Official IM hex pedals and side pads.

Unventor

I thought you have to check/inflate the air in the damper regularly?

The way you mounted the Power-Pads you had to tear them off and glue them back on every time to check the air, or did you just glue them on the top of the saddle?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, buell47 said:

I thought you have to check/inflate the air in the damper regularly?

The way you mounted the Power-Pads you had to tear them off and glue them back on every time to check the air, or did you just glue them on the top of the saddle?

Nope I can acces screws both top and buttom without any issues in case I hace to remove the saddle parts. This is not necessary to checks air chambers. Loosen top screws is enough to flex the saddleparts to access top valves. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Chaotropic said:

The instruction document shows the location of the power pads lower than it appears that you have them. Am I mistaken? 

Is the backside of the pad rigid?

I look at the instructions yesterday. But looking at the double sided tape it made more sense to place them higher to it fitted on the saddel part shape. 

As I treat my wheels as EUC and trying to make them skateboards I went for a spot that let me move feet a bit and fold the pedals up fully. 

I guess you can place the a tiny bit higher or lower to your style of liking. 

There is no rigid part on the sidepads. I could see a redesigned saddel part that could improve this. That said it didn't give and issues while I were riding this evening. 

Any other questions, just keep them coming. 😁

33 minutes ago, stephen said:

Do the pedals have any incline on them or are they the same as the  original 

The pedals themselves are dead flat. But if I understand you correctly, the hex pedals looked a little more angled compared the standard pedals. 

I don't like GW msx angled pedals. But these feel really great. And I think it is a benafit the slightly bigger angle. Now I didn't measure the angle or take picture with both different type mounted. So there is a chance it is an optical illusion due to the hex design a total flat design top and buttom side. Standard pedals have a slight curve to the buttom side. 

I hope this answered your question. Otherwise let me know. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, clementine418 said:

Where did you purchase these?

That is one of a few questions I will have to pass. I will answer it a bit different that might help you. 

However I understand the supply is limited for now. I have idea of why but that is just my guess. 

1st batch is always something that generate feedback. Inmotion have shown that they listen to feedback and use this for iteration for next batch. 

So where do you get a set? My tip is request this from your local authorised Inmotion reseller. As supply increase and resellers get a demand they should appear near you too. 

I took my day off to test ride these things more and give more feedback to Inmotion. 

I tended to ride flat shoes before. Now I can use shoes/boots with a slight curve to the sole as the pathern locks into the "spikes". This is a major improvement for me as I otherwise get tired feet and knees. 

On other wheels I tend to ride a bit tip toed. Now I can ride feet flat planted for 2 reasons the suspension and the side pads.

That is why I think it is a 3 item combination., V11 side pads and hex pedals. 

So back to you question. I am pretty sure when resellers have hex pedals available it will be spread fast and sold out too fast. 

10 minutes ago, gon2fast said:

Do you know what the price for each item will be (like the pedals and watch, don't like pads on my wheels though)?

Well the price of the watch is set to be/expected in the 100$ area. But I don't have the watch are it is only select YouTubers that test these for Inmotion for now. I am not famous enough to make the list. 

Price for seat, sidepads and hex pedals is set by the reseller in the end. I expect these to be reasonable priced. 

I have paid for my items but I got lucky. So once you see these at your local reseller I can't say what demand vs supply makes price settle on. 

I am sorry I can't be more specific that this. 

BTW I am not keen on sidepads myself. But the combination makes this right. But I were happy with my V11 without sidepads. 

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Unventor said:

The pedals themselves are dead flat. But if I understand you correctly, the hex pedals looked a little more angled compared the standard pedals. 

I don't like GW msx angled pedals. But these feel really great. And I think it is a benafit the slightly bigger angle. Now I didn't measure the angle or take picture with both different type mounted. So there is a chance it is an optical illusion due to the hex design a total flat design top and buttom side. Standard pedals have a slight curve to the buttom side. 

I hope this answered your question. Otherwise let me know. 

I'd appreciate it if you can do pictures of the pedals so we can try see the pedal angle  or measure it with a sprit level app please Mr👍😊

@Inmotion Global do you have any info

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stephen said:

I'd appreciate it if you can do pictures of the pedals so we can try see the pedal angle  or measure it with a sprit level app please Mr👍😊

@Inmotion Global do you have any info

I have seen your question and will update this answer later today. 

40 minutes ago, Kekafuch said:

Are the Inmotion pedals backwards compatible? Are V11 pedals swappable with V8 and V10?

No they are not. But Inmotion said today their are looking at how make these fit V8f and V10 series too. 

7 hours ago, Bill Kolk said:

What is the weight of the hex pedals compared to the stock ones?

They seem similar maybe a litte heavier for the Hex pedals. But I didn't test it on the scale. 

I find them easier to deploy. 

So I took a test ride today. I had another V11 with normal padels joining me. 

So we went on a near 50isk km ride. It was cold today. Between 5 to 0C. A few places in the shadow had frozen patches on the asphalt. I have done this ride before once on my KS16X. 

I can say that I am Very glad I were on my V11 with the new pedals and pads. If I didn't have these mods on I would have crashed. It is a prime example of what happens when you let your guard down. 

We were on an empty bike lane. We cross an intersection and continue talk about what route to take when we both realize the bike lane end very suddenly. Unfortunately I don't have a picture of the site, but it was like a 15 maybe 20cm curb drop. My fellow rider managed to brake harder I though I could grap my wheel due to my side pads. But I have not played around with this before and when I realised this wouldn't work it was too late for me to braks so my balance going of the curb were like _/ so my feet slipped forward like 5cm since they lost contact with pedals due to the drop. It was only stopped my legs help in place by the side pads and then locking into the spikes on the pedals. 

The bottom like of the incident is we both managed to ride this of. Mainly due the suspension but in my case also added by the mods. We both agreed later over a cup of coffee that on any of out previous wheel we would have bailed or crashed. 

Some pictures from the ride today. Check out this Flicker album. 

https://www.flickr.com/gp/188042150@N03/pUGd53

Due to today's incident I would highly recommend both pedals and sidepads. But I also would raise a highlight. Consider how much you ask of your wheel especially in the cold weather. I am very positive surprised how the V11 help up. As we were riding fast on some section on the countryside road as it is 60 or 80 kmh limit and bike traffic isn't split from the car lane. 

But it was one of those rides that goes down in my book as today I learned something new again and yes another fantastic adventure experience. Recharging my human battery in a tiresome load of work. Time to charge the wheel once again. Sweet to have dual charge option. 

3 hours ago, Unventor said:

I took a messure tape to give you an idea. From floor to underside near attachment is 20cm.

Underside on the outside to floor is 23cm and the pedal is 13 cm wide flat on the pedal. 

This is with the wheel level

Pedal angle

This is with wheel resting on it stand. 

Pedal anglePedal angle

I hope this gives you an idea of the angle @stephen

Thanks very much for taking the time to do that👍looks like they're is a slight angle I prefer it like that ,, looks like I'll after order some,, thx

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Unventor said:

No they are not. But Inmotion said today their are looking at how make these fit V8f and V10 series too. 

Wow good thing I asked before ordering. They seem so similar so I am surprised they are not backwards compatible. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kekafuch said:

Wow good thing I asked before ordering. They seem so similar so I am surprised they are not backwards compatible. 

It never hurt to ask. 

I don't recall the looks of older IM wheels. But I think it comes down to 2 things. How the pedal angle is controlled and that the pedal rod isn't round on the V11. I sted of being  O it is D shaped. And I think the torsion scored is a little different. This is what controls how easy the flip up and down and how tight they are hold in place. 

• Like 1

I hade another brief test ride. It might sound like much but with the winds we have in my area and riding on wet leafs in the dark while having 10kg of shopping on your back take a bit of trust. 

The point of the evenings test was to see how different shoes would work for me. 

I have been using Vans mostly due to them being flat and have a pattern of the soles that with grittape pedals is great. But these are flexible and the shoe frame gives little support. This result in me getting tired feet fast. 

The shoes I used this evening are Salomon trail running/trekking shoe. These have a slight bend so not flat as the Vans. The soles are hard and the shoe frame gives much more support. My feet do not get tired as fast but on grittape pedals they give me too little traction for me to trust them riding an EUC especially a heavy EUC as V11. But they worked like a charm with the new hex pedal. 

Now I am considering to get these as a winter boot that have support up over the ankle. 

You can see the Vans and Salomon side by side here. 

(photo without using flash) 

These pedals allow use of different shoes.

(photo with flash active) 

These pedals allow use of different shoes.

This is another big benafit for me as I can now enjoy longer rides. Maybe not as long as @mrelwood (just yet) but still an improvement for me. So all in all I am very happy with the new hex pedals.

My gratitude got out too to the Russian designer of this idea and making a deal with Inmotion to make this happen. I think this is great for all both the designer, manufactor, reseller and end customers. 

They might not appeal to all. But I really like them. They feels a bit harder than normal pedals, but due to V11s suspension it is not big enough to be a disadvantage. I think this is due to a more rigid material/frame. 

@BigSkyGlide this was the thread I wrote about.

Now someone asked me what the width is with pads on the V11. I couldn't get an exact measurements but it is about 26cm. 

I found 1 downside with the sidepads. The V11 is not as comfortable to carry as without the sidepads. This is due to becoming wider and how the pad fit my legs in carry "mode". 

That said the hex pedals add a huge plus for me when lifting the V11. Like when lifting it to a table or could be a car trunk. As the hex structure make a great place to grab the wheel if you are to lift it high and place it on the side. I never really found a good natural lifting point on the V11 before that. 

I am goi g to play with placing the side pads a bit different. And for this I will use double sided carpet tape. I shall make some pictures to show how I do this. 

Now I don't have the 3d printed flypads so I can only compare these to what I think how they work. I think they have benafit and cons too. Now I like to have some free movement that is why I don't think the "slippery" IM pad surface as a problem. I do think you need to think how you would get free from the wheel in case you need to bail it for some reason.

Being too logged into the wheel could be dangerous imo. That is why I chose IM sidepads over flypads. 

More to come in a few days. I might decide I need a break and do a test ride with side pads placed lower. 

What hex pedals are you referring to? Is that the honeycomb pedals that eWheels is offering? If so, I was wondering about how well those work too. I agree on not being too locked into the wheel, that's for sure, especially if you need to get off of it quick for some reason. I'm just glad the FlyPads weren't that expensive. Thanks for your input and feedback on all of this, it is much appreciated!  :)