Mango

55 minutes ago, Lets Do Science said:

my first InMotion wheel, really hoping it won't force tilt back too aggressively like my buddies v11 does to him. 

My Inmotion V12 starts tilting back at around 71 km/h on level ground with 90% + battery. Those tilt backs have never been abrupt nor destabilizing.

4 hours ago, Lets Do Science said:

I just pre-purchased my v13! via Chinese retailer on Aliexpress. Per their sales, they are expecting to ship out the first production models in October so i'll likely receive my shipment sometime in November.

I would take those claims with a grain of salt; I'm not saying it isn't possible for you to get your order a bit earlier than those who wait for them to hit a local retailer, but saying it is going to ship that early when at this point review units haven't even gone out is a bit suspect to me.

I'm personally not even expecting the main retailers to ship them this year (but I hope to be wrong about that)

I think it doubtful to get the v13 before the distributors get them, unless the reseller has a brother who works for Inmotion, but good luck! I would never buy such an expensive item from a random reseller in China, I HAVE to have ewheels having my back. It is too much money if something breaks. I really hope I am wrong though and you get your wheel in good condition and early so you can share with the rest of us.:thumbup:

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Lets Do Science said:

I just pre-purchased my v13! via Chinese retailer on Aliexpress. Per their sales, they are expecting to ship out the first production models in October so i'll likely receive my shipment sometime in November. I'm expecting to be one of the first in the US with this wheel, i'll definitely update y'all once received. This will be my first InMotion wheel, really hoping it won't force tilt back too aggressively like my buddies v11 does to him. 

Can I give an unwanted advice? I bought a V12 from Aliexpress just like you do now, actually after some reviews made by some youtubers. The V12 looked the best quality ever in a EUC, good battery protection, water resistant, good speed and acceleration, agility, etc. All wheels have issues in the first few batches. Not buying from an authorised reseller that gives you warranty you will be completely exposed. I still have my V12 sitting and catching dust. It needs a calibration that only InMotion can do by phone with an authorised seller. You are in high chance of ending in the same situation as I did. My v12 cost me £1700. That is £1700 that I barely used. Maybe is better to cancel your order as you still have time. 

6 minutes ago, Fuerte said:

I think it doubtful to get the v13 before the distributors get them, unless the reseller has a brother who works for Inmotion, but good luck! 

I was referred to this shop by a friend who has already purchased two wheels from them, he's had his Master for about two months now while US reseller shipments aren't even on the vessel yet...

18 minutes ago, Fuerte said:

I would never buy such an expensive item from a random reseller in China

You will save $ and you will have your new wheel sooner by purchasing direct through China, this is a fact. 

20 minutes ago, Fuerte said:

HAVE to have ewheels having my back. It is too much money if something breaks. 

Dude, eWheels does not have your back. If something busts you are fixing that thing yourself, the US shops have no manpower for repairs and will charge us $200 to send the wheel back. The Aliexpress shops, the ones that are legit, will send out the parts just the same in the event of failure (getting that part may take longer, of course).

7 minutes ago, Lets Do Science said:

The Aliexpress shops, the ones that are legit, will send out the parts just the same in the event of failure

Good find if you are that confident. If you don't mind sharing, who is still seller on www.aliexpress.com. Thanks. 

3 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Good find if you are that confident. If you don't mind sharing, who is still seller on www.aliexpress.com. Thanks. 

LOOMO SHOP, was referred to me by @Gustesta who has purchased a Master and T4 from them without issue - obviously hoping i have the same luck lol. 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, techyiam said:

My guess is that if you were to do the same thing to a Master, you will be waiting for months for a new frame.

OK. Here is the video where it was ridden afterwards, after it was pushed down another flight. 

https://fb.watch/fpcL489-Lc/

I’m a little more impressed. About 9 more times would be even more impressive. Thanks IM.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, UtahRider said:

I’m a little more impressed. About 9 more times would be even more impressive. Thanks IM.

These are promo videos, if it didn't "work", part 2 would be on the cutting room floor. Andrew was able to ride the Master after his cutout wreck... even though the wheel didn't exactly survive.

Still... 

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

on the cutting room floor

Isn't this expression off by a few decades? I had to take a stroll through memory lane all the way back to the film days. 🙂

But it survived, and thus not trimmed off. Hence, impressive.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Isn't this expression off by a few decades?

It would be, but I saw on the youtube that there's a little man in my phone going through file cabinets and slicing up acetate and photographs to make "memories" for me, so even in the age where everything can be viewed through a pane of glass, there is still a cutting room floor. ;)

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Lets Do Science said:

LOOMO SHOP, was referred to me by @Gustesta who has purchased a Master and T4 from them without issue - obviously hoping i have the same luck lol. 

Can you please expand what this has to do with Inmotion and the Challanger/V13? 

Always the same kind of GW BS trying to move focus away from other brands. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Unicycle Santa said:

I've pretty much decided to pull the trigger on the v13 as an upgrade from my v11

Are you riding on main roads traveling at 50+ mph?

15 hours ago, Unicycle Santa said:

am debating between ordering it from an AliExpress seller or ewheels.

What do you think are the pros and cons?

Edited by techyiam

3 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Are you riding on main roads traveling at 55+ mph?

Just throwing it out there that many of us who are interested in this wheel are not interested in travelling at the high end of the speeds it is capable of

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, rebeuc said:

Just throwing it out there that many of us who are interested in this wheel are not interested in travelling at the high end of the speeds it is capable of

Interesting. Are you buying the V13 because of its suspension, its generous margins, and Inmotion build quality? If you don't need 70+ km/h speeds, why not the Sherman-S, a lighter wheel with more range?

Edited by techyiam
  • Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Interesting. Are you buying the V13 because of its suspension, its generous margins, and Inmotion build quality? If you don't need 70+ km/h speeds, why not the Sherman-S, a lighter wheel with more range?

In my case I do consider it a bit of a gamble since we don't even have review units out at this point, but I am very optimistic that Inmotion is being serious about build quality and other potential issues after some of the bad press with the v11 bearings and the v12 mosfets/cutouts.

I am interested primarily in the safety margin, and intrigued by the concept that it should be 'modular' which I foresee leading to easier maintenance and possibly upgradability or even consumer mods. (If there are any major 'batch 1 issues' this may mean they are easier to address)

I do see the weight as a negative, and believe it is likely that soon after release a smaller variant will come out with similar tech. Honestly such a wheel would likely be a better fit for me, but who knows what the future will hold.

Regarding the Sherman-S, that had not been announced when I pre-ordered. However, both the V13 and Sherman-S are still not even out for review or even really finalized, so which is better is purely theoretical at this point. I look forward to whatever may come, and I do not hold any specific favoritism to one brand over another. (Every brand has good and bad wheels, and model by model have strengths and weaknesses; there is no perfect wheel)

• Like 2

Just now, Jon Wall said:

55 on a single wheeled machine must be really moving!

I used to feel that way about going 30 on my v11, now I'm constantly riding the beeps at 35-37 because the roads/paths in my area are more than capable of 40-45. Having 55 as the max speed just makes it much more comfortable cruising at 45. But you can be damn sure I'm gonna hit the beeps on that v13 😂

• Like 1

On 9/8/2022 at 9:28 AM, Lets Do Science said:

I just pre-purchased my v13! via Chinese retailer on Aliexpress. Per their sales, they are expecting to ship out the first production models in October so i'll likely receive my shipment sometime in November. I'm expecting to be one of the first in the US with this wheel, i'll definitely update y'all once received. This will be my first InMotion wheel, really hoping it won't force tilt back too aggressively like my buddies v11 does to him. 

That aggressive tiltback is why I like inmotion wheels. Its kept me safe on many occasions when I couldn't hear the beeps or was riding aggressively. 

• Like 1