Kingsong 16X update to 1.05

skautas2003

10 hours ago, skautas2003 said:

question is it posible to update to 1.05 not to 1.06 from 1.01

Unfortunately it is not.

If you had the 1.05 firmware file, a rooted android phone, and a huge amount of patience and skill, it might be possible. But I haven't heard of anyone grabbing the 16X firmware files after downloading.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, CampDylan said:

Mine arrived today with the 1.05 fw.  What’s the current consensus on version preference?  I know a lot of riders flipped out with the voltage throttling in 1.06 so I’m wondering if I should stick with 1.05 for awhile?  

It may depend on yr body weight if under 70 kgs maybe the 1.05 is ok, that's why I'm still on it 

• Like 1

Hello all, newbie here, I received my first wheel today and noticed that my 16x is on version 1.05, I weigh 97 kgs, should I leave it or update to the 1.06?  It feels a little wobbly going downhill but I just learned to ride it today so this might be normal, I didn't know if the newer version might help, otherwise, fun fun but I'm ready for higher speeds unlocked.

Issue with 1.06 is when battery is 50% and going fast. You wont hit that for a bit so I think 1.06 is good for you to install. Benefits outweigh negative in your case. That and 1.07 is due any day now which addresses that limiting issue. 

• 1 month later...

Just want to add few words to this topic:

My experience ~200 km with 1.06 and ~500 km with 1.07 firmware and few days ago i downgraded to 1.05 firmware.

And WOW with 1.07 it was amazing wheel but with 1.05 this wheel is rocket!!

I feel huge difference in acceleration/deceleration and if you have version 1.05 think twice before upgrading to 1.07 you will loose part of KS16X soul.

If anyone knows any safety issues with 1.05 please  write here. Everyone should have that in mind and make their informed decisions.

P.S. Oh jee feel like newborn :)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Tinkererboi said:

Wow! How do you downgrade, could you share the method? Would love to have my wheel less limited by firmware, especially since i'm only 55kg.

I'm happy with 1.0.7. 

Since today the speed limit is displayed correctly in the Android App (beta for Samsung devices) I am surprised that I was allowed to drive 44 kmh with 23% battery. At almost 41kmh there was neither a warning nor a tilt back. 

Screenshot-20191104-160647-Kingsong.jpg

The speed limit is also variable and takes factors such as rider weight, uphill, headwind, etc. into account.

You are 24 kg lighter, you should also be happy with 1.0.7. 

Edited by buell47

1 hour ago, buell47 said:

I'm happy with 1.0.7. 

Since today the speed limit is displayed correctly in the Android App (beta for Samsung devices) I am surprised that I was allowed to drive 44 kmh with 23% battery. At almost 41kmh there was neither a warning nor a tilt back. 

The speed limit is also variable and takes factors such as rider weight, uphill, headwind, etc. into account.

Wow, that sounds great!  Do you happen to have a copy of the apk that I could try?

Someone reported that moving from 1.05 to 1.07 solved a "growling" response when using the trolley handle to quickly roll the wheel back and forth.  To me, that indicated torque had been reduced.  That post convinced me to stay on 1.05 firmware.  I like the MTen3 growl, and I like my 16X growl.  Which also means I'm stuck with v1.4 control board.