Mango

16 minutes ago, Freeforester said:

We live and learn, lol! It seems that the ‘first batch’ bogey man has been slain, at least by InM. 

I know. We want to believe, maybe too badly.

Nope, Inmotion started production before the international testing has been completed and feedback processed. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Freeforester said:

We live and learn, lol! It seems that the ‘first batch’ bogey man has been slain, at least by InM. 

How did you get to that conclusion?

1 hour ago, conecones said:

long painful discussion about pads (whether or not they are going to be pre-installed, the side panel having a slight indentation that was going to be a "deal breaker" for DIY pads) :facepalm:

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me why this isn't an issue. My Abrams has these stupid ridges/indents too, causing my pads to need endless adjustments because of the Velcro separating on the edges.

Edited by InfiniteWheelie

52 minutes ago, conecones said:

Very surprised and thankful of the Kuji video announcement. :D

And I'm hoping that Mr. Kuji will use youtube, because i don't know how to insta except for really bad so called coffee.   It's better be goode or i will get very inmotional...

Edited by Robse
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, InfiniteWheelie said:

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me why this isn't an issue. My Abrams has these stupid ridges/indents too, causing my pads to need endless adjustments because of the Velcro separating on the edges.

Is Abrams your only wheel? Almost all wheels have non-flat side panels. Sherman, RS, EXN, just to name a few popular ones all have indentations. The solution is almost always to get good quality Velcro. Velcro industrial has a very thick loop side which will fill surface imperfections. Velcro extreme is even thicker. These are so strong even if only 1/2 is making contact, the pad isn't going anywhere. Velcro that comes with aftermarket pads like Grizzla are standard knockoffs, useable if the surface is relatively flat, but the loop side is not thick enough and nowhere near the pull strength of brand name.

Other solutions:
- change to 1 piece pads. These always hold better than two piece designs (all grizzlas).
- fill indentation with foam of various thickness before applying Velcro. Dollar store shelf liner works great.
- glue/velcro sheet of ABS or sheet metal (1/16" is good) against side panel, then attach pads.

Edited by conecones
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

As far as I know, you can't post videos longer than 5mins on Instagram, so unless it's a short video of kujiroll saying "it's shite! Enuff said". :roflmao:

I think he'll be doing the review on YouTube with the 30mins or so as usual. :thumbup:

On 12/6/2022 at 8:55 PM, mrelwood said:

When the names were discussed, the one that I took with me was a comment saying that there isn’t a name that doesn’t have any negative connotations, in any culture.

If tragedies put all associative names, brands, colors, etc into a blacklist that were never to be used again, we’d have practically run out of names and numbers a long time ago.

Stalin’s first name was Joseph, ffs! Still a common name. And I’m cool with that.

Joseph is a Biblical name. They insist on different rules of use. LOL. But no one said what was wrong with "Raptor?" The did use it on the controller right? Raptor seems pretty unassailably good?

On 12/6/2022 at 9:08 PM, Eyss said:

You're new to eucs although have a very strong opinion about pedals?

I think the begode honeycomb pedals (not the mten4 ones) are very well reviewed. I don't think I've heard a negative thing about them except maybe the first cast ones broke easily? 

I run them on my Sherman and hero. Great pedals and I pains me everytime I see pedals without replaceable pins. 

Feisty.

I have a very strong opinion about people and their opinions about the comfort of their body parts.:D

Also, I was specifically talking about the Mten4 pedals, which do not have removable spikes, as you noted.

Also Also, again, Pedals are the thing as far as vehicle control goes. They are the main human/machine interface. So they seem like the first and most opinion-able part.

Also Also Also, I have very good eyes with which to observe that very few of the millions of EUC riders where I live have stock pedals. That doesn't take years of experience to notice.

Edited by UPONIT
Clarity Clarification

12 hours ago, conecones said:

Between the:

• long painful discussion about pads (whether or not they are going to be pre-installed, the side panel having a slight indentation that was going to be a "deal breaker" for DIY pads) :facepalm:
  • debate on how bumpy the road is from another useless poorly named video made by an anonymous product tester (no such thing as a "crowd tester"), riding on an empty bike lane (the opposite of "street traffic") :facepalm:
  • revisiting of the naming "issue" :ph34r:

I was losing hope for any meaningful information to be released. Very surprised and thankful of the Kuji video announcement. :D

Are the subjects in a "Speculation" thread usually regulated so strictly as not to bother people who read them voluntarily? I don't wanna cause a ruckus or anything...

Although, hang on! I'm glad I rehashed the name. I learned something about how brain farts work and was reminded of an obvious existing data point I hadn't processed. And was reminded why I try not to jump to conclusions. Learning is always good. Sorry you were made to revisit painful topics again.

:D

Edited by UPONIT
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, UPONIT said:

Are the subjects in a "Speculation" thread usually regulated so strictly as not to bother people who read them voluntarily? I don't wanna cause a ruckus or anything...

No but if someone doesn't move on it starts getting irritating.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Unicycle Santa said:

No but if someone doesn't move on it starts getting irritating.

Thanks for letting me know. I always figure nobody is forcing me to read anything anywhere ever, but what do i know? I live with an easily irritated person, so I'm familiar. :wub:

Also, like I said above, the topic I rehashed actually ended up being useful to me, in a way that the prior instances couldn't be. If that matters?

More importantly: are you still getting both wheels? v13 and sherm s? :D

They are the two wheels that seem to have the most potential to be SUVs in a world of sportscars, if that makes sense.?

While I have you on the line... I have searched repeatedly and I can't find a post I thought you had made about "odd wobbles on the V11" specifically. Did I imagine that? I want to find it before I ask any questions. TIA

Edited by UPONIT
Further questions.

49 minutes ago, UPONIT said:

Thanks for letting me know. I always figure nobody is forcing me to read anything anywhere ever, but what do i know? I live with an easily irritated person, so I'm familiar. :wub:

Also, like I said above, the topic I rehashed actually ended up being useful to me, in a way that the prior instances couldn't be. If that matters?

More importantly: are you still getting both wheels? v13 and sherm s? :D

They are the two wheels that seem to have the most potential to be SUVs in a world of sportscars, if that makes sense.?

While I have you on the line... I have searched repeatedly and I can't find a post I thought you had made about "odd wobbles on the V11" specifically. Did I imagine that? I want to find it before I ask any questions. TIA

Hey its all good, apologies if I was a bit harsh. You aren't hurting anyone. As of now the Sherman S has departed Hong Kong on a ship and is expected into the Long Beach port on December 31st. I also have an order in for a V13, however that one is still just a preorder and will probably be quite a while before something tangible is on a boat headed this way. To me these wheels are more like adventure motorcycles. They are bigger and heavier, but they pack quite a punch and are still quite capable. To me SUVs are pointless :D

Regarding the wobbles on the V11, I'm not sure if I made a post about it on the forums but now that you mention it I did in fact have some suspension wobbles on my V11. What happens is the sliders wear over time and thus the fitment of the rail in the sliders gets sloppy, allowing for lateral motion that comes across as a clunking. By this point the suspension was also pretty sticky/stiff and was essentially useless. I disassembled the wheel and pulled the motor (as I do every 500km). I put 2 layers of scotch tape behind each slider and reinstalled them, the clunking/free play is gone and the suspension slides effortlessly. I hit it all with some PTFE dry lube for good measure and its been running fantastic. 

Aside from that, other general maintnences included hammering the rim straight (was dented in 4 spots from hitting stairs at 19psi), cleaning the rubber bearing covers and the bearing faces and applying new silicone grease, replacing some bolts here and there. For what its worth, I ride my wheel in the rain, mud, on the beach through the sand and water, and I regularly hose the wheel off in the garden. There was not a single trace of dirt or moisture inside the wheel or behind the rubber bearing covers. Very pleased.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, onizukagto said:

Found this video on inmotion  Facebook page, has a handy speed counter. Doesn't look like same bloke, could be a another tester. 

Pretty cool at those speeds while seated casually overtaking cars

Daaammnnnnn

Edited by Unicycle Santa