2.12 firmware serious safety issue!

Szaman

Oh wow odd, the free spin experience must have been pretty scary.
A little too late to try, but was the wheel still stabilizing or just spinning. Otherwise it's always possible to make a spinning wheel stop by leaning it the other way, until its neither leaning forward or backwards: then it stops rotating.

Was the 2.12 firmware coming with a Changelog BTW?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, supercurio said:

Oh wow odd, the free spin experience must have been pretty scary.
A little too late to try, but was the wheel still stabilizing or just spinning. Otherwise it's always possible to make a spinning wheel stop by leaning it the other way, until its neither leaning forward or backwards: then it stops rotating.

Was the 2.12 firmware coming with a Changelog BTW?

It was scary!

The wheel was stabilizing and spinning as well. I didn’t thought about leaning forward/backward in that moment. I was in the kitchen. Short time before this issue I deflated air from tube and tried to resetting tire because of wobble. Free spin after that was because I have Slime in the tube.

I haven’t any issues on 2.09 now. No wobble at all. Free spin as should be.

Changelog of firmware 2.12 from Kingsong app:

8-C69-ABF1-84-D9-44-BB-8234-E37-E25-D5-C

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Szaman said:

It was scary!

The wheel was stabilizing and spinning as well. I didn’t thought about leaning forward/backward in that moment. I was in the kitchen. Short time before this issue I deflated air from tube and tried to resetting tire because of wobble. Free spin after that was because I have Slime in the tube.

They really need to use a better translation for their communication in english, this is properly incomprehensible like often.

If you're willing to, do you think you could reproduce the issue on camera? Then it would make a good issue report for them.

2 minutes ago, supercurio said:

If you're willing to, do you think you could reproduce the issue on camera? Then it would make a good issue report for them.

I don’t want to repeat it, really. :) 
I have posted info about this issue on official KS Telegram channel. 

• Like 1

Can someone remind me where/how can i check firmware version? Do i need to be connected to wheel to see the info?

Looks like we are getting speed update 70kph FTW fuck S20!!!! 18xl can do it! :D :D :D 

Edited by Funky

4 hours ago, Szaman said:

It was scary!

That screenshot is the same way mine looks like and it was to update to 2.09 version.

Today I had a free spin issue and I tried turning the wheel off and was forced to put it down since it's so heavy and it got on a protective material for my wood floors which is hard to turn off.

I wonder if EUC World would be able to add a setting to have as an option to disabled it? @Seba

• Like 2

Wait that was a joke right? Were not getting more speed on 2.12 are we?? That would be so sick! I just don't understand the changelog what is handup stop function?

Edited by Celt26

6 hours ago, Funky said:

Imagine: EUC stuck at max speed while riding, can't slow down? What do you do then? :shock2: Or that can't happen?

Can’t happen. The riding speed is still limited to 50km/h (or whichever it used to be on your model), and the tilt-back will prevent you from going any faster.

Not turning off is only an issue if you crash in a way that lets the wheel accelerate to full speed. Then again, the wheel will not be upright at that point anyhow, so it gets shut off from sideways tilting.

And of course if the motor spins too full speed while carrying the wheel.

Still, what a strange regression. Needs to be fixed ASAP.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Tawpie said:

Yeah, 2.12 worked fine on my 16x until I hit the power button with my knee while I was putting it into the stand. Spun up full speed, no cutoff. Had to very carefully lift it out of the stand (so it didn't catch the stand and eject it into my foot ala shabby_time) and tilt it sideways to get it to shut off. Forward and back tilts don't change the motor speed.

I reverted to 2.09.

I think all the apps will tell you what firmware is installed. EUCWorld appends the firmware version to the wheel's bluetooth name as -0209 (for v2.09). Yes, you must be connected to the wheel.

Thank you :-)  Just did a downgrade to 2.09 - and anyway: It seems the difference from 2.09 to 2.12 only is trouble ;-) Had no problems with 2.12  but also newer did a freespin with that version, so.. ;-)

• Like 1

Update: 

Took a ride yesterday, +60km, with the new older firmware.
Hard wind - fast pace - 45 - 50 kmph, and somehow it felt like
the wheel was more stable than with firmware 2.12 :  fewer woobles
- but it can also be placebo effect ;-)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 3/26/2022 at 9:41 PM, Szaman said:

I did upgrade from 2.03 to 2.12 couple of days ago.

One question - did you calibrated the wheel after upgrading to 2.12 ?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Robse said:

Update: 

Took a ride yesterday, +60km, with the new older firmware.
Hard wind - fast pace - 45 - 50 kmph, and somehow it felt like
the wheel was more stable than with firmware 2.12 :  fewer woobles
- but it can also be placebo effect ;-)

I have the same fillings. Definitely more stable wheel on older firmware. 

• Upvote 1

Interesting sidenote: My 16X never offered any Firmware update other than the exising v2.03 - not within euc.world nor the official KS app.

...until today's march 29th arround noon (UTC+2), the KS app surprisingly offered the new 2.12. Due to weak celluar connection I posoned to the evening. Arrived at my wifi at 8:30 PM, no update was offerred anymore, in any App. Possibly the update was withdrawn? :confused1:

Btw, has anyone an idea even to update to v2.09 (16X, 1st batch)?

Cheers

Edited by Borg666
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Borg666 said:

Interesting sidenote: My 16X never offered any Firmware update other than the exising v2.03 - not within euc.world nor the official KS app.

...until today's march 29th arround noon (UTC+2), the KS app surprisingly offered the new 2.12. Due to weak celluar connection I posoned to the evening. Arrived at my wifi at 8:30 PM, no update was offerred anymore, in any App. Possibly the update was withdrawn? :confused1:

Cheers

Same i got the v2.12 update offered just yesterday.. Ofc i didn't update. v2.03 works fine.. Doh i never had chance to update to v2.09 ever. (IF even it is needed as the wheel works fine with v2.03)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Borg666 said:

Cheers

Confirmed:  Version 2.12 has gone.  Yesterday the Kingsong app offered version 2.12 (that version i just downgraded from) i rejected this "upgrade", and today its gone, informs me that the latest version is 2.09  which i already have. This "sneaky" approach means that i have lost yet another part of my confidence in my wheel.  It could have been appropriate if Kingsong announced this withdrawal.  Next time, the firmware in my wheel will not be changed until at least 1/2 year after release, and that others have tested.  Obviously, you can not trust the manufacturer to test anything before release....

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Robse said:

Next time, the firmware in my wheel will not be changed until at least 1/2 year after release

Generally a good idea with all software! As is the old saying: "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

31 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

Generally a good idea with all software! As is the old saying: "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

That’s not how the saying goes!

”If it ain’t broke, don’t just fix it, break it first!”

• Haha 2