Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)

Mango

4 hours ago, kiitick said:

I hear rumor that king song official slider upgrades are going to be shipped out sometime after Christmas to ewheels customers who have 1st batch. No confirmation on that. I love this wheel so much. I'm going to get another.

3 hours ago, gon2fast said:

I can confirm that. 

This is excellent news!!! I've been holding out on getting the CNC siders so this is awesome!!  :thumbup::clap3:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Seems the wheels on a CNC slider can break.

Kingsong s22 cnc slider. Can you reuse them after a broken wheel?

343 subscribers

Nov 24, 2022

I'm trying it out for you so you can learn from my mistakes. Can you reuse the cnc slider after a broken wheel? Yes it is possible, but do not use a pulley puller.

*YouTuber not allowing video to be embedded.  Need to watch on YouTube via link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNds_HpVJbY

3 minutes ago, novazeus said:

wow! my s22 arrived! kingsong has come a long way from my 2017 builds of 16s and 18s.

charging now. guess i did it right, no instructions. i plugged in the charger first, then i plugged in the wheel. no fires and it is charging so i must be ok.

i absolutely love the kickstand and the sturdy handles to grab it. 

i have two different motor stickers.

the silver sticker says, ks-s22-zx-220718 and three more numbers.

the white sticker says ks-s22-zx3300w2206160 and 4 more numbers. like how the motor is engraved.

anybody have any idea what they did. maybe august 17, they rebuilt the motor with pins?

but yeah very very pretty. 

Wait till you have first problems. Then you will love 2017 build quality more. :D 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, novazeus said:

wow! my s22 arrived! kingsong has come a long way from my 2017 builds of 16s and 18s.

charging now. guess i did it right, no instructions. i plugged in the charger first, then i plugged in the wheel. no fires and it is charging so i must be ok.

i absolutely love the kickstand and the sturdy handles to grab it. 

i have two different motor stickers.

the silver sticker says, ks-s22-zx-220718 and three more numbers.

the white sticker says ks-s22-zx3300w2206160 and 4 more numbers. like how the motor is engraved.

anybody have any idea what they did. maybe august 17, they rebuilt the motor with pins?

but yeah very very pretty. 

Yes sticker means motor is pinned. 👍

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Funky said:

Wait till you have first problems. Then you will love 2017 build quality more. :D 

haha, do u think those wheels were problem free, haha, me and tina wong became long distance friends trying to troubleshoot the ks-18s.

once fixed, took weeks btw, it was a great long range cruiser but not pasture appropriate. idk if this wheel os either but i'll try.

the light is shit in my container so i haven't really nit picked anything yet, just happy to get my ups delivery one day early even though it required several phone calls. deliveries to a ranch when ur half a mile from the road is a bitch, esp sig required.

7 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Yes sticker means motor is pinned. 👍

yaaay!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, novazeus said:

have y'all been waiting for the green light on the charger to illuminate?
says "saturated shut off".

S22 have that setting "cut-off" charging, if i'm not mistaken. - like set 80%, etc.. And it stops charging at set "%". Maybe that?

Check app so it's disabled. Charge to full +balance every time you can..

Also make sure to keep it on the charger at least 1-2hrs after it turns green.  -You know.. So the battery gets fully balanced, what not.

My 18xl beeps when it's finishes "balancing". It's normally ~2hr after charger has turned already green. (2hrs extra, after it turns green.)

Edited by Funky

charger pulls 700 watts out of the wall. that's alot! charger runs surprisingly cool.

and fyi, once this charger turns green, it stops pulling watts. so no trickle.

and yeah badly needs calibration. tried to back out of here when i turned it on.

12 minutes ago, novazeus said:

charger pulls 700 watts out of the wall. that's alot! charger runs surprisingly cool.

and fyi, once this charger turns green, it stops pulling watts. so no trickle.

and yeah badly needs calibration. tried to back out of here when i turned it on.

Nah that's normal for S22.. It's back "heavy". (At least if my memory isn't wrong..)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, novazeus said:

I've upgraded to mainboard 2.25, calibrated and run medium (or maybe it's in soft) mode... for some reason that seems to have largely fixed the backing up problem. BMS needs to be at 2.15

Congratulations! Now, get the 'grease' out of it.

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, novazeus said:

charger is still red and the battery bars are full. must mean it trickle charges for awhile.

It’s just at the Constant Voltage phase of the Li-ion charging process. It keeps the voltage at the maximum battery voltage while the charging current starts to decline. It lasts for a good while.

Also, the battery bars are not a precise presentation of the battery level, and the bars can show all full even when the voltage is not yet at it’s maximum. For assessing the charging level and process you should look at the voltage instead.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Funky said:

I am 2000 miles in without any major issues (rebound knob got stuck for an hour and the first charger self destructed). To be fair, I do not go down stairs or push it anywhere near the ceiling so it is not getting the beating some riders dish out.  

BTW - has anyone done the new firmware update with the 40T configuration?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gon2fast said:

I am 2000 miles in without any major issues (rebound knob got stuck for an hour and the first charger self destructed). To be fair, I do not go down stairs or push it anywhere near the ceiling so it is not getting the beating some riders dish out.  

I ride mine in stairs, off-road, skate-park jumping, ride fast, in snow and -10c, it works great no issues.

btw I installed screw studs into the stock tire like a week ago, works great! I have two stock tires so might just keep this one as winter tire and switch when season is ending.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, EUCzero said:

Just be careful in skateparks with studded tire. Mu studded tire had NO grip on a halfpipe, where my not studded tire had excellent grip.

Don't plan on riding a whole lot in the skatepark during winter but thanks for the heads up 😁

10 hours ago, gon2fast said:

Yes, I've updated mine to the most recent versions for both the main board and the bms. I haven't ridden it much yet. But now the lights will turn off when you put it down on the lift switch, and Ewheels mentioned it should be able to change the display to MPH now, but I haven't messed with it much yet. 

I also need to see if the batteries will balance at all now vs just shutting the charger down as soon as the light goes green. 

• Like 2