EUC Dash

This whole process was quite fun. 

@Freestylerwent full vamp mode in order to have it ready for the public. It is rough between the edges but this project isn't about the looks. 

It's about the data findings. This project is going to change how apps work and currently places Gotway/Begode wheels at the top of data that we can read. 

All this wouldn't have happened without the team, and we hope that team gets bigger ☺️

Stay tuned. 😉

p.s./teaser: Some wheels have pwm at 80% if alarms are on, and 75% if alarms are off 

Edited by Lefteris
Pwm in the end
  • Like 2

I didn't realize there was a project already named EUC-Dash-ESP32 by Pickelhaupt.

I'll rename when I think of a better name. Suggestions welcome :P 

some alternatives: EUC Web Dash, EUC Web Dev, EUC Web Tool

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Freestyler said:

EUC Web Tool

This but "Tools" cause i know for a fact, you won't have the project only fetch information :P 

But, I prefer "EUC Dev Tools" as a 4th option ;) 

Edited by Lefteris
4th option

Awesome job @Freestyler!
Cool idea to implement that as Web Bluetooth so that can run on every computer OS as well and Android phones in Chrome on the go.

Did you find how to switch to the extended packets form clues in the firmware binaries, now available for black motherboard updates?

Some preliminary thoughts:

• RoatCurrMax could still be used to help calibrate a battery current estimates algorithm, instead of hooking up hardware
  • Real PWM is awesome!
  • Sadly, PWM at 1.66 Hz is not enough for safety alarms
  • Real PWM could be used to calibrate the computation of a better estimated PWM from phase amp & speed (and maybe battery voltage)
  • This extended packet looks like it's here for development & debugging
  • EUC makers must learn how to use BLE properly, with characteristics, notifications and indications instead of treating it like a wireless serial port.
    I think we have to show them how! (hence the idea of the standardized EUC/PEV wireless protocol)
  • I think there's an opportunity to suggest implementing a version of a space-efficient protocol as 3rd protocol, available in software update, that would contain PWM.

However from your "stay tuned" if it's possible to select which data the firmware adds in the extended packet, instead of of all them then it could make the PWM value usable for alarms 😃

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, supercurio said:

However from your "stay tuned" if it's possible to select which data the firmware adds in the extended packet, instead of of all them then it could make the PWM value usable for alarms 😃

he tried that, removed unnecessary info to make the packet shorter, it didn't help, but there is an easy way if one has a n lcd screen on the gotway, thus do not need the temperature reading on the app. He was able to build a custom testing firm with the pwm in the place of the temperature on the normal packet. 

this way it was possible to compare EUC World's calculated PWM, to the reported one, realtime. Thus. we already know for a fact that the software calculation is a bit off. 

this is a simple demo, top left is wheel reported pwm, not temperature in this case. 

Edited by enaon
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, supercurio said:

Feature request for hacked firmwares: output real PWM value in both A and B frames for 2x the data rate :D

don't think for a moment we didn't think of that. :D

The thing is that changing the temp to pwm requires minimal intervention, the function is almost identical. And PWM on the main packet is quite fast, one can depend on it.

But this is now, more time, more people getting involved, a lot can happen. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, supercurio said:

Cool idea to implement that as Web Bluetooth so that can run on every computer OS as well and Android phones in Chrome on the go.

There is also a paid browser for iOS (2 dollars) with web bluetooth support that should work (WebBLE).

We know because some guys use it to connect to the Euc watch loader in order to update the watch.

There is also a free version (Bluefy), but I have no info on that.

EDIT: WebBLE browser confirmed to work. Bluefy didn't work.

Edited by Freestyler
  • Like 3

53 minutes ago, rafa.pgarcia said:

That said, I would like to make my app compatible with KS and Inmotion wheels, and I'm wondering if you have services' ids for those brands :O

Should be all in https://github.com/Wheellog/Wheellog.Android

16 hours ago, Lefteris said:

p.s.2 this needs to by sticky 

Is as link in the pink  app summary/overview topic https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/22558-euc-apps-and-projects/

Feel free to propose better links/description if i got something not right.

20 hours ago, Freestyler said:

Yeap, that's right. Gotway wheels report the true PWM.

That's great, now only leaperkim misses pwm reporting!

21 hours ago, Freestyler said:

Yeap, that's right. Gotway wheels report the true PWM.

This is NOT just speed dependent. It reacts to the voltage drop as well. If you jam the wheel on the wall you will see the value increasing.

Yes - it's more or less the percentage of how near one is to an overlean/"used torque percentage". 100% pwm duty cycle is all the wheel can give...

https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/7855-anatomy-of-an-overlean/?do=findComment&comment=314654

• Like 3

I'm glad you found it useful @rafa.pgarcia! A goal of mine is to demystify the whole process.

For information on kingsgong / inmotion wheels, you can look at the source code of Euc watch here:

https://github.com/enaon/eucWatch/blob/main/P8-testing/eucKingsong/eucKingsong.js

https://github.com/enaon/eucWatch/blob/main/P8-testing/eucInmotionV1/eucInmotionV1.js

Edited by Freestyler
  • Like 2