Utah - SLC area

Meenam

Hey Paul, glad to see you found the site.  Let me know if you want to go cruise sometime.  It will be interesting to not be riding solo.   Sent a text to the number on the card you gave me...not sure if it was a cell or landline now that I'm thinking about it. :lol: Hopefully the former.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I wonder if this Utah group is still active? I live in both California and Utah. I have been riding a Kingsong 16s for a while in California. Next week, I am expecting a KingSong to arrive in SLC and that will be my Utah wheel. So, I am reaching out to see if any EUC group exits in the Salt Lake Valley?

• Like 2

Wow where you guys been.  If you guys want to join me on Skyline drive via Farmington canyon.   10 miles to crest 3000 ft clime takes around an hour.  Great trail part of scenic backway suppose to connect from Canada to Mexico.

Resized_20190904_102108.jpeg

Resized_20190904_102104.jpeg

Resized_20190904_100054.jpeg

Edited by Mark Lee
  • Like 1

Another great ride all pavement is at Snow basin resort.   The old road is closed for traffic.  Status of Utah group consists of myself, Gustesta and leukysparky.  We just call each other for rides.

Resized_20190827_134512.jpeg

Edited by Mark Lee
Added pictures
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Meenam said:

I am also an active Utah rider (S.Jordan area).  I really need to upgrade my wheel though.  That being said, if I know there is going to be a meetup, I'm game.

PM me... I will give you my contact #

I happen to have a lots of time to ride these days.  Preparing for the LA EUC games.  If any of you want to go ride I'm also game.  I do hold an inventory of wheels for some of you to try before purchasing. 

• Like 2

Okay Sunday 22nd meet up at Snow basin resort 10 am...  looking forward to meeting everyone.  If you want to try one of my wheels let me know. 

Edited by Mark Lee
  • Like 1

The ride you have set for this September 22 sounds like fine, but I will be in CA that day. My new wheel will not arrive in Utah until the 24th... So, I have to sit this one out. But if anybody is interested in quick weekday rides in the downtown area, or the JR parkway, I am so there. SLC has a great biking infrastructure and I would like to take advantage of that other than just going to work. Unfortunately, daylight savings time change is happening soon. Got to get some gear to ride in the dark.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mike Petrogeorge said:

The ride you have set for this September 22 sounds like fine, but I will be in CA that day. My new wheel will not arrive in Utah until the 24th... So, I have to sit this one out. But if anybody is interested in quick weekday rides in the downtown area, or the JR parkway, I am so there. SLC has a great biking infrastructure and I would like to take advantage of that other than just going to work. Unfortunately, daylight savings time change is happening soon. Got to get some gear to ride in the dark.

Good to hear from you, I'm free on weekdays mostly lol.  Let's go for a ride introduce ourselves.  Post here when you're back.  So do share what you getting?

I will be back in Utah on the 23rd.. but gotta work a lot that day :( I bought a kingsong 16s just like the wheel in California. It arrives on Tuesday. After work, I will unbox it, calibrate, and get it on the road. I have a feeling its gonna be locked until I get 100 miles or so on it. I will ask Jason at e-wheels.com to see if there is a way around that. Then, if all goes well, on Wednesday I will take it to work. I would be willing for a small ride, meet and greet on Wednesday if your up for that. If I can't get around the lock, it will be a slow ride :)I am not sure how to contact you without posting my contact info here. Thats probably not a wise thing to do lol.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Mike Petrogeorge said:

I will be back in Utah on the 23rd.. but gotta work a lot that day :( I bought a kingsong 16s just like the wheel in California. It arrives on Tuesday. After work, I will unbox it, calibrate, and get it on the road. I have a feeling its gonna be locked until I get 100 miles or so on it. I will ask Jason at e-wheels.com to see if there is a way around that. Then, if all goes well, on Wednesday I will take it to work. I would be willing for a small ride, meet and greet on Wednesday if your up for that. If I can't get around the lock, it will be a slow ride :)I am not sure how to contact you without posting my contact info here. Thats probably not a wise thing to do lol.

Nice KS16S is a great wheel.  I'll send you PM... As far as any questions on KS16S could be answered by @mrelwood he is by far the leading expert in KS16S and GW MSX.

Edited by Mark Lee
  • Like 1

For those of you live in or near Utah county.  @Gustesta lives there with tons of EUC technical knowledge you should take advantage of.  His out of town at the moment but he enjoys EUC clinic to solve problems.   Just can't get him to go on long rides, hopefully things will change with his second 16X. :facepalm:  Long story lol.:whistling:

Edited by Mark Lee
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Mike Petrogeorge said:

According to iPhone, it looks like the weather is gonna be kinda crappy Friday-Monday. Hope that does not ruin your ride.

It was sunny and beautiful got it on the GoPro.  Still don't know how to edit ect... Froze my ass off 52 F, time to break out the leathers.  Snow on the peaks hopping for big snow year this year.   Season pass this year for the Snowbasin.

• Like 1