Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)

Mango

6 hours ago, UniVehje said:

Everyone is free to start new threads. Good idea. There’s already a thread about suspension setups. 
I can start this thread today. 

Great. I would’nt start it my self since I have’nt received mine yet, but it is on it’s way ;)

22 hours ago, Miko.cz said:

I just want to share my feelings. Yesterday CZ distributor wrote me that my KS-S22 is ready to go and I can take it. But I have for next 14 days fixed ankle and home treatment because of my last fall from 16S. Thats completely unfair! :))

I’d take the time to mod the hell out of it! Then day 15, ride the hell out of it!

For US buyers wanting a K66, racingplanetusa.com has both the 80/90 and 80/80 in stock. Not inexpensive (89USD for the 80/90, 56USD for the 80/80) but only 10USD shipping (from EU warehouse, 6-10 days). They do tend to blow through their stock quickly!

Product Product-No. sales tax Unit price Total price
pixel_black.gif
1 x tire Heidenau K66 80/80-14 M/C 43J TL reinforced HDS35022 0.00% $55.71 $55.71
1 x tire Heidenau K66 80/90-14 46P TL reinforced HDS40230 0.00% $88.57 $88.57
Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Tawpie said:

For US buyers wanting a K66, racingplanetusa.com has both the 80/90 and 80/80 in stock. Not inexpensive (89USD for the 80/90, 56USD for the 80/80) but only 10USD shipping (from EU warehouse, 6-10 days). They do tend to blow through their stock quickly!

Product Product-No. sales tax Unit price Total price
pixel_black.gif
1 x tire Heidenau K66 80/80-14 M/C 43J TL reinforced HDS35022 0.00% $55.71 $55.71
1 x tire Heidenau K66 80/90-14 46P TL reinforced HDS40230 0.00% $88.57 $88.57

Just a heads up. I got my 80/90 from them recently. It took about six weeks to get it. 

It took 2 weeks from when I ordered to when it left the European warehouse. About 12 days to get to Florida. Then it took 2 weeks to get from Florida to Colorado. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SanDiegoGuy said:

Which tire is best for the S22 in terms of 50% off road and 50 street?

DISCLAIMER: I rode a RevRides demo wheel for about 5 minutes on the stock tire, it seemed ok enough at the time but I didn't try much because it wasn't mine and it was brand spanking new. I wasn't going to be the one to break the front handle. Consequently I have no extensive ride time on the S22 because... mine isn't here yet.

My going in plan was to try the stock tire first, then I started hearing that it didn't want to turn much and that the Pirelli Angel made a huge difference. Still, I was going to wait.

In the meantime, I've been riding my S18 on its TR1 more, and have never been pleased with how the TR1 doesn't like to turn on pavement. It's great off road because I use a lot of yaw, but doing a 180 was terrifying and I'd rather dismount than attempt it especially in a narrow spot. I tried pumping the TR1 up more so it had a more pointy profile and it helped TONS, I was quite surprised. And pleased.

And that brought me back to wondering if the flatter profile of the stock S22 tire was going to do the same thing as the relatively flat TR1 did on my S18. Since the K66 is so difficult to obtain here in the colonies, I decided to just order it. If I love the stock tire, I can certainly sell the K66 for what I paid (I hope). But I'm really really hoping it'll work the same magic as the Pirelli did for the folks down under.

Edited by Tawpie
  • Upvote 1

I have a Pirelli Angel from my S18 and a new K66. So far I’ve been ok with the stock tire but I’m sure I’ll try the k66 soon as it looks like a great compromise between the Angel and the stock tire. I like the stock tire better than my TR1 on the S18 but everyone likes different tires so your opinion may be totally different.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, SanDiegoGuy said:

Which tire is best for the S22 in terms of 50% off road and 50 street?

The Shinko 241 and 244 are nice ones that are easy to get in the US. I wanted to put them on the S18 but the clearance wasn't there for it, so I put the Pirelli Angel on the S18 instead. The Angel is great on the street, but does like to slide out a bit on dirt. The stock tire on the S22 isn't very fun on the street so hopefully the 241 will be a good compromise, looks similar to the TR1, 244 more similar to the stock tire.

Edited by chanman

Got my Grizzlas, mounting plates, and a K66 on the way.   Just need my S22...  :(    I put the TR1 on my S18 yesterday and in the short time I rode it I found it to be super maneuverable under full pressure.  

• Like 3

Just a couple of notes for those that are relatively new to this...

A bit over 2 years ago KS took action to prevent wheels intended for the China-only market from being exported by unauthorized sellers. These wheels have a 'P' in their serial numbers, and if you have a wheel with that P it is geo-locked to China. You could get it whitelisted by showing purchase and export paperwork. This was done to protect their global dealer network.

The ability to get a wheel for 1600USD is a new one. The group buy I'm aware of discounted the price by about 500USD.

S20/22 runs at 126V not GW's 134V, but I get the gist of the message.

I only heard of 1 pre-production wheel that went up in flames... one drowned, one ended up unusable for a bunch of reasons but as far as I know the rest are still operational. I've only heard of 1 actual fire.

I can certainly understand the author's alarm, but more information is needed!

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I hope it is not entirely true, as it feels like an attack on KingSong. But if it is true and S22 does have problems with the board, I wish well to KingSong in sorting this out without sinking. 

10 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

Just a couple of notes for those that are relatively new to this...

A bit over 2 years ago KS took action to prevent wheels intended for the China-only market from being exported by unauthorized sellers. These wheels have a 'P' in their serial numbers, and if you have a wheel with that P it is geo-locked to China. You could get it whitelisted by showing purchase and export paperwork. This was done to protect their global dealer network.

The ability to get a wheel for 1600USD is a new one. The group buy I'm aware of discounted the price by about 500USD.

S20/22 runs at 126V not GW's 134V, but I get the gist of the message.

I only heard of 1 pre-production wheel that went up in flames... one drowned, one ended up unusable for a bunch of reasons but as far as I know the rest are still operational. I've only heard of 1 actual fire.

I can certainly understand the author's alarm, but more information is needed!

Does the first MOSFETS they used on the S20 tell you something?

But, yeah, we need more info.

Edited by Paul g

I was attending a group ride this weekend with riders on the new batch BlowSongs, arrived last week. I witnessed wheels die one by one, untill other riders realized they should just stop riding their s20 (so called s22) to avoid injuries.

Died one by one" on a group ride (and insinuating failed mosfets). Farfetched and unsubstantiated. No details. Pure FUD vibe. Slander based on copy cat symptoms of the V12 driver board, but the accuser lacks technical background to pull it off.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

We need the name of each rider that had the cutouts and the dates of the cutouts described by the author of the post. It can’t be anonymous. With the risk KingSong refuses to replace their board.

• Like 2

I find it hard to believe that every new S22 is cutting out or having their control boards fry without the owners posting here or on one of the Facebook groups.  We saw what happened when there was one S20 fire.

• Upvote 2