Fire History

Asphalt

1 minute ago, Asphalt said:

Thanks I saw it but I thought it was unusual that they didn’t show the euc. 
IMG_6574.thumb.jpeg.639bd875018c1dcf881c84c012f6042e.jpeg

• Like 1

I’m not adding this fire to the list because it was a custom battery pack, without BMS, that was damaged in a crash.

Posting it here to demonstrate another potential cause of fire.

As a result of this fire, event organizers are considering banning EUCs from next year’s event.

https://youtu.be/cS8jD05_t04

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Asphalt said:

I’m not adding this fire to the list because it was a custom battery pack, without BMS, that was damaged in a crash.

As a result of this fire, event organizers are considering banning EUCs from next year’s event.

https://youtu.be/cS8jD05_t04

whoever chose to bring the homemade battery pack should be patted on the back; Good job!

not.:(

44 minutes ago, Asphalt said:

custom battery pack, without BMS, that was damaged in a crash.

Further discussion here: https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/33212-equipment-rules-for-euc-racing/

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, UncleY6ep said:

https://t.me/mono_man/16126

https://v1.ru/text/incidents/2023/06/30/72451817/

Another EUC is on fire. Russia, Volgograd.
There is no Information about the model of unicycle and battery

I used a online translator as I was curious what the message was.

In the Voroshilovsky district, a unicycle exploded on Kim Street. According to eyewitnesses, it stood near the entrance, the owner was nearby, but he was not injured. “There was a spontaneous combustion of the battery, apparently,” eyewitnesses said. The fragments scattered all over the yard.

3 hours ago, Planemo said:

Pretty confident it's not a GW/Begode given the pedals and whats left of the top end of the wheel. Other than that, I'm lost! I am sure someone will recognise those pedals though.

The pedals looks "Inmotion like" in shape - but it is not possible to see if it is only the inside of the pedal that you now see because the outermost layer has melted away?  The wheel top looks flat - wires in front - V12??  But then again, the pedal size (if standard) looks bigger than the rim <=> can not be a v12 .... guess guess..

25 minutes ago, UncleY6ep said:

Most likely this is Nikola with an additional custom battery. 
Pedals - custom made by @no_nick_names (telegram). He made them on Gotway too.

then the flat upperpart is a custom seat

10 hours ago, Robse said:

The pedals looks "Inmotion like" in shape - but it is not possible to see if it is only the inside of the pedal that you now see because the outermost layer has melted away?  The wheel top looks flat - wires in front - V12??  But then again, the pedal size (if standard) looks bigger than the rim <=> can not be a v12 .... guess guess..

I have a V12.

(1) The pedal doesn't resemble the stock pedals that came with my V12.

(2) Actually, there aren't that many wires coming from the front on my V12.

(3) The V12 has a large aluminum heatsink on top of the tire. We don't see the heatsink nor do we see a puddle of molten aluminum. 

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, alcatraz said:

A 16in wheel with cells arranged in a long rows, 2 cells wide.

Nikola? 

Yeah actually I think you're right, I was looking at it wrong. I assumed that what was left of the top of the wheel was indeed the top, but it's not, it's one side.

So the battery layout could mean either MSX or Nikola, but then it looks like a fat axle, plus of course the confusing pedals.

Oh, and there doesn't seem to be enough gap between the motor and the rim for MSX spokes...which is making me think Nikola....

51 minutes ago, Planemo said:

Yeah actually I think you're right, I was looking at it wrong. I assumed that what was left of the top of the wheel was indeed the top, but it's not, it's one side.

So the battery layout could mean either MSX or Nikola, but then it looks like a fat axle, plus of course the confusing pedals.

Oh, and there doesn't seem to be enough gap between the motor and the rim for MSX spokes...which is making me think Nikola....

The pedals are after market.  Russian manufacturer ircc.  

Edited by Rollin-on-1

• 3 weeks later...

Gotway RS 19 v1, batch 1

Thank Europe for stone/cinder block houses! It must be so brutal for your entire house to burn because of drywall /wooden construction, as seen many times in this thread. 

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1