KingSong with even bigger battery's...possible ?

Meserias

Well... KS16x has sometihng like 23kg? Its heavy as hell, but it is still possible to move it upstairs and downstairs to 2nd floor everyday... my own experience... so i wonder... would 30kg wheel change my mind to say enough is enough?

The thing is, since I own the wheel (just few months), i used my wheel from 100% to 30% only once... but i do play one summer trip for 150-200km

Edited by Ddolik

Ddolik: I'm living in building with elevator at level 9...
luckily for me, mine it's working around 360 days in an year .....theoretically for many of us situation it's almost the same :)

But, apart of my daily very light commute, I like to go far outside the city in sub-mountain areas cruising down in our villages where the time is passing very slowly :)

from time to time I grab my wheel an just go ....
now I'm looking forward for a KingSong replacement of my wife V10F wheel

indeed meepmeepmayer there is no free space available in KS16X indeed (i know) but inside 18XL situation could be different in my opinion.
that's why I still imagine a KingSong response to all these big boys from Gotway

Also, InMotion say nothing as you can see about their next wheel...

Edited by Meserias
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Meserias said:

inside 18XL the station could be different in my opinion.
that's why I still imagine a KingSong response to all these big boys from Gotway

KS does have a large advantage in range though, since it lets the battery go down to 60V. 84V Gotways stop at 66V. That’s why the range on a 1850Wh Gotway is comparable to the 1550Wh 18XL.

Other than the Monster, aren’t the larger than 1850Wh Gotways custom offerings from individual distributors? Built by Gotway, but still custom. I think Gotway is the one that’s been trying to catch up on the 18XL range.

27 minutes ago, Meserias said:

Also, InMotion say nothing as you can see about their next wheel...

It actually bothers me a bit! Inmotion has yet to offer anything above 1000Wh, and I see battery size as the #1 aspect Inmotion could screw up on the V15.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ddolik said:

Well... KS16x has sometihng like 23kg? Its heavy as hell, but it is still possible to move it upstairs and downstairs to 2nd floor everyday... my own experience... so i wonder... would 30kg wheel change my mind to say enough is enough?

I think that weight isn't that important as handle type and ergonomics. Taking Nikola up the stairs is much more problematic for me than the KS-18XL with a similar weight.

• Like 1

I've vowed that I won't run my KS16X into the bottom half of its battery again. At least on firmware 1.07. It's a sad thing to go from comfortably cruising to constant tilt back/beeping/"Please decelerate"ing. So yes, it may have a range of 80-100km (if you don't mind limping home with your wheel whinging like a tired toddler) but maximum performance range is more like 30km.

It's a pity, as I had plans on always charging to 80% to preserve battery life. Now it is a full 100% charge every night. As my poor grandmother who passed at 98 last week knew only too well. The first 50 years is a blast. It's the last 50 years that is a drag...

"Everyone" here clearly prefers the 18XL to the 18L. I wonder how the comparative sales numbers are in non-enthusiast circles. More 18Ls than 18XLs? The other way around? I can see a lot of people (who don't know better, I did not either at the beginning) see the 18L price and specs to be high enough already and skip the 18XL.