Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)

Mango

2 hours ago, Rolzi said:

Hmmm. To me the sound coming in the e-rides video feels like it coming from the fender or something else resonating to vibration. Does sound very "plasticy" to me. Edit: The very last comment on the video is about the motor wire touching the fender. I think its plausible that the noise is coming from the motor wire vibrating on the fender.

Their demo wheels suspension does sound bad. Not much of that in eevees videos though.

Iam also reminded of this video: 

The whole suspension rod is bent in shipping. I wonder what kind of hit is required to bent it while riding. Isn´t this the same version that will be used in all Hero/Master/EX20S?

S20 has 2 slider on the both sides for the suspension movement. I would think that this implementation would take more shearing stress? Also no info how easy those sliders are to maintain. Adding oil/grease etc.

If you look at the S20 production video you can see the lady greasing the slider channel. It looks like it would be easy to keep lubricated. 

I also agree with the KS choice of the two sliders. I think the single suspension rod design can be an issue in extreme cases but unlikely. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Curt8892 said:

If you look at the S20 production video you can see the lady greasing the slider channel. It looks like it would be easy to keep lubricated.

I believe what you are referring to is only the trolley handle channel

Edited by Rolzi
More thoughts

1 hour ago, Rolzi said:

I believe what you are referring to is only the trolley handle channel.

Upon closer inspection it seems that those channels are indeed where the suspension sliders will sit in. Seems like the worker is simply greasing the channel for easier installation of the battery (they are slid in to place from the bottom that you see at the 42 second mark in the video. You can see the head of the rods sliding in.). Now the outer shell of the sliders should not move in the channel so there should be no reason to grease that side. The sliders seem to be quite deep (down) in the channel. I am not sure what is keeping the upper part of the rod not moving up.

I thought the sliders worked the same way that you could find in your kitchen drawer (google "kitchen drawer slides"). I hope its not the other way around so that the plastic pieces you see outside are actually the ones making moving contact to the side of the battery casing.

Edited by Rolzi

10 minutes ago, 5Cauac said:

No surprise EEVEE"S beat me to posting the video but it turned out for the best. It had all the commentary and points about the wheel I failed to record.

A lot of commentary I thought I recorded ended up being jepgs instead :facepalm:. I thought I had footage of side by side comparisons to S18 and Sherman. So no fancy footage on this vid just an average rider demonstrating the wheel. All the good stuff was already showcased in EEVEE's Video.

The guys at EEVEE'S were awesome. Just before we were handed over the S20, we were told to test the wheels, do what we would normally do with our wheels, do push them but try not to "crash them too much" as they still have several more stops on the tour and would like them to last as much as possible. :confused1::w00t2:

Enjoy!!

I hear a lot of rattling noise from the wheel.  Is that normal?

Edited by SanDiegoGuy

8 minutes ago, SanDiegoGuy said:

I've found that video seems to make all of the noises seem louder, but all my wheels make noises when I'm on rough ground... particularly my S18. I wasn't concerned by what I heard.

1 minute ago, 5Cauac said:

Could it be possible it's due to no Hall Sensors in the wheel?

The wheel has conventional hall sensors from what I understand, they're backed up by sensor-less just in case something goes wrong. Sensor-less requires the motor be turning before it knows what's going on, so in our application it doesn't replace conventional hall sensors.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, SanDiegoGuy said:

The second wheel I rode had a squeak we later corrected with some stanchion oil. It was a plastic squeak coming from the fender rubbing.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thank you for getting to our questions @5Cauac, I'm happy to see it seems more manageable than expected when tipping it back up. The S18 isn't the best, at least compared to my 16x, so seeing they've not made the S20 worse than the S18 is encouraging for sure.

• Thanks 1

Thinking you can do tire change this way:

Take out the 3 screws from both side that are used to adjust height. This already disconnects the whole motor assembly from the suspension.

Take out the needed screws to take out the whole control board unit.

Disconnect battery and light wires.

Now the whole motor can be removed from the bottom. Control board unit should fit through the wheel. No need to disconnect motor wires at all!

Then just remove the fender and other side of wheel assemby and you have full access to the rim.

Edited by Rolzi

39 minutes ago, 5Cauac said:

Which is why I passed it up when Chance asked me to hit it. I knew the S20 was capable of doing it just didn't want to take the risk. 

Here is the hand off incase you missed it.

https://youtu.be/xkKvVymlZYM

I watched your demo day video.  I think you rode respectfully of the opportunity Eevees was giving you while still getting a good feel for the wheel.  Just seeing the clips posted by Eevees and a tiny bit of him in the background in yours it didn't seem like Chance was doing the same.  Hopefully it doesn't make Eevees rethink doing demo tours.

"Demo day" probably wasn't intended to be "Demolition Derby Day" or "demo day" as a house flipper would use it! :wacko:

Is demolition derby a colonies thing or do you have them across the pond?

Edited by Tawpie
remove threadjack
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Has there been any info on how the battery actually monitoring works? do they have wires to each individual cell to measure their voltage or is there some clever way of doing it? I know everyone else is interested in the looks or the new voltage or the suspension or the adjustability of the thing but, as a Begode owner, I'm really interested by the battery monitoring.

1 hour ago, mike_bike_kite said:

Has there been any info on how the battery actually monitoring works? do they have wires to each individual cell to measure their voltage or is there some clever way of doing it? I know everyone else is interested in the looks or the new voltage or the suspension or the adjustability of the thing but, as a Begode owner, I'm really interested by the battery monitoring.

There seems to be 30 voltage measurements per battery pack in the video posted earlier.

Edited by Rolzi