Quackery

Paul A

43 minutes ago, Paul A said:

If his misinformation are genuine mistakes, it is further reasons to disregard him as a credible source of medical information on Covid.

LOL!   I guess Dr.Fauci is the biggest quack.  

If a broken clock is right twice a day. We know Dr. Fauci Is too. Flip Flop.  

Did you know that Fauci did the same thing with aids back in the 80’s? “ You can get aids by breathing the same air” “This is a pandemic that will kill half of the population in ten years”  Flop “ You can’t get aids by using the same toilet seat” After shouting that aids could be contracted from door knobs no one would believe the truth even when he was the one saying it. 

Aids had almost a 100% fatality rate at the time. 

1 hour ago, Paul A said:

Have detailed in previous posts reasons of why Dr John Campbell is a quack.

If his misinformation are genuine mistakes, it is further reasons to disregard him as a credible source of medical information on Covid.

He is not qualified in the subject matter, his disclaimer clearly states that.

Not going to furthermore entertain his musings, continuously fact checking/debunking his credibility, it is too time consuming.

Rely on credible sources.

All Dr Campbell does is find credible sources of medical information and states the details in a more concise way. Its then up to you if you believe the data or not. As I have said before science tells us what is false rather than what is true, so the data is going to evolve as they learn more about the subject matter.  You have decided your opinion of him and nothing will change that, that is your choice. You don't have to believe everything you think and we all have biases which clouds our thinking. Me included. So I have to ask myself sometimes why do i think the way I do about something and is it rational?  Ultimately it doesn't matter. Keep safe, I know Australia is doing it tough atm. It did a great job controlling the pandemic but human nature made too many people complacent to getting vaccinated earlier which is no-ones fault. I'm a dual national Australian who has lived and still have many friends and family there. Take care.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, The Brahan Seer said:

All Dr Campbell does is find credible sources of medical information and states the details in a more concise way. Its then up to you if you believe the data or not. As I have said before science tells us what is false rather than what is true, so the data is going to evolve as they learn more about the subject matter.  You have decided your opinion of him and nothing will change that, that is your choice. You don't have to believe everything you think and we all have biases which clouds our thinking. Me included. So I have to ask myself sometimes why do i think the way I do about something and is it rational?  Ultimately it doesn't matter. Keep safe, I know Australia is doing it tough atm. It did a great job controlling the pandemic but human nature made too many people complacent to getting vaccinated earlier which is no-ones fault. I'm a dual national Australian who has lived and still have many friends and family there. Take care.

Regardless of the content, this is a thinking mans response. Thank you for using your powerful mind. :cheers:

• Like 2

Is confirmation bias on the increase? 

Irrational ad hominem aspersions aside, it’s the evidence that really matters. There are simply too many countries around the world using ivermectin to good effect among their populations for it to be quackery. Consider the evidence. Consider its safety record too, in the light of the alternatives offered 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Freeforester said:

Is confirmation bias on the increase?

YES!! Regardless of our views, we can find a news feed that agrees with us entirely. It is just too easy. Regardless of our personal views we should challenge them daily. 

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
On 9/19/2021 at 5:34 AM, Paul A said:

Famous Anti-Vaxxers Who Have Died From COVID-19

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/aug/29/conservative-radio-host-anti-vaxxer-dies-covid-marc-bernier

Marc Bernier. Florida radio host. Died August 28, 2021.

In December, Bernier told one guest: “I’m not taking it … Are you kidding me? Mr Anti-Vax? Jeepers.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/08/09/dick-farrel-dies-covid19/

Dick Farrell.  Florida radio host. Died August 4, 2021.

A conservative radio host in Florida who vehemently criticized the coronavirus vaccine has died of covid-19 complications, his fiancee and life partner Kittie Farley confirmed Monday.

However, Farrel swiftly changed his perspective about the vaccine after he contracted the virus, his friends and family said.

“Get it!” he responded in a text message. “And then he told me that this virus is no joke and then he said: ‘I wish I had gotten it!’ ” Hair told The Post on Monday, urging others to get vaccinated.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phil_Valentine

Phil Valentine.  Died August 21, 2021.

On July 11, 2021, Valentine announced he had COVID-19.[36][37] To battle the illness, Valentine took Vitamin D and the anti-parasite drug ivermectin despite warnings against the medication by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.[38][39] After contracting COVID-19, Valentine regretted not being vaccinated against the illness and that his criticism of the COVID-19 vaccination caused listeners of his radio program to not be vaccinated.[40] Valentine was placed on mechanical ventilation on July 28, 2021.[41][42] His brother, Mark, announced on July 30, 2021 that Valentine required extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO), which acts as an artificial lung and heart for the body.[43] Valentine died of complications of COVID-19 on August 21, 2021.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/coronavirus/article253569969.html

Dr. Jimmy DeYoung.  Christian radio host.  Died August 12, 2021.

Jimmy DeYoung, a Christian radio broadcaster who questioned the COVID-19 vaccines, died Sunday following a short battle with the virus.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/27/world/texas-anti-mask-organizer-clings-to-life-in-a-battle-with-covid-19.html

Caleb Wallace.  Died August 28, 2021.

Caleb Wallace, a leader in the anti-mask movement in central Texas, became infected with the coronavirus and has been in an intensive care unit for the past three weeks, barely clinging to life, his wife, Jessica, said."

"He founded the San Angelo Freedom Defenders, a group that hosted a rally to end “Covid-19 tyranny” according to a YouTube interview with him."

"Mrs. Wallace, who is pregnant with the couple’s fourth child, told the San Angelo Standard-Times that when her husband first felt ill, he took a mix of vitamin C, zinc, aspirin and ivermectin — a drug typically used to treat parasitic worms in both people and animals that has been touted as a coronavirus treatment but was recently proved to be ineffective against the virus.

Bernier and Farrell were conservative radio hosts in Florida.

Florida is currently suffering very high numbers of total cases, active cases, total deaths.

That doesn’t compare to the dozens of professional soccer players dropping dead from heart attacks along with teenagers now dropping dead of heart attacks and getting mycarditis ..it’s getting scary .I got covid in March 2020 and ended up in icu for a week almost died and it attacked my pancreas and destroyed all the cells that make insulin.I went from fine to full blown type 1 diabetic I now take 4 shots a day of insulin to stay alive ..but I pulled thru and built up natural immunity.I had relatives all around me getting it ..they all had two doses of Pfizer and now they are all experiencing breathing problems ,copd,anemia ,and one aunt died from covid even double dosed .now Pfizer is saying your gunna need a booster before every flu season 🤣🤣 

806B6CA4-7807-4062-97D5-598DFBB30AAF.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, /Dev/Null said:

I fear the fact that I may dislike more & more people as I get older

At least you can still say 'fear'. I think I lost mine some time back as I find most of the population are arseholes. Hence why I crave for a relatively solitary lifestyle like @ShanesPlanet

99% of the population only seem to care about themselves these days. A world of TikTok show offs and entitled moaners. No community spirit whatsoever outside of very small villages. It's each man for themselves otherwise. I'd say its almost like Mad Max apart from most clueless idiots not having the faintest idea how to care, work or fend for themselves without a computer or phone, instead having relied on someone else to provide them with handouts/clicks. They certainly wouldn't be able to cobble together a vehicle of some kind, bearing in mind most can't even change a headlight bulb or know where the dipstick is.

I really do sometimes wish we had a major reset. Go back to a system without electricity. I appreciate I then also wouldn't have my EUC, or indeed a phone to type this message one, but I'd make the sacrifice.

Yep, deffo feeling like the world has lost it's way today. Don't mind me.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Planemo said:

least you can still say 'fear'. I think I lost mine some time back as I find most of the population are arseholes. Hence why I crave for a relatively solitary lifestyle like @ShanesPlanet

Historically and prehistorically, most men have not reproduced. The present 40%-60% of men reproducing in the 20th century is extremely high compared to the 5-15% of prehistory. If this seems unusually low, keep in mind this lines up well with other mammals.

Hence, men on the lower portion of the socioeconomic scale (that is to say the bottom 90%) in general lead a solitary existence, and having a car greatly increases this trend, as few systems are so perfectly isolationist as an automobile. It is, literally, a six sided wall that excludes any sort of communication with other people, with roads that are deadly to people outside of mobile six sided boxes.

Don’t tell the authorities about the two fully jabbed players already entered at the tournament who have come down with omicron, whatever, or they may get even more confused. 

Is it really about biosecurity? For all his last few weeks, Djokovic was neither capable of bringing in and spreading the virus in Australia, nor indeed getting the illness from those who are already in town, on the other side of the ‘net’ and have gone down with the illness. 🤔

The mask issue is a complete red herring. All hospitals have been masked up and disinfected to the nines since the start, and yet the place to get the illness if you do t already have it is in a hospital. Your hospital may differ, though. A virologist has a view:

https://rumble.com/vpra5j-showing-the-science-dr.-byram-bridle.html

• Upvote 1

Mr. Novak Djokovic was deported from Australia.

A survey conducted prior to the Federal Court case showed an overwhelming response of 71% in support of deportation.

A lower 14% wanted Mr. Djokovic to compete, and 15% did not care either way.

It seems that public sentiment was incensed by Mr. Djokovic's selfish behaviour.

Every other international tennis player (except one Czech player, also deported) abided by the rules and were vaccinated.

Mr. Djokovic admitted to be knowingly infectious when he attended an interview/photo shoot.

Mr. Djokovic had also been pictured without a mask, with a group of children, the day after he was diagnosed with Covid.

Upon return to the Belgrade airport of his home country of Serbia, there was not a large crowd of fans/supporters to welcome him home.

_________________________________________________-

https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/sports/no-vaccine-no-french-open-djokovic-says-french-sports-ministry-2022-01-17/

PARIS, Jan 17 (Reuters) - Novak Djokovic could be barred from playing in the French Open as things stand now after the Sports Ministry said on Monday there would be no exemption from France's new vaccine pass law.

France's vaccine pass law, approved by parliament on Sunday, will require people to have a certificate of vaccination to enter public places such as restaurants, cafes, cinemas and long-distance trains.

"The rule is simple. The vaccine pass will be imposed, as soon as the law is promulgated, in establishments that were already subject to the health pass," the ministry said.

"This will apply to everyone who is a spectator or a professional sportsperson. And this until further notice.

Serbian Djokovic, who was barred from bidding to win a record 21st Grand Slam title at the Australian Open, has refused to vaccinate and was criticised for attending public events last month after testing positive for the coronavirus.

• Thanks 1

Dr. Byram Bridle.

https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-canada-technology-gun-politics-religion-a7dd90823ca346534f1087ba0b1071b1

Spike protein produced by vaccine is not toxic

CLAIM: COVID-19 vaccines make people produce a spike protein that is a toxin and can spread to other parts of the body and damage organs.

THE FACTS: COVID-19 vaccines do instruct the body to produce spike proteins that teach the immune system to combat the spikes on the coronavirus, but experts say these proteins are not toxic and do not damage organs.

“The spike protein is immunogenic, meaning it causes an immune response, but it is not a toxin,” said William Matchett, a vaccine researcher at the University of Minnesota Medical School.

Dr. Byram Bridle, an associate professor in viral immunology at the University of Guelph’s Ontario Veterinary College, forwarded the fringe theory about the spike protein being a toxin during a radio interview with Alex Pierson in Ontario, Canada.

Posts online shared quotes of Bridle’s interview to further push the false narrative that COVID-19 vaccines are dangerous and attack the body.

Bridle did not respond to requests for comment from The Associated Press. An auto-reply email from his account said that a more comprehensive report on his comments would soon be published. “My answer to the question posed by the host was objective and founded on multiple reliable scientific sources,” the email reads.

My observation is that this virus seems tailor made to kill idiots. People who reject medical science in favor of Facebook conspiracy theories can and should win Darwin awards.

Oh, and here's Trump urging people to get vaccinated.

and here's him saying it's one of the greatest achievements of mankind.

https://youtu.be/aEKVCJZ-Yqs

• Like 1

https://healthfeedback.org/claimreview/byram-bridles-claim-that-covid-19-vaccines-are-toxic-fails-to-account-for-key-differences-between-the-spike-protein-produced-during-infection-and-vaccination-misrepresents-studies/

Byram Bridle’s claim that COVID-19 vaccines are toxic fails to account for key differences between the spike protein produced during infection and vaccination, misrepresents studies

CLAIM
“Terrifying new research finds vaccine spike protein unexpectedly in [the] bloodstream. The protein is linked to blood clots, heart and brain damage”

DETAILS
Unsupported: Findings from recent studies suggested that the spike protein from the virus that causes COVID-19 might damage blood vessels, but data are still preliminary. The effect of spike protein in infected animals can’t be extrapolated to vaccine-derived spike protein in humans.
Misrepresents source: None of the studies reported harmful effects from spike protein produced by COVID-19 vaccination. On the contrary, one study suggested that COVID-19 vaccines targeting the spike protein might prevent blood vessel damage.
Lack of context: The spike protein produced by COVID-19 vaccination behaves differently from spike protein produced during infection. While some spike protein produced through vaccination might enter the bloodstream, it is at a much lower level compared to the amount associated with damage in infected animals.

Verdict:  Misleading

Covid.. Povid.. All world is gone to shit because of it.. Sorry, but boo whoo people are dying.. I say, so what? What's new? People have been dying each day before covid, yet no one cried then. Suddenly people start dropping like flies, and it's world end. I personally think it's good, world have been overpopulated for years. It's long over due to "thin the herd". All these vaccines, face masks, code reading, etc.. is bullshit. In summer i simply will not wear a mask and be it.. At winter it was okey, warmer.. But at summer you simply will not be able to breathe..

Covid will be here for forever.. It will not disappear anywhere.

Also there's that everything, be bills, be food, be anything in store is getting more expensive. Guess from what. From all these so called "free" vaccines. They need money to make them, to import, etc.. So they will simply increase anything they can in price.

Sure also from "shortages". But "free" vaccines are joke. Nothing is free.

But that's my option. For some it stinks. Some wish i would burn in hell. Some will agree. (That's the thing, everyone has option.) And vaccines also should be optional.

I wish world would simply be destroyed by big asteroid.. Because it is getting worse each passing year. :efeffe9e4a:

Some people look to Mr. Novak Djokovic as validation for their anti vax beliefs.

These are some of Mr. Novak Djokovic's beliefs.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-59897918

BBC British Broadcasting Commission

6 Jan 2022

Questionable science

The tennis star has a track record when it comes to questionable scientific claims.

In his book Serve to Win, Djokovic described how in 2010 he met with a nutritionist who asked him to hold a piece of bread in his left hand while he pressed down on his right arm. Djokovic claims he was much weaker while holding the bread, and cited this as evidence of gluten intolerance.

And during an Instagram live, he claimed that positive thought could "cleanse" polluted water, adding that "scientists have proven that molecules in water react to our emotions."

According to Dr David Nunan, a senior researcher at the Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine at the University of Oxford, "on the balance of probabilities it is highly unlikely that such claims are true - at least not by current conventions of scientific theory and practice."

Earlier in the pandemic, Djokovic's wife repeated a 5G conspiracy theory on Instagram - her post was given a misinformation label by the social network.

• Sad 1