.. alot. Sounds like such a easy feature to add, in my head atleast. Few wires and you could power some needs for the house should power go down briefly. I wonder if any of these wheels come with that option one day..

I personally wouldn't want this on an EUC, however for anyone who does it isn't too hard to do. Wire in some direct leads from the battery pack and install a connector. Then have an external solar voltage inverter to handle to 100+v DC to 120v AC conversion. 

• Like 1

Something like this inverter but customized to 24S DC or suitable source voltage. 

C$ 119.30 | Off Grid DC 12v 24v 36v 48v 60v 72v 84V to 100v 110v 120v 220v 230v 240v 1KW Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mPkD1Ww

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Would be great if the charger(s) for an EUC were pocket sized.

Or USB charge port if feasible.

Public places provide USB outlets for phone charging.

Isn't there already some kind USB-C chargers out there. That gives more than plenty amps/watts?

Imagine you could charge your computer/phone and then use same cable for EUC. :D (One can dream..)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Funky said:

Isn't there already some kind USB-C chargers out there. That gives more than plenty amps/watts?

Would it be possible to have an EUC charger the size of a phone charger?

USB-C to be the charge port in an EUC?

Existing publicly available USB charge ports to charge an EUC?

https://www.belkin.com/products/product-resources/usb-c/what-is-usb-c/

Performance

More power. With up to 100 watts, or 3 amps of power, USB-C cables can power almost anything. From laptops to large high-resolution monitors, even some printers.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Performance

More power. With up to 100 watts, or 3 amps of power, USB-C cables can power almost anything. From laptops to large high-resolution monitors, even some printers.

Too little power.. :D I have seen some 210W on phone chargers, that use USB-C.

So.. It would be possible. Who's for USB-C Euc charging ports? I'm in. (Covers for it also would be easy to find.) :D 

Edited by Funky
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, wstuart said:

Just got mine from ewheels..... unboxing it right now.

This moment was a 8 months in the making...... 

S22 pre order.... switched to a master pre-order..... switched to Sherman S 

LOL... I'm in the same boat. Accept I had S20 pre order, August 2021... then Master... then V13... then Sherman S. FedEx said it will be delivered Sunday. Which means I'm staying home all day for my Sherman S.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Would a couple of these work?

I'll go with  - No, they won't work.

Theoretically 2 x 200W chargers = 400W of charging.  BUT: You would also need 2 chargers that can each take 100W USB C PD input x 2 and output 100.8V charging to an EUC.  So now you have 2 USB chargers each with 2 leads connecting them to a EUC charger.  I guess if you could get an EUC charger that can take 4 x USB C PD inputs of 100W each, that would simplify the setup a bit.  Do these EUC chargers that can take USB-C PD input exist?  Without them you have a problem.

Now, you could get a DC-DC converter that can take one voltage like that from the USB-C and convert that to 100.8V - this would theoretically work.  You would need 4 of these though.  You would also need it to communicate with the charger to ask the charger to supply the desired voltage, this would need to be done with the PD protocols.  Again, this is using something that (AFAIK) does not exist.

With the efficiency losses when converting to the 100.8V your EUC needs you probably would only get 300W if you could even get a working setup.

With the USB-C chargers + DC-DC converters + leads, etc - are you actually saving anything in terms of size or weight compared to a 300W EUC charger?  Are you getting any better reliability?  You would certainly be getting a slower charge than the 100.8V 5A charger that comes with the Sherman S.  I don't think that it is worth the time & effort to worry about USB-C chargers when you need to charge at 100.8V.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, wstuart said:

Insanely rusty.  And the paint is chipping off the one of pedal hanger parts of the shell.

This thing rides so amazing though.  This rides completely different from the v11, Master or EX.  It also feels alot more powerful than my Sherman max. 

Well that sucks about the pedals but good to hear about the rest of the wheel. Hopefully mine doesn't come in rusty but I was going to get aftermarket pedals anyways so it's not a huge deal. 

Edited by Clem604

8 minutes ago, Clem604 said:

Well that sucks about the pedals but good to hear about the rest of the wheel. Hopefully mine doesn't come in rusty but I was going to get aftermarket pedals anyways so it's not a huge deal. 

The tread on these pedals isn't very good either.  I kinda wanna see if leaperkim comes up with a solution before I throw down another $300 for aftermarket pedals. 

If they do update the pedals I'm hoping Jason will hook up us first batch people. 

Edited by wstuart
  • Like 1