Utah - SLC area

Meenam

12 hours ago, JustChris said:

I'd be so interested in any of these as group rides. I hope we can make it happen.

If you think about it we have so much to offer utilizing Trax and Frontrunner.  Meet ups at transit stations. Especially for @Marty Backe and @Dave U would love to show them how the West was won.  Golden spike museum near where they tested the booster rockets for the Space shuttle. Of course just a little bang bang action. :D

• Like 2

On 12/7/2019 at 10:32 AM, Mark Lee said:

If you think about it we have so much to offer utilizing Trax and Frontrunner.  Meet ups at transit stations.

Agreed! With a UTA FarePay card, and an EUC, there are miles and miles of riding opportunities. I love taking my wheel on Trax. I've actually never ridden FrontRunner, but I'm sure it's even better. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, I am working on getting some guests from out of town to visit our wonderful State and ride with us. As of now we're working on June 20.  Guests will include LA Crew, Frank F from Seattle and Ray from WV, so far.  I'm also in communication with NYC guests time pending.  Looking forward to fantastic riding year.  Hope you'll join us... 

Edited by Mark Lee
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Mark Lee said:

Hi guys, I am working on getting some guests from out of town to visit our wonderful State and ride with us. As of now we're working on June 20.  Guests will include LA Crew, Frank F from Seattle and Ray from WV, so far.  I'm also in communication with NYC guests time pending.  Looking forward to fantastic riding year.  Hope you'll join us... 

Adding:

@1Wheeler @3euc 

@Alsayyad @Ando Melkonyan @Austin 

@Ben Richards @BlackOutEX @Blueman 

@captainwells @Chairman S  @Coastal Rider

@Dave Frear @Dave U @downtown @Dzlchef 

@enigma35

@Ferreal @Flyboy10 @Flying W @Freewheeler

@Gizmo Dork  @Ghost

@HeavyGoing @Heyzeus

@IRK 

@Jambo @John Wood @Jon Sawa @Josh Morgan @JomMas @Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer"

@Kens @Kimosabi @kingkong18XL @Klin  @Kyle K

@M22 @maltocs @mango_fpv @Marty Backe @Marvin Ong @Mike Hanna @MikeV @Mushuukyou

@n2eus @NBC44  @ndmcc @Nick McCutcheon @NightRider @noisycarlos

@Peter Q 

@Rama Douglas @roghaj

@serfy @Shawn Johnson @Sketch @Stan Onymous @Sven @swvision

@Tanabe @TedTheAtheist @Terenig @tihoa @Tjtripp  @TomM 

@Unosolo @unowheel @UpDownGo

@Questor

@who_the @Williepimpin 

@Yellowman @Yunicyle @YoshiSkySun

@zentype 

Anyone else, please feel free to add additional riders? 

All riders are welcome.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Nick McCutcheon said:

If I might ask, where did you get it? Looks a lot like the monster I recently sold to another forum member 😅 

Las Vegas Han Vo... 900 miles on it. 

36 minutes ago, Nick McCutcheon said:

Lol yep, it's my old monster 😂 I guess it's not a wheel for everyone.

Cool Nick, apparently too slow for Han he's replacing it with MSXPro. It's plenty fast for me, the range is what I'm after. Will you be joining us on June?  Looks like Marty will be coming. 😁

3 hours ago, JustChris said:

Mark, what is the top speed and range of your new wheel?

Honestly I have no idea on the top speed around 30 mph just guessing.  Range will depend on speed and rider weight. I'm guessing little under 100 miles. 😉 

Han Vo weighs 200 lbs went 30 miles with 78 % left average speed of 19 mph. 

No I'm not doing range test on the Monster now. 🤣

According to the Ewheels 33 mph top speed 96 miles range at 20 mph. Seems reasonable. 

Edited by Mark Lee

13 hours ago, Mark Lee said:

@Nick McCutcheon where did you find the over-sized pedals?  For this Monster?  I love it would like to fit one on the MSX.  Thanks man. 

They were custom made by me, but the process it pretty simple albeit time consuming. If you want detailed instructions, pm me and we can work together to make a new set for MSX :)

• Like 1

I highly recommend doing the Alpine Loop as one of your rides. It's absolutely gorgeous! The whole loop is only 42 miles. You can start anywhere on the John Murdock Canal trail. https://goo.gl/maps/4T69LxCatoTEQJzJ8

I realized after posting this that there is a 1 mile section that rides along the 189 and might spook some newer riders but there is a generous shoulder. Cross the highway at vivian park and take a scenic ride down the Provo River Bikeway. You'll see 4 waterfalls, ski resorts, at least 4 rivers, and beautiful aspen groves. I wish I could join you guys. Be sure to document the rides so I can ride them when I get the chance.

Edited by Flyboy10
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Mike Petrogeorge said:

My life is always booked way in advance. If you can keep that Saturday June 20th date for a group ride, I should be able to join you. However, I do need to know what you go floating in your head for this ride, and will a KS16s can go the distance? Thanks.

Majority of the riders coming from across the country are bringing 1600 Wh min. Wheels. All the rides will require 1600 Wh wheel. 

• 3 months later...

I don't know if others are still looking towards the June 20th meet-up, but I will have to back out after a recent fall and concussion. I was wearing a helmet, but the impact was still substantial. 

(Doc says I need to stay off the wheel for a month, and my partner says I need to stay off it forever.)

Best wishes to all, if the meetup proceeds.