Oh no, achievements!

1 minute ago, Paul A said:

Am hoping it is not an exercise in testing the waters for the forum to become monetized......or possibly sold to someone who will seek to monetize.

Seems i should talk to the admin so i get my share for my pension ;)

FYI: The admin looks on how to get the reputation shown as before. In the meantime a background task is running so the achievements for our past activity is accounted.

So if possible both systems will go on, with the reputation shown primarily.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Am hoping it is not an exercise in testing the waters for the forum to become monetized......or possibly sold to someone who will seek to monetize.

All that happened is that the forum software was updated to the latest version.

Now it makes sense that Invision (the forum software provider) has to keep up with the times, stay competitive, and give people what they want, for better or worse. Forums are under a lot of pressure from Facebook groups, Discord, Telegram, etc. So factors driving the all-important "engagement" (the achievements, and also the upcoming more varied "Like" options) that keeps people coming, as well as (potential) monetization options, are there for those who want them.

This has nothing to do with this forum. You're not going to see any monetization here. And if and how we use the available options is up to us. For now, see the post above this:

27 minutes ago, Chriull said:

FYI: The admin looks on how to get the reputation shown as before. In the meantime a background task is running so the achievements for our past activity is accounted.

So if possible both systems will go on, with the reputation shown primarily.

• Like 3

Do the staff have any plans to customize the rules used to grant points & incentivize euc-forum specific behavior? Or can you customize the badges? 

Would be cool to signify people's skills that way, like electrical engineering knowledge or what have you. Maybe something like a badge series for number of miles ridden on the wheel

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Richardo said:

Do the staff have any plans to customize the rules used to grant points & incentivize euc-forum specific behavior? Or can you customize the badges? 

Would be cool to signify people's skills that way, like electrical engineering knowledge or what have you. Maybe something like a badge series for number of miles ridden on the wheel

That’s a good idea. Worth checking if they are easily customizable. I doubt it though.

• Upvote 1

On 1/9/2022 at 1:49 PM, John Eucist said:

Were people able to see the reputation without tapping the user's avatar on mobile before?

Hi John, 

Yes, the rep count used to show up on mobile, beside your "name". 

• Upvote 1