Mango

if undercharging is safer, and that’s what i’m reading for research, and it sounds like it is,

i’m fine with 95% charge on my ks-s22 and will be fine with v14’s only charging to 95%.

as long as it can make it to my gate and back.

my 9bs1 had all the range i needed. just needed a better tire rated for my weight.

has anybody on the second batch of 100 v14’s gotten anymore info on arrival at jason’s distribution warehouse?

he sent me the vessel tracking info that says it left port in china jan something and will arrive in la dec 25th.

either the ship can travel back in time or it’s circling the globe a few times before landing in la.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Tawpie said:

Samsung (and in my case LG) says do not go above 4.1 V: I'm guessing they know more about their cells than I

You mean the specifications in the inr-21700 m50lt datasheet in "4.2.4 Cycle Life (0.3C/0.5C): Charge(CC/CV) 0.3C(1,440mA), 4.1V, 240mA cut-off, rest time 10min. at 25ºC Discharge(CC) : 0.5C(2,400mA), 2.85V cut-off, rest 
time 20min. at 25ºC"?

Or are there additional mentionings?

2 hours ago, DragonFZ said:

It only took one year for my OG Sherman from being "OMG 77 lbs that's a freaking heavy wheel" to top of the light wheel category. LOL

Yeah for riders who want range/speed.. I see that. But someone who doesn't need it? I would hate riding something like sherman at ~22mph and for ~10 miles daily. (Knowing that i will need to carry it around. And never use it's real potential.) 

I better save some $$$ and get something that i actually need. No wasted performance and so on. 16x, 18xl, V12, V10 - these are my ideal wheels speed/range/weight - just perfect for what i need. :D 

I love big wheels - but for my daily needs, they are OVERKILL...

3 hours ago, Chriull said:

You mean the specifications in the inr-21700 m50lt datasheet in "4.2.4 Cycle Life (0.3C/0.5C): Charge(CC/CV) 0.3C(1,440mA), 4.1V, 240mA cut-off, rest time 10min. at 25ºC Discharge(CC) : 0.5C(2,400mA), 2.85V cut-off, rest 
time 20min. at 25ºC"?

Or are there additional mentionings?

Caught me in a senior moment! The LG spec sheet for the M50LT doesn't have that special warning paragraph found in the Samsung datasheet, I obviously misremembered, thanks for the correction.

2020-21700_M50LT_datasheet.pdf?v=1650029

The limit I was referring to comes from para 1.1.6 of the Samsung 40T data sheet, in the section that has the electrical design guidelines for 'packs'

1.1.6 Recharge Voltage must be at least 0.1V lower than Max charging Voltage.

page 16

https://files.batteryjunction.com/frontend/files/samsung/datasheet/SAMSUNG-40T-Datasheet.pdf

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

The limit I was referring to comes from para 1.1.6 of the Samsung 40T data sheet, in the section that has the electrical design guidelines for 'packs'

1.1.6 Recharge Voltage must be at least 0.1V lower than Max charging Voltage.

page 16

Interesting. Seems a bit inconsistent - like some copy paste? As i found no maximum charge voltage specified - just the voltage for standard and rated charge.

They have just 250 cycles in the datasheet. Could be the reason they made the cycle test with just 4.1V for the m50lt to reach 1000 cycles.

Seem some more sensible chemistry for these newer cells?

They also specify that single cell voltage monitoring is necessary. :)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Paul A said:

I don't get this - he rides fast around a blind corner in a built up area and seems to blame it on the dude sitting on the track. It could have been a dog on a lead, a child, shopping trolley, two people walking next to each other (that shits me and it happens all the time). Also, I imagine this is two way travel? So if someone was coming the other way how would this be any different? I just expect this and never get caught out because I'm expecting it - I ride accordingly. I've also lost my trust in chooch since he started making excuses for v12ht cut outs. 

Edited by Uras
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:
5 hours ago, novazeus said:

has anybody on the second batch of 100 v14’s gotten anymore info on arrival at jason’s distribution warehouse

https://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels/details/9516428

Looks like Jan 28 to arrive in Long beach. He sent that yesterday.

Was that a group email or did you ask him? I've had my preorder in since the first week it was possible to place an order and haven't heard anything since the email about the first batch of 30

37 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

weird, he sent me this with a paypal invoice for the balance due on  january 11, 2023.

https://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels/details/9604108

5 hours ago, novazeus said:

if undercharging is safer, and that’s what i’m reading for research, and it sounds like it is,

i’m fine with 95% charge on my ks-s22 and will be fine with v14’s only charging to 95%.

as long as it can make it to my gate and back.

my 9bs1 had all the range i needed. just needed a better tire rated for my weight.

it would be nice to do a balance charge every now and then. I leave charger on for an hour or so after full charge to get that fine balancing, then every other charge go to 80%. It seems that inmotion is taking that control away from you, including the 33mph (by gps) speed hobbling. Those things alone would shit me. From what I understand balancing happens by bleeding off charge from fully charged cells till all cells are at full charge.

Edited by Uras
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Great!  The more time the better.  I need to get the rest of the safety gear and get my nerves up.  

Too late for getting a small practice wheel.  The helmet alone almost cost the as much as the v5 was on Amazon during Black Friday.  

I’ll keep working my balance in the meany on the kids balance board.  

22DBC98D-BF5F-4944-B0A9-447B0300E1D6.jpeg.20084d0f91c9f000d70a753718cbeb01.jpeg

Just now, Uras said:

it would be nice to do a balance charge every now and then. I leave charger on for an hour or so after full charge to get that fine balancing, then every other charge go to 80%. It seems that inmotion is taking that control away from you, including the 33mph (by gps) speed hobbling. Those things alone would shit me.

the charger on the s18, pretty much stops drawing energy from the wall socket three hours after the green light. goes down to 1.6 watts.

the s22 charger completely stops drawing electricity as soon as the light turns green. goes to 1 watt(approx).

so leaving the charger hooked up to the s18 probably makes sense, but ur not doing anything for the s22.

as far as range tests go, i haven't seen a proper one done yet. 

tire fully inflated, pick a speed, say half of 55, 27 mph, weight of the rider on a decent day on a long stretch of highway, no hills. 

now u have a baseline. 

26 minutes ago, rebeuc said:

Was that a group email or did you ask him? I've had my preorder in since the first week it was possible to place an order and haven't heard anything since the email about the first batch of 30

Must have been a unique email.   I don’t have one either.   Jason mentioned he’s sending emails night and day.  Once he responded quickly to an email on a Sunday afternoon.  He is dedicated.  Being this shipment is 100 wheels, I’m sure yours along with anyone else with a pre order will arrive soon.  

Not asking specific dates but roughly, when were the pre orders first offered?  I got an order in fourth week of September.

Do you have an idea how long on average it takes them to get the wheels out from Long Beach to Jason and then to the end user?

Edited by Josiah

6 minutes ago, Josiah said:

Not asking specific dates but roughly, when were the pre orders first offered?

I think preorders were opened up on the date the inmotion launch video was released, around Mid-August

9 minutes ago, Josiah said:

I got an order in fourth week of September.

I placed my preorder on Aug 19

10 minutes ago, Josiah said:

Do you have an idea how long on average it takes them to get the wheels out from Long Beach to Jason and then to the end user?

I've heard maybe a week from port to warehouse, but I don't know how consistent that is.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, novazeus said:

as far as range tests go, i haven't seen a proper one done yet

I don't think folk do a balancing charge for extra range - I don't. It's to keep the batteries at a similar voltage and use whether high or low. Those low wattages (1.6 and 1) after supposed balance must be going somewhere - supposedly there isn't much to do re balancing at this point, just those fine top ups?