S18XL - custom version with 20s4p 2170 battery setup

Lukasz

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2020 at 1:21 AM, Beachboy said:

Hope you can make the battery kind of modular tho..but dont mind me, just wishful thinking..😅

That's what I was thinking... IMO, it'd be much easier and safer (depending how you look at it), to just toss these two extra batteries in your backpack/waistpack and run a cord down to the XT60/XT90 (not sure which the S18 uses) to parallel them in... Just like a lot of Oneheelers do to extend their range.

How much do the two extra battery packs cost? Ewheels doesn't have them on the website and I don't see them listed on any other sites online (have't checked Ali yet, though).

Edited by therealhershey
  • Like 1

On 11/19/2020 at 11:15 PM, Lukasz said:

Final touch - nylon fiber reinforced pedals with openers for S18 are finally ready. I can call it now a finished project ;-)   

Those pedals should be standard on S18 - especially for those who want to use it offroad!

If somebody is interested please email me at a64(at)interia.pl

ready2.jpg

pedals with openers S18.jpg

size comparison.jpg

Hi Lukasz, I have just sent you an email. Thanks.

On 11/22/2020 at 8:05 PM, Purplecycle said:

Hi Lukasz, I have just sent you an email. Thanks.

I am not sure if You had send the email here in the group - I had my mailbox full  on the group.

Please send me an email to a64(at)interia.pl

1 hour ago, Lukasz said:

I am not sure if You had send the email here in the group - I had my mailbox full  on the group.

Please send me an email to a64(at)interia.pl

Hello, I sent you an email to that address a few days ago as well, just checking you got it. Regards!

On 11/20/2020 at 5:15 AM, Lukasz said:

Final touch - nylon fiber reinforced pedals with openers for S18 are finally ready. I can call it now a finished project ;-)   

Those pedals should be standard on S18 - especially for those who want to use it offroad!

If somebody is interested please email me at a64(at)interia.pl

ready2.jpg

pedals with openers S18.jpg

size comparison.jpg

Hey man, these pedals really nice..if I may ask how much the price before I shoot email to you..thanks anyway

On 11/29/2020 at 4:50 AM, Beachboy said:

Hey man, these pedals really nice..if I may ask how much the price before I shoot email to you..thanks anyway

This forum is not directly related to sales activities, so please be so kind and send me an email to a64(at)interia.pl

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

hi, I also modded my s18 to 4p setup, two extra custom 10s batteries were added inside the plastic frame, some mods to make it wider, first test today and results were as expected, it is now a 50km wheel before even getting to speed limit area, 4p is a must I think,  hope kingsong releases the s18xl soon. 

IMG-20210616-145815910.jpg

Edited by enaon
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, enaon said:

130 for the bateries (nkon.nl) , 40 for the two bms and some more for cables etc. I do no have good pictures because I was constantly changing my plans trying to find a good  way to fit them in, by the time I settled most of the pictures I had taken were irellevant and the lab was a mess. 

I will mod one more soon, and I will make a photostory out of it. 

How are your added batteries connected and protected against puncture / mechanical damage? Do You think that this mod will survive wheel crash?  is the wheel charging well, and balancing all the cells well? What is the end charging current for Your wheel now? 

3 hours ago, Lukasz said:

How are your added batteries connected and protected against puncture / mechanical damage? Do You think that this mod will survive wheel crash?  is the wheel charging well, and balancing all the cells well? What is the end charging current for Your wheel now? 

the battery voltage remained the same, 84.24 after some ousr on the green light. I am using two of those. (20amp/comon port) 

I believe it will rurvive, I have acounted for deformation, as long as it is not a crash that would break the shell. I will post some pictures and you will understand, the cells are enclosed in aluminium sheets and I have added some lifeguard foam in the impact points.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/17/2021 at 12:53 PM, enaon said:

Hello all, 

I am using FOX DPX2 for more than 2 months now. this is GREAT shock. I have mounted it using spacers from the standard shock, on the other side - to compensate 12 to 12.7 difference i have quick-mounted it using 3 turns of the PEPSI can alu sheet.

682571628_S18XLwithFOXDPX2.thumb.jpg.ccd10d5d51ec065ca23785b3b5cf261b.jpg

Edited by Lukasz

I never have considered KS S18 due to its limited range. Love the design and suspension. But now, Lukasz has changed my mind with his battery upgrade. Lukasz, I don't know if any of these scenarios is possible to share your technical expertise with us: 1) Sell a DIY upgrade kit to the rest of us. 2) Import KS S18 into your home country, then upgrade them there and sell abroad. 3) Show your upgrade to KingSong and see if a collaboration with KingSong to sell an upgraded KS S18XL. I wish everyone can win in this situation - happy sellers and happy riders! Looking forward to a KS S18XL!

Edited by Scubadragonsan

On 7/8/2021 at 5:19 PM, Scubadragonsan said:

share your technical expertise with us: 1) Sell a DIY upgrade kit to the rest of us. 2) Import KS S18 into your home country, then upgrade them there and sell abroad. 3) Show your upgrade to KingSong and see if a collaboration with KingSong to sell an upgraded KS S18XL. I wish everyone can win in this situation - happy sellers and happy riders! Looking forward to a KS S18XL!

1- not possible due to the several hours of manual work with the wheel to fit/mount the additional batteries. 

2-highly complicated to import due to the restrictions with Li-Ion cells shipment, and this work is not profitable enough (vs my daily job) 

3-I did that, I am in contact with KS - but till now there is no clear answer if they will follow with XL version (at least I did not get any feedback from KS that they will create XL soon)

4- there is working solution - get the set of rear batteries and follow with the upgrade locally. Write to me on the email shown on the pictures or in my YT and I will send You basic documentation with a lot of pictures from the build process, I can also print for You the battery covers as I have just completed new large / fast 3d printer capable of printing bigger parts.  It takes around 30-50 hours to make this mod - if You have basic technical skills this work can be done in one week during the (long) evenings. 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

does anybody see this custom-made S18XL from here ?
https://iwheel.se/products/kingsong-s18

" The top speed is about 50 kmh and the estimated range for standard battery packs of 1110Wh is about 40 km. You can add 330Wh extra battery when ordering. The S18XL iWheel battery has a total of 1440Wh, the range will be about 60km.
:"

Edited by Meserias
more details