Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)

Mango

32 minutes ago, OliG said:

I updated the S22 (OG) a few minutes ago to 2.37 firmware. From version 2.36.

I did it too.

I used the exact preparations as I did when I updated the firmware from V2.35 to V2.36.

My wheel was fully charged and sitting on its parking stand. Then I turned it on. My almost full charged, One-Plus 7-T smartphone was sitting right next to it. And my wifi router was close by. Furthermore, there was no bluetooth devices close by.

The update from V2.36 to V2.37 went without a hitch as in all the other previous times.

When the countdown came down to zero, it immediately pop up a "successful" message, and then its shuts off. So it is a good idea to be monitoring when it gets down to about 90% so you can verify for yourself that the update completed normally.

It took between 10 to 15 minutes in my estimation in my case.

As the change-log states, it updated charging management optimization, and the lighting related function.

For myself, I did not noticed any perceivable changes moving from V2.36 to V2.37.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, techyiam said:

I did it too.

I used the exact preparations as I did when I updated the firmware from V2.35 to V2.36.

My wheel was fully charged and sitting on its parking stand. Then I turned it on. My almost full charged, One-Plus 7-T smartphone was sitting right next to it. And my wifi router was close by. Furthermore, there was no bluetooth devices close by.

The update from V2.36 to V2.37 went without a hitch as in all the other previous times.

When the countdown came down to zero, it immediately pop up a "successful" message, and then its shuts off. So it is a good idea to be monitoring when it gets down to about 90% so you can verify for yourself that the update completed normally.

It took between 10 to 15 minutes in my estimation in my case.

As the change-log states, it updated charging management optimization, and the lighting related function.

For myself, I did not noticed any perceivable changes moving from V2.36 to V2.37.

I did too the same preparation process as usual (jus.t my wheel was not charged at 100% but 80% after my daily ride). All app were killed on my iPhone, just the KS app running , close to WiFi router etc…

It could be different issue in my case : Bluetooth interference, issue with Bluetooth on the wheel (I use that wheel carefully without crazy jump and never had crash but after 2 years and vibrations you never know)  

Next time I will charge at 100% before update, restart the phone before starting the update and do that during week-end when I have more time in case of problem.

In case it happens to someone in my case I never quit the app and let the update try again until it finally went to 100%  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, OliG said:

Next time I will charge at 100% before update, restart the phone before starting the update and do that during week-end when I have more time in case of problem.

That's a good idea. I always turn on my phone just before I do an update too.

5 hours ago, OliG said:

In case it happens to someone in my case I never quit the app and let the update try again until it finally went to 100%  

Good to know.

The reason I used a One-Plus phone is because Denis Hagov said that he had problems with updating firmware on his S22/Pro's in the past, especially with the BMS firmware, until he discovered that with his son's One-Plus Android phone, all the updates go well.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

After nearly 8,000km on my S22 (Not Pro) I'm still loving it. But.... the shock has hard a difficult life. I spend most of my time off road. No massive jumps like 'The Big Boys' (Shibby and the crew)

So. I thought I'd service the shock as I do with my mountain bike (that I just don't ride any more!)

That's when I discovered it was the same price to replace as it was to service.

If you are thinking about servicing/replacing the shock do it. My wheel is now a lot smoother on the rough Nelson tracks.  I should have done it earlier :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/14/2024 at 8:18 AM, Julian-NZ said:

After nearly 8,000km on my S22 (Not Pro) I'm still loving it. But.... the shock has hard a difficult life. I spend most of my time off road. No massive jumps like 'The Big Boys' (Shibby and the crew)

So. I thought I'd service the shock as I do with my mountain bike (that I just don't ride any more!)

If you are thinking about servicing/replacing the shock do it. My wheel is now a lot smoother on the rough Nelson tracks.  I should have done it earlier :D

I broke my bearings when I sheared some of the rear armature bolts. When I came to fix it, I realised how cheap I could get a complete new set of arms, bearings and the newer bolts.

I do want to replace my 1st gen cnc bearing sliders with a newer one.... at some point

On 6/14/2024 at 2:18 AM, Julian-NZ said:

What shock did you go with?

On 6/17/2024 at 7:36 AM, Mac said:

What shock did you go with?

I probably should have looked at other options but I was quite pleased with the stock one, especially for the price.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000480232772.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.5.2ab818021urKts 

One thing that I didn't think about was the weight of the spring.  It came with a 550lb spring.
Now I have three springs to choose from.  The stock 750 (that I've gone back to), a 650 and now the 550.

On 6/17/2024 at 2:54 AM, PourUC said:

I do want to replace my 1st gen cnc bearing sliders with a newer one.... at some point

Go for it. I replaced the CNC sliders not long ago. Mine were ones that I designed and then had a friend make.
I was glad to have more bearings (less force on individual bearings) but couldn't tell the difference when riding it.

But..... It's good to have new components. For some reason I do feel a bit 'safer' (you should see how I ride/fall!)

Anyone got a chance to try out and compare the 50S S22 Pro? Any impressions? I'm guessing all the same since no controller tweaks.

7 hours ago, TomRedsterRed said:

Hello everyone! 
What lubricant should be used for suspension rollers? What do you usually using?

Rollers don't use any lubricant.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rawnei said:

Rollers don't use any lubricant.

I agree that you shouldn't need lubricant on the rollers since you'd probably be replacing them from the outside nylon/plastic roller wearing out first before the metal bearings in them do.  But if you wanted to lubricate the bearings in each roller wheel I guess you could use something like this - https://a.co/d/01D2DNRF  I think that may be overkill and not sure you really need it though.

On my S22 with Hou Ningning roller sliders, I dab a drop or two of PB Blaster on each of the bearings, and I paint a thin film of dry graphite lubricant on the surfaces of the channels that make contact with the rollers.

I notice a difference between before and after application of the graphite lube. It was smoother with lube.

Edited by techyiam

I just checked the rollers on my S22 (non pro) and find that I need to replace 13 (yes.... thirteen!) of them.

Where do people usually get them from?

I can't use the rollers I used for my own design, they have a 6mm ID not the 5mm ID of the 'official' Kingsong version.

6 hours ago, Julian-NZ said:

I just checked the rollers on my S22 (non pro) and find that I need to replace 13 (yes.... thirteen!) of them.

I can't use the rollers I used for my own design, they have a 6mm ID not the 5mm ID of the 'official' Kingsong version.

Unclear what rollers you actually have but check aliexpress should be able to find them there for cheap, worst case scenario through reseller.

21 hours ago, Julian-NZ said:

I recently bought these. The blue Pa66a is stronger than the white and cheaper ones 

https://a.aliexpress.com/_EjxsHP1

15 hours ago, Rawnei said:

Unclear what rollers you actually have but check aliexpress should be able to find them there for cheap, worst case scenario through reseller.

My rollers are 6X24X7 - I needed 5X24X7
Some good ideas. The reseller doesn't have any at the moment.
I finally managed to find some on Ebay but they will take ages to arrive. https://www.ebay.com/itm/143059926149?var=442023665845
@fbhb came up with some good ideas. One of which was using these stainless tubes in the jewellery section of AliExpress https://vi.aliexpress.com/item/4000425098004.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.298.3a1118023q8Hyo&gatewayAdapt=glo2vnm 

I'm going to see if I can make something whilst waiting for my rollers to arrive from China.  I want to ride NOW!! :thumbup:

Thanks for the help/ideas  :D

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ffontana said:

I recently bought these. The blue Pa66a is stronger than the white and cheaper ones 

A great idea. I had to get the white ones as I couldn't find them in the blue/harder material in 5x24x7

Thanks for the tip :D

On 6/25/2024 at 8:45 AM, Julian-NZ said:

@fbhb came up with some good ideas. One of which was using these stainless tubes in the jewellery section of AliExpress https://vi.aliexpress.com/item/4000425098004.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.298.3a1118023q8Hyo&gatewayAdapt=glo2vnm 

Some further info explaining what @Julian-NZ was referring to in his post above:

Roller sleeve2

20 pack of Stainless-steel tubes, which are a nice snug press fit into 6x24x27mm rollers [Make sure to order the: "6x5mm hole 4.8mm" option]

Roller sleeve

Sleeve pressed in flush to the inner race on this side

Roller sleeve1

Sleeve stops a little short on the opposite side by possibly 1mm, maybe less but not enough to cause concern

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 1

On 6/22/2024 at 3:31 AM, TomRedsterRed said:

Hello everyone! 
What lubricant should be used for suspension rollers? What do you usually using?

Dry lube WD-40 makes a great dry lube. 

9 hours ago, Mac said:

Dry lube WD-40 makes a great dry lube. 

Those are 2 different products. "dry lube" refers to a silicone based coating which is good for applications like this because dust and dirt won't stick to it. Wd40 is an "oil" based lubricant that dust and dirt stick quite well to so not the greatest for a suspension roller applications.

Posted (edited)

WD40 do make a dry ptfe based lubricant, this is what was being referred to in the previous posts:  https://www.wd40.com/products/dry-lube/

Edited by fbhb
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TomRedsterRed said:

Hello everyone! 
Does anyone knows what bearings should be in the suspension arms?
Or where can I see specification for this?
My bearings are totally destroyed
Image of place for bearings: https://ibb.co/Jyfwwkh
Thank you in advance :D

6800 VRS MAX Bearings 10*19*5mm.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nice, I bought good bearings like that. as
I know that between them should be some washer, am I right?
I didn't find any washer 19mm in diameter when I took this thing apart and it's suspicious. I can't believe there's a bearing inner diameter washer in there. 

Someone know what washer should be between bearings?
I didn't find anything about that ((