Fantomas - The Tony Hawk of EUC's (Footage is UNREAL)

eucVibes

Seriously!  I didn't even know half of these tricks were possible!!
He probably rides with high psi like 35-40 I would guess to deter rim damage,
And in one  of his videos he explains that he did a mod to the wheel to take out all the extra and make it lighter. 
He also has a nice fiberglass cover that keeps some parts of the Begode protected well

• Like 1

impressive tricks but the desire for ever more daring-do will likely lead to much woe (broken teeth, broken bones,etc.). i am thinking that someone who is filming and seeking views for such things is maybe riding for reasons beyond the simple pleasure. guy is free to do as he pleases and he is very skilled for sure.  dunno - i hv very conflicted feelings about this kind of look-what-i-can-doism... do we really need more of this in a culture that is already oozing egocentrism? maybe im out to lunch?

Edited by amelanso

Oh he will end up hurting bad for sure, but the world will always have people like this - the Evel Knievels etc. so it really doesn't bother me, and I would be wasting my life thinking about it if I did. You get the same types in all sports/hobbies. It's the way it is.

I think it’s great to watch pro's take it to the next level, a level I will never get to, but great for them. Snow boarding, skiing, skateboarding, motocross, skydiving, gymnasts, etc all have people pushing the envelope in ways average people never thought of, doesn’t mean it’s for the average to do, just watch and enjoy. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/25/2020 at 1:44 AM, Bumblebees said:

I'd love a wheel made strictly for tricks, high jumps, and such.  It would likely have to be durable enough to withstand the abuse from crazy aerial acrobatics.  MSP maybe.

Yeah me too!  Fantomas has a modded MSP, he took alot of internals out to make it lighter I don't even think he has a headlight lol

On 12/16/2020 at 5:00 PM, amelanso said:

impressive tricks but the desire for ever more daring-do will likely lead to much woe (broken teeth, broken bones,etc.). i am thinking that someone who is filming and seeking views for such things is maybe riding for reasons beyond the simple pleasure. guy is free to do as he pleases and he is very skilled for sure.  dunno - i hv very conflicted feelings about this kind of look-what-i-can-doism... do we really need more of this in a culture that is already oozing egocentrism? maybe im out to lunch?

If you check out Fantomas's youtube channel all his videos show his fails, so he's not really showing off or sugar coating anything.  He'll have like 2 successful attempts and 20 fails in his videos, that's what inspired me to make a compilation of all his wins

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/16/2020 at 2:00 PM, amelanso said:

Oh my god, celebrate his amazing skill and the dedication it took to develop it!

• Like 1

I think all euc riders knowingly or unknowingly specialize in certain riding styles over the years. Personally i only really do top speed road riding among cars and that specialty has proven important for my day to day usage and i have saved myself many times with the skill i have acquired. Stairs, tricks or off-roading has no meaning to me but i appreciate the importance this has to other riders and by no means look down on those types of preferences and i occasionally use aspects of these types of riding in my day to day.

People have described my type of riding as boring or unskilled as to the untrained eye i just accelerate to top speed and drive in a straight line for kilometers on end, i take no offence. To me my type of riding is the most life threatening of them all where skill and experience is a matter of life and death. Something as simple as turning my head (helmet) to orientate at top speed can create such a powerful and immediate unbalance because of the winds that skill is paramount, knowing how to fall, analyze the road for potholes, orientate, signal and position myself on the road are skills that i accumulate over years and thousands of kilometers and all that is keeping me safe while i ride like i do.

• 2 years later...