I know how my son felt before he died

Rehab1

I work in health care as well, I work with data and only see the cold numbers behind these episodes and rarely do I hear of the human side.   Healthcare needs more docs like you that truly care.  Hats off to you!

From the perspective of the dad, he is going through the grieving process.   Perhaps he will see one day he is banging on the guy that did give a damn and apologize.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/24/2021 at 10:55 PM, Rehab1 said:

I know know how my my son felt before he died... helpless. So many uncertainties in life and uncontrollable endings .

I am totally bummed today after attempting to help an infant only to be accused by the dad that I refused to see the child for a followup a few days later. I have never been this low. 

These are extreme and very difficult times and the majority of the people we know have never experienced true hardship throughout their lives. And many aren't making sense of their liver right now. @Rehab1, just remember what the French writer/philosopher Jean-Paul Sartre once wrote:" One doesn't hate another because he's bad. One need to hate and therefore conceives the badness of another to justify and point his hatred".

We are living through the biggest and global social earthquake of the History of Mankind and many, many...are losing their perspective, values and patient.

@Rehab1 just be resilient and all will blow away, just as we will too, one day.

Take care and big hug from Portugal.... we Portuguese like hugging, for it cures many of our souls.