Mango

This is a good reason to use bigger rims, so that you can easily push it up stairs or go up curbs. Even my Sherman (with it's 14" rim) was hard to take up stairs, as the wheel would easily spin out if you didn't push and pull just right.

With 17" rims being the most common motorcycle size by far, I think that's probably the perfect size for premium cruiser wheels (Abrams is 17" for reference). This provides tons of tire choices, easy seated riding, good performance on large bumps/potholes, and as mentioned the ability to easily push it up/down stairs under it's own power. Anything bigger (especially with suspension) is probably just going to be start becoming clumsy, with diminishing returns.

I hope Leaperkim makes an updated Abrams with the Sherman-S suspension and 3600+ wh. I would be all over that wheel, but I'll have to keep waiting I guess. Nothing on the market ticks all the boxes for me right now.

Edited by InfiniteWheelie

48 minutes ago, InfiniteWheelie said:

I hope Leaperkim makes an updated Abrams with the Sherman-S suspension and 3600+ wh. I would be all over that wheel, but I'll have to keep waiting I guess. Nothing on the market ticks all the boxes for me right now.

Would you really? How heavy an euc are you willing to ride?

Transforming the Sherman Max to Sherman-S gained 11 lbs.

But there is there is a matter of battery capacity from 2700 Wh to 3600 Wh for the Abrams. And the Abrams is already about 100 lbs.

11 hours ago, techyiam said:

Would you really? How heavy an euc are you willing to ride?

Transforming the Sherman Max to Sherman-S gained 11 lbs.

But there is there is a matter of battery capacity from 2700 Wh to 3600 Wh for the Abrams. And the Abrams is already about 100 lbs.

Weight doesn't really matter to me, you don't notice it much when riding. I'd rather have a 120lb wheel that can easily go up stairs and curbs on it's own, then an 80lb Sherman that you have to turn off and carry up because the small tire spins out.

I just want a wheel with a large tire, good suspension, and long range. A comfortable and powerful cruiser wheel that I can ride long distances on the road with traffic. An updated Abrams like I mentioned would probably be around 110-115 lbs, which for many people is still possible to lift the odd time it's needed (like into a car). Others could use a ramp or two people.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, InfiniteWheelie said:

A comfortable and powerful cruiser wheel that I can ride long distances on the road with traffic

It is really good that you don't mind and can manage the weight, since aside from the Abrams or any possible suspension version of it in the future, there are other 22" suspension wheels, such as the V13 or Master X/Pro to choose from.

You are already riding the Sherman, so I guess you looking for more stability with a 22" suspension wheel?

Just curious, I noticed that you are in Canada too. Have you ran into any problems riding an euc on main roads in the car lanes?

I can definitely appreciate a 22" suspension wheel on main roads. Aside from comfort, there are times, when I can be surprised by out-of-no-where large potholes on the main road. It can be a bit nerve wrecking when going at about 60+ km/h with cars behind you.

I have been looking at the current Abrams because of the large discounts, despite a few issues. However, some owners have reported poor braking.

Have you considered the EX20S, since it is on sale too? Some seem to like them, albeit a 20" suspension wheel. Since you already ride a Sherman, I'm not sure whether this would be enough of an upgrade? 

1 hour ago, Unicycle Santa said:

So what's with inmotion going pretty much silent all of a sudden? 

Maybe they are busy incorporating feedback from testers? They are a relatively small team, and seem dedicated to getting this wheel right...

14 minutes ago, UPONIT said:

Maybe they are busy incorporating feedback from testers? They are a relatively small team, and seem dedicated to getting this wheel right...

Digesting rather than incorporating?... If V13 was just big but not too heavy or just heavy but not too big it could be a little bit easier to digest...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, That Guy said:

Digesting rather than incorporating?... If V13 was just big but not too heavy or just heavy but not too big it could be a little bit easier to digest...

I know this is stating the obvious, but: if we want longer range (bigger batteries), more power (bigger motors) and durable, robust builds, the wheels are gonna be big and heavy. There's really no way around the physics...:)

I personally like the look of the heavier wheels. More metal and better composites give them a motorcycle-ish appearance and feel. They seem more like "serious" vehicles than toys. Fingers crossed that the V13 (and Sherman S) "innards" are equally reliable.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 11/5/2022 at 12:36 PM, techyiam said:

It is really good that you don't mind and can manage the weight, since aside from the Abrams or any possible suspension version of it in the future, there are other 22" suspension wheels, such as the V13 or Master X/Pro to choose from.

You are already riding the Sherman, so I guess you looking for more stability with a 22" suspension wheel?

Just curious, I noticed that you are in Canada too. Have you ran into any problems riding an euc on main roads in the car lanes?

I can definitely appreciate a 22" suspension wheel on main roads. Aside from comfort, there are times, when I can be surprised by out-of-no-where large potholes on the main road. It can be a bit nerve wrecking when going at about 60+ km/h with cars behind you.

I have been looking at the current Abrams because of the large discounts, despite a few issues. However, some owners have reported poor braking.

Have you considered the EX20S, since it is on sale too? Some seem to like them, albeit a 20" suspension wheel. Since you already ride a Sherman, I'm not sure whether this would be enough of an upgrade? 

A large rim (16" plus), large battery, and suspension are requirements for my next wheel.

The V13 is the only wheel that checks all these boxes, but I'm not impressed with the suspension. I'm hoping either Inmotion adopts the Sherman-S type suspension on the next version, or Leaperkim releases an updated Abrams with that suspension.

Haven't had any problems riding on the road, but I always tried to be discreet when riding. I no longer have the Sherman by the way. It was my first wheel and I rode it a lot, but now I'm waiting for the right wheel to be released before I buy another.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, InfiniteWheelie said:

A large rim (16" plus), large battery, and suspension are requirements for my next wheel.

Makes a lot sense.

The V13 is the only wheel that checks all these boxes, but I'm not impressed with the suspension. I'm hoping either Inmotion adopts the Sherman-S type suspension on the next version, or Leaperkim releases an updated Abrams with that suspension.

I am not following here. Why wouldn't the Sherman-S fit the bill? Is it because you wanted a 22" suspension wheel? Or that the Sherman-S has only a 75 km/h top speed. 

The Sherman-S supposedly has 3600Wh battery, whereas the V13 has 3024Wh.

Regarding the V13 suspension, it may not look like that it would be as maintenance free, or as fluid as the Sherman-S suspension, I myself would wait and see whether it is good enough since the V13 looks to be offering a lot in other ways.

Are you not mentioning Begode suspension wheels because of insufficient water resistance protection, or inadequate build quality? 

Haven't had any problems riding on the road, but I always tried to be discreet when riding.

I guess it is the same here too from what I can tell. I guess in New York, those riders can be more blatant. 

@techyiam Yeah the Sherman-S is just too small for my liking.

I didn't realize the Master Pro also has a 22 inch tire, but honestly it doesn't matter to me because I don't trust Begode wheels. Like you said, no waterproofing, known quality/safety issues, and they just look ugly and cheap to me.

I do really like the V13, so I'd choose it over any other wheel right now. However I'm not in a rush to get a new wheel, so I'm happy to wait for something even better. It seems like EUCs are progressing at a fast pace right now.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, InfiniteWheelie said:

It seems like EUCs are progression at a fast pace right now.

Wow, you are really in luck here, since this surge of big heavy wheel releases started after the launch of the V13. Before that, there were the Monster Pro, Abrams, then the EX20S. But these were sold in very low volumes. 

Edited by techyiam

7 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Wow, you are really in luck here, since this surge of big heavy wheel releases started after the launch of the V13. Before that, there were the Monster Pro, Abrams, then the EX20S. But these were sold in very low volumes. 

Yeah I was almost going to get the Abrams but decided against it after all the bad press about cutouts and quality. Then I saw all these big suspension wheels coming out with better and better features so I'm going to keep waiting for now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Pre-ordered the v-13 about a month ago, hope it wasn't a mistake but i like the 11 so much and  i just need a bit more speed....:popcorn:

I don't think the the V13 is the logical next step in the wheel upgrade path. I am pretty sure the V13 is a lot of wheel for someone coming from a V11.

But then again, there are people who learn to ride on a Sherman. 🙂

Stepping on a Hero shouldn't be too much of a step. Stepping on a Master or an S22 would take more effort. For myself, stepping on an Abrams was a big step. I can't imagine how big a step it would be to get on a V13.

5 minutes ago, techyiam said:

I don't think the the V13 is the logical next step in the wheel upgrade path. I am pretty sure the V13 is a lot of wheel for someone coming from a V11.

I appreciate the concern, but it took me about 1hr the first day to be able to ride the 11 and now have over 850 miles on it  with about 600 off road with no diggers so i think i'll be ok with the 13, might take some getting used to a much heaver/larger wheel but i'm looking forward to the challenge....see what i did there..:p

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

I appreciate the concern, but it took me about 1hr the first day to be able to ride the 11 and now have over 850 miles on it  with about 600 off road with no diggers so i think i'll be ok with the 13, might take some getting used to a much heaver/larger wheel but i'm looking forward to the challenge....see what i did there..:p

That's great. You are one of the lucky ones. I know someone who rode across town within the first hour, crossing intersections, with and without traffic lights, and rode on side streets, etc. On the hand, it took me months to do the same thing. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, techyiam said:

But then again, there are people who learn to ride on a Sherman. 🙂

Stepping on a Hero shouldn't be too much of a step. Stepping on a Master or an S22 would take more effort. For myself, stepping on an Abrams was a big step. I can't imagine how big a step it would be to get on a V13.

Yeah this isn't exactly true. When I started riding people said the same thing about starting on a v11. Saying it goes too fast, is too heavy, pedals too high, etc. I got on it and was riding to the grocery store within half an hour. I now have 1200 miles on it and it's been fantastic. My buddy just got a v11 3 days ago and has already put 75 miles on it. We have been riding all over town and did a pretty gnarly off-road ride yesterday. Again, he was able to get on it and go in a matter of minutes. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, techyiam said:

Before that, there were the Monster Pro, Abrams, then the EX20S. But these were sold in very low volumes. 

Is there a website that details how many of each model is sold, when sold, country sold in, etc?

On 11/7/2022 at 3:34 AM, Unicycle Santa said:

So what's with inmotion going pretty much silent all of a sudden? 

Screenshot_20221108_113539_Facebook.thumb.png.79493c38b3330fd0f3fc451a30b1d210.png

They are still pretty active on the bookface thingy. 

Facing lots of posts and answering athe occasional comments. 

• Upvote 2