Utah - SLC area

Meenam

I've done it on motorcycles many times very beautiful. Anymore I much prefer off road riding than deal with the cars.  It's a blast and I feel I've gained more control of the EUC every trip.  With modern EUC with 3 inch wide tires changes everything.  The control you have makes it viable vehicle to get to where you want to go with maximum fun...

On 9/27/2019 at 6:16 PM, Mark Lee said:

I've done it on motorcycles many times very beautiful. Anymore I much prefer off road riding than deal with the cars.  It's a blast and I feel I've gained more control of the EUC every trip.  With modern EUC with 3 inch wide tires changes everything.  The control you have makes it viable vehicle to get to where you want to go with maximum fun...

The cars are the part that worries me. We’ve driven the route a few times over the years and with how narrow those roads are and how much traffic there is this time of year, I’m pretty nervous about tackling it on the 16x.

• Like 1

Just now, sparetire55 said:

The cars are the part that worries me. We’ve driven the route a few times over the years and with how narrow those roads are and how much traffic there is this time of year, I’m pretty nervous about tackling it on the 16x.

We're blessed with unlimited trails here in Utah.  Fastest way to get comfortable and relax while you ride is to ride on irregular surfaces.  Best part is one can have great fun going 15 mph max speed.  It's you againt the trail.  Look into Kuji Pad and secure your ankle.  

1.  Pad keeps your feet on the padels when you hit the washboards on the trails.

2.  When riding on the trail one needs to minimize leaning and still be able to leverage the pedals.  That's where Kuji pad shines.... Practice it's whole new way to ride.  It's very doable.

• Like 1

It's too bad there are limited videos from @mrelwood but if you have chance to see him ride.  He is Natural in his form minimum leaning always on top of the wheel.  That's what you want...

Edited by Mark Lee
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Mark Lee said:

It's too bad there are limited videos from @mrelwood but if you have chance to see him ride.  He is Natural in his form minimum leaning always on top of the wheel.  That's what you want...

I’m very surprised that you mentioned me! Indeed, videos about me riding are extremely limited. One local guy shoots every now and then, but rarely publishes them.

I would like really like to make a video though, to show the extreme off-road conditions we love to ride. Maybe one day!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

I’m very surprised that you mentioned me! Indeed, videos about me riding are extremely limited. One local guy shoots every now and then, but rarely publishes them.

I would like really like to make a video though, to show the extreme off-road conditions we love to ride. Maybe one day!

I look forward to your videos.  As long as I'm able there is a wheel and trail with your name on it here in Utah.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, following up Marty's 7 days tour of SoCal.  I am floating an idea to come up with group rides here in Utah.  By utilizing UTA we have an access to the whole valley. I've got Northern Utah covered. Any suggestions around SL and Utah County would be welcomed.  On the Frontrunner we can even charge as we ride... 

The biggest problem in LA as everyone knows it's the traffic Unreal. If we can come up with courses starting from transit stations we can have visitors from out of town fly in they won't even need a car, provided someone here donate a wheel. 

2 minutes ago, Cory Brown said:

Depending on when this is, I may try to make it out for this.

I'm sure it's a bit too far away to be convenient, but doing some trail riding in Moab would be awesome!

I'm thinking around June. Funny you mentioned Moab I was talking to Marty about riding the Slick rock trail on MCM5. I've done it on Mt bike many times. 

Whole idea is to provide interesting places to ride for some one like yourself who can visit with their wheels here and hope contact one of the locals to go ride make new friends. GREAT fun. 

One of the main reasons I opted for the MCM5 was to do some climbing in Moab. It's such a beautiful place. I keep envisioning a moment of earning the respect of some 4 wheelers by taking on some of the classic Jeep trails with the EUC.

• Like 1

If you want to get out there... We have ATV/UTV Mecca here in Utah Pieute trails that connects small towns to replenish. Probably not there yet with current EUC's. 😢

Edited by Mark Lee

Here are some I'm considering. 

1.  Antolope Island 

2.  Skyline Dr. Via Farmington Canyon 

3.  Salt Lake City tour via Capital, City creek canyon, UofU trails to Red Bute canyon. 

4.  Emigration canyon to East canyon. 

5.  Snow Basin, Pineview to Causy Dam. 

6.  Extreme off road Killian's canyon top of Mt. Dell. 

Anyway if anyone wants to explore with me on any of these rides to collect data let me know. 

• Like 1