Quackery

Paul A

26 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

I just love reading this. One person says one thing, another comes up with stories to refute. Rinse repeat......:popcorn:

Same, at least one good thing came of Covid. It's funny to see what people think and so on.. :D

I did shot 4 days ago.. It's okey. My heart hurts now little bit, like it's holding in tight hand.. But it's cool.. All body feels like my bones are hurting.. But it's cool.. Also coughing. But it's cool..

Can't wait for the next shot in ~5 months. Gotta love this circus. :clap3:

Edited by Funky

So let’s look at the bigger picture. Do you really think that people are that stupid? We are being lied to. We have two groups of people that are absolutely sure they are correct, everyone else is fools. Dig just a bit and you find out that the 270 doctors are not really doctors. Dig just a bit and you find out that the CDC didn’t say that. So why are people lying to us? Is it political or just a way to divide? Are we putting off the inevitable in hopes for a long shot? Disrupt and destroy? Why are they lying? Maybe the answer to this question is more important than anything else. 

• Upvote 1

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts-entertainment/2022/01/14/joe-rogan-spotify-doctors-covid-misinformation/

Washington Post

January 14, 2022

Doctors call out Spotify for letting Joe Rogan spread ‘false and societally harmful’ covid-19 claims

In an open letter published Monday, more than 270 medical professionals urge Spotify to stop “enabling its hosted media to damage public trust in scientific research and sow doubt in the credibility of data-driven guidance.” Rogan, whose show reaches an estimated audience of 11 million people an episode, has repeatedly downplayed the need for coronavirus vaccines and used his platform to flirt with misinformation about covid-19.

Spotify has deleted 40 unrelated episodes of Rogan’s show from its service, including one featuring Alex Jones, who has pushed the false theory that the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting was a hoax.

Doctors and medical professionals who signed the letter took umbrage with one recent episode in particular featuring Robert Malone, a physician who bills himself as having played a key role in the creation of mRNA vaccines. Malone has since become a prominent skeptic of the coronavirus vaccines that have been crafted using the technology, often “promoting baseless conspiracy theories,” according to the coalition.

Malone used Rogan’s platform to promote “an unfounded theory that societal leaders have ‘hypnotized’ the public,” the group wrote, adding that the physician’s false claim has been debunked.

When we talk about using 'science' to support a conclusion/opinion it's important to keep in mind that it is a foundational tenant for the scientific community to test and retest a hypothesis in order to prove it wrong... those that practice the scientific method recognize that making conclusions based on a limited set of observations runs the risk that the conclusion is wrong because the parameters that affect the experimental outcome are not finite. In other words, what is hard science and absolutely true today may not actually be correct if we look at it in a different way. Or with different understanding. Some examples of widely accepted concepts from the past that were backed by "science"...

• The earth is flat and the universe rotates around it.
  • Newtonian mechanics explains the natural world.
  • There is no such thing as non-ballistic motion unless it was performed by an earth creature (no UFOs).
  • The color of your skin and the number of Y chromosomes you have directly affects your potential as a human.
  • Eating eggs will give you a heart attack.
  • Eating eggs won't give you a heart attack.
  • 640k of RAM is plenty. (ok, that was an opinion)
  • SARS-CoV-2 lives on surfaces for days, and only spread when you got formites spewed on you (the thinking was it didn't spread through the air in aerosols and 6 feet plus any sort of mask were golden enough... we can thank residuals from the effort to scientifically quash the miasma theory of disease in favor of bacteria/virus for this—and we held this truth as self evident in spite of all the people isolated in their cabins on the cruise ships).
  • Two jabs and we can all go back to booking cruises. (sorry, that's hyperbole and has probably never been studied scientifically—but it's a nice thought)

I hold the opinion that suppression of opinions is unfortunate and ultimately a bad idea. I think it's good to have my beliefs challenged—after all there's a very, very, minuscule possibility that I might be wrong. I'm obviously never wrong though... as long as I can limit the context. And since you can also control the context, you're never wrong either. Why should I be able to declare you a heretic and scrub your opinion from the record? Is the truth that I and oodles like me don't support your point of view sufficient? Maybe?

It's a tough question with a moving target.

Edited by Tawpie
add some recent advice about eggs
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Example of a conspiracy theory.

Alex Jones and Sandy Hook Elementary School mass shooting.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandy_Hook_Elementary_School_shooting_conspiracy_theories

Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting conspiracy theories

The Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting occurred on December 14, 2012, in Newtown, Connecticut. The perpetrator, Adam Lanza, fatally shot his mother before murdering 20 students and six staff members at Sandy Hook Elementary School, and later committed suicide.[1] A number of fringe figures have promoted conspiracy theories that doubt or dispute what occurred at Sandy Hook. Various conspiracy theorists have claimed, for example, that the massacre was actually orchestrated by the U.S. government as part of an elaborate plot to promote stricter gun control laws.[2]

The more common conspiracy theory, adopted initially by James Fetzer, James Tracy and others, and further popularized by Alex Jones, denied that the massacre actually occurred, asserting that it was faked. The massacre was described by Fetzer and Tracy as a classified training exercise involving members of federal and local law enforcement, the news media, and crisis actors, which they claim was modeled on Operation Closed Campus, an Iowa school-shooting drill that was canceled in 2011 amid threats and public outcry. Jones described the shooting incident as "synthetic, completely fake with actors; in my view, manufactured . . . it just shows how bold they are that they clearly used actors."[3][4]

In 2018, the parents of several children killed in the Sandy Hook shooting launched a lawsuit against Alex Jones and other authors of conspiracy videos for defamation, accusing them of engaging in a campaign of "false, cruel, and dangerous assertions".[11] In 2019, Jones reversed his stance and stated that the massacre was real.[12]

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/11/15/alex-jones-sandy-hook-defamation-lawsuit/

Washington Post

November 15, 2021

Alex Jones must pay damages to Sandy Hook families in another defamation case, judge rules

A Connecticut court has ruled that conspiracy theorist and Infowars founder Alex Jones must pay damages in lawsuits filed by the families of eight people killed in the 2012 mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School, delivering another legal defeat to the far-right broadcaster who falsely said the deadly attack was a “hoax.”

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Pharma_conspiracy_theory

Big Pharma conspiracy theory

The Big Pharma conspiracy theory is a group of conspiracy theories that claim that the medical community in general and pharmaceutical companies in particular, especially large corporations, operate for sinister purposes and against the public good, and that they conceal effective treatments, or even cause and worsen a wide range of diseases for the only purpose of profitability.[1][2] Specific variations of the conspiracy theory have included the claim that natural alternative remedies to health problems are being suppressed, the claim that drugs for the treatment of HIV/AIDS are ineffective and harmful, the claim that a cure for all cancers has been discovered but hidden from the public, and claims that COVID-19 vaccines are ineffective and that alternative cures are available for COVID-19. In each case the conspiracy theorists have blamed pharmaceutical companies' search for profits. A range of authors have shown these claims to be false, though some of these authors nevertheless maintain that other criticisms of the pharmaceutical industry are legitimate.[3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10]

Is it really plausible that thousands of people in government/pharmaceutical companies are involved in a conspiracy?

53 minutes ago, Funky said:

To be covid or not to be.. That's the question.

I don't care about it. I'm tired of all these rules/limitations.. Mask or no service. Vaccines or no LIFE (job, stores, anything in life.)

But that's me.. Some may care and it's their choice. I don't give 2 ducks about the virus it self..

Anything in news or anywhere can be false.. Like saying go, Money talks more. Results can be bought, tests can be rigged. You can't trust anything nowadays..

That's why i hate the world.

I hear you! Don’t let them get to you. You hate, they win. 

30 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

I hear you! Don’t let them get to you. You hate, they win. 

I hate everything.. Some more, some less. :) If you gave me options: Cure cancer & end the world. Guess which i would choose.

You where right, Cure cancer!!!!                     Highlight text for secret    >>   People are cancer of the world.  <<   :efeeb35c09:

2 edgy?

Edited by Funky

2 minutes ago, Funky said:

I hate everything.. Some more, some less. :) If you gave me options: Cure cancer & end the world. Guess which i would choose.

You where right, Cure cancer!!!!                     Highlight text for secret    >>   People are cancer of the world.  <<   :efeeb35c09:

Ah!!  … I hate you less too. :wub: 

Claims that number of deaths attributed to Covid may be inflated.

Claims that people Dying WITH Covid are incorrectly classified as Dying OF Covid.

The total number of deaths in the USA of the previous years show that there was a substantial increase in deaths, regardless of the cause.

Covid hit the USA hard in March 2020.

Here are the total deaths in the USA from 2015 to 2020.

The total deaths in the USA for 2021 is still being tallied, it is estimated to be 3.4 million.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2778234

2015                     2016                  2017                    2018                    2019                    2020                    *2021 estimate

2,712,630            2,744,248          2,813,503           2,839,205           2,854,838          3,358,814             3,400,000

The huge spike in total deaths in 2020 indicates that deaths from Covid are not falsely inflated.

Deaths with covid past two years in U.K: 150,000

Deaths where people actually died of covid alone past two years in U.K: under 20,000

Danish media: “undskyld, fordi vi forkert” (sorry, we got it wrong). Your country may differ.

Defending the ‘questionable/indefensible, depending on your point of view:

If you want to skip the education bit, 16:30 and on to 18:00, the salient takeaway:

Looking forward to the press’s take…. 

Edited by Freeforester

I heard somewhere. That if you have gotten covid once.. There will be no need for future vaccines anymore. (The ones that people need to take each ~5 months or so..)?

Any thoughts?

If it's true, i see many people going searching for covid. And getting sick intentionally, just for no more vaccines. xD

• Like 1

On 1/18/2022 at 5:11 PM, Paul A said:

Claims that number of deaths attributed to Covid may be inflated.

Claims that people Dying WITH Covid are incorrectly classified as Dying OF Covid.

The total number of deaths in the USA of the previous years show that there was a substantial increase in deaths, regardless of the cause.

Covid hit the USA hard in March 2020.

Here are the total deaths in the USA from 2015 to 2020.

The total deaths in the USA for 2021 is still being tallied, it is estimated to be 3.4 million.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2778234

2015                     2016                  2017                    2018                    2019                    2020                    *2021 estimate

2,712,630            2,744,248          2,813,503           2,839,205           2,854,838          3,358,814             3,400,000

The huge spike in total deaths in 2020 indicates that deaths from Covid are not falsely inflated.

Not exactly. It simply says more people have died. The actual reason may have been inflated. Covid HAS been falsely reported, its FACT. Its just simply not a fact you find on television. People who died 'with' covid and 'from' covid, are not a distinction. Its just numbers with inadequate proof of how they have been collected. Not to mention the fiasco of accuracy in testing and continual retesting until a positive is 'found'.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

The data is stating that there was a very large spike of around 500k deaths, in 2020, above the previous year.

The previous five years show a relatively stable total, deviations not really that extraordinary.

What is the plausible explanation for this highly unusual spike, if not Covid, which hit the USA hard in March 2020?

Incidentally, the increase only accounts for the nine months (not a full year) of Covid from March onwards.