Official IM hex pedals and side pads.

Unventor

Just now, BigSkyGlide said:

What hex pedals are you referring to? Is that the honeycomb pedals that eWheels is offering? If so, I was wondering about how well those work too. I agree on not being too locked into the wheel, that's for sure, especially if you need to get off of it quick for some reason. I'm just glad the FlyPads weren't that expensive. Thanks for your input and feedback on all of this, it is much appreciated!  :)

Inmotion made a deal with the Russian inventor of hex the pedals. This means Inmotion make their version of the design. You see picture of the in this thread. 

New Inmotion stuff and test rides.IMG_20201117_133835_864

1 hour ago, BigSkyGlide said:

How do you like those Inmotion honeycomb pedals over the stock pedals? Are they worth spending the money?

Read from the start of the thread. This is answered already. 

7 hours ago, Fntmsgotwaymten3 said:

Interesting feedback on the hex pedals, I think I will wait for those from hulaj market (the nylonove ones, which I have for my mten3) because they are much lighter, being made of ...nylon!

So what would lighter pedals mean? I can say the Inmotion hex pedals feels very ridgid and don't seem to flex (that can be both good and back). But since the V11 already have suspension I consider this to pro rather than con. 

23 hours ago, Unventor said:

So what would lighter pedals mean? I can say the Inmotion hex pedals feels very ridgid and don't seem to flex (that can be both good and back). But since the V11 already have suspension I consider this to pro rather than con. 

Weight reduction of a couple hundred grams is always a plus but not much relative to total riding weight, true. But it makes hauling the wheel just a bit easier (more so for the mten3 relatively speaking) and also nylon pedals hurt less than metal when they hit you or someone else...

They do feel 'flex' and all but abolish foot tiredness when I ride the mten3 but that remains to be seen with a heavy wheel like the v11.

Edited by Fntmsgotwaymten3
Weight reduction, can't be 1kg...

1 hour ago, Fntmsgotwaymten3 said:

Weight reduction of a couple hundred grams is always a plus but not much relative to total riding weight, true. But it makes hauling the wheel just a bit easier (more so for the mten3 relatively speaking) and also nylon pedals hurt less than metal when they hit you or someone else...

They do feel 'flex' and all but abolish foot tiredness when I ride the mten3 but that remains to be seen with a heavy wheel like the v11.

I doubt you go down curbs with the mten3. I don't do it often on my V11 but it happens. 

Now I do think it is great to have diversity to pick from. But I like my IM hex pedals a lot and more and more I use them. This is something I would like on my other wheels too. But since I ride my V11 99.9% of the time I don't think an investment to other wheels is justified for me. 

The only real down side is the Inmotion pads make carrying the V11 a little harder. The pads are wide enough to make a difference in this matter. 

But I tend to use my lower stair section in my building as often as I can to train/adapt myself to this. (free work out I guess). 

• 3 weeks later...