I know how my son felt before he died

Rehab1

• Rehab1 changed the title to I know how my son felt before he died
2 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Empathy and compassion are unfortunately very lacking in today's US medicine, but the tone of your post here proves you do possess both

👍

Don't beat yourself up too much.  Think of yourself as a 12oz bottle of your favorite beverage.  A 12oz bottle can hold enough liquid to quench your thirst.  And you are obviously good at what you do.
But a 12oz bottle cannot hold the contents of a 2L bottle or a gallon jug.  We can only do so much with what we have.

May God bless you in your struggles.

• Like 3

Grieve for the child, and do grieve for the father as well. It's all that can be done this time. Perhaps next time things can be different, but now, it's important to share the loss as fellow human beings. I'm very sorry this happened. Know that I grieve for you as well.

• Like 2

Your post @Rehab1 both make me sad and happy, for many different reasons but in the end I have twisted this round to a positive.

I hope this doesn't get too long, let me explain. 

It is a sad situation both for the infant the dad and the family. Like many said already grief do not always find the right target nor bei g expressed on a good way. To most cases I have come across often the reciever at the wrong time and place end up with a very unfair outburst. 

I can't say what happened from your pist here. But in the long or short time I have been part of this community and forum, you stand out to me like a person that do both the right thing and to ones best ability in any given situation. Please let this sink in Dan. It is not something I can say about all persons I know. 

So sad situation but also that it takes you back to a hard time in your life you have shared a little of earlier. 

So how can tjis be a good thing? I mean really? 

I am sooo happy with the encouragement others wrote to you here. And that instead of you sitting for yourself with this you chose us the community to share this. And people stepped up to try to comfort you. It just shows to me despite EYCs links us together the community is a "bit" more that this. It is about friends too. And I cannot push that warm feel away from some of all the sad times you have shated with us tjis time and previous occasions. 

I do hope you see where I am coming from. And I wish I could give you a huge pad on the shoulder, instead I have to settle with this virtual one. :cheers:

I do hope ot helps you at least a little bit. 

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 3

Thanks for everyone’s support. Sorry for my bummer story after my few drinks.

Well my practice did get dinged on Google but after reading the dad’s other nasty reviews I felt better. The guy hates Menards because they made him wear a mask? He hates his local florist because the computers were down when he attempted to order flowers for his wife. He hates Ohio because everyone is unorganized. 

I spoke to his son’s pediatrician this morning only to find out that he had fired their previous doctor. Why are some people so mean? 

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

I spoke to his son’s pediatrician this morning only to find out that he had fired their previous doctor. Why are some people so mean? 

Some peoole are just getting all the world against them. 

Now I am not religious at all. But someone started to talk about karma and it juat seem to get back to you good or bad. I never really understood this but it doesn't change good deeds tend to pay back. 

Unfortunately most people in the western world seems to have forgotten a well known US president speach. It is not what your country can do for you, it is what you can do for your country. I think this is wise words. But I would probably change country to others. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

The guy hates Menards because they made him wear a mask? He hates his local florist because the computers were down when he attempted to order flowers for his wife. He hates Ohio because everyone is unorganized…Why are some people so mean? 

He's reflecting his experience of the world he also creates, angry orange and yellow. 

Which is why men like you are so important.

You change those colors — not for him, but for others tuned to a broader spectrum.

Thank you for your courage in sharing this.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Forget this idiot

Thanks. I’m trying.  Unfortunately there is no method I’m aware of to purge his disparaging comments from Google reviews. A group of people could literally destroy a company’s reputation by posting numerous false claims. 

2 hours ago, Unventor said:

Some peoole are just getting all the world against them. 

Considering the worldly scheme of things my situation is a microcosm....but it still stings.

21 minutes ago, Yellowjacket said:

Which is why men like you are so important.

Thank you kindly!

• Like 1

Just now, Rehab1 said:

Unfortunately there is no method I’m aware of to purge his disparaging comments from Google reviews

Isn't there a "report" button somewhere on the review? "Making false claims" might have a good chance of getting it removed. Or you might be able to reply to the review that he is a serial complainer (with the examples you have given).

4 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Isn't there a "report" button somewhere on the review? "Making false claims" might have a good chance of getting it removed. Or you might be able to reply to the review that he is a serial complainer (with the examples you have given).

I did apply the report button but from what I hear it remains a long difficult process to purge a comment.

I did reply but unfortunately in a pacifist manner. I’ve been taught to take this route to avoid lawsuits. 

No need to be nice.

"This guys behavior goes beyond what can be explained by just being worried about his kid in the moment. He's just a serial complainer, see ..."

Same just in better English, more acommodating so everyone sees you are trying your best to be nice, expanded.

In the end, the question is what reply would be best considering what other people (= future patients) reading your reply would think. What reply would reassure them about you after reading the review?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Just explain the situation (short but precisely) and that you don't see how his comment is justified.

I agree but currently my blood is boiling just thinking about this guy. I’ve never met him- only his wife and son. He stayed out in his car while I spent 1 1/2 hours treating his son. 

7 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

I agree but currently my blood is boiling just thinking about this guy. I’ve never met him- only his wife and son. He stayed out in his car while I spent 1 1/2 hours treating his son. 

Just ignore him and move on. Same advice given when people tire of hearing me bitch. Just ignore the dumbass and move on....

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Just ignore him and move on. Same advice given when people tire of hearing me bitch. Just ignore the dumbass and move on....

:) Never! 

58 minutes ago, litewave said:

:efef8189d7:love and peace, rehab.

Thanks buddy!

Well after speaking with many associates I decided to set the record straight. FYI....Paragraphs were used during this diatribe.:). I feel much better now. 

50983037877_ec85dd6bef_b.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

My God I was depressed when I started this post a few days ago. Sorry everyone. 

No apologies needed. You are human, right? Hell, your depressed sounds like my rainbows and sugarplumb moods.

• Like 2