Nikola or Nikola Plus?

1 hour ago, maltocs said:

unless i'm reading it wrong, according to the post, the top mount is the newer one. I didn't know anything about a top mount version at all. 

Nooo,, I'm sure the top mount voltage dial was pre-production ,then they changed it to side voltage only when production started

• Like 1

2 hours ago, maltocs said:

Why didn't they put this in the plus????!!??

And why they put it in the wrong direction? 😉

I would rather be able to read the voltage the right way around while driving. 

3 hours ago, buell47 said:

Because their name is Gotway!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, buell47 said:

Because they know that the geek in us would read it while riding and make us a safety hazard so they put it on the side instead. :clap3:

Now here we are riding with our phones in our hands instead analysing stats.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
On 6/13/2019 at 2:19 PM, buell47 said:

All right, I've read that here several times. Is only the maximum speed throttled, or also the power/torque before the maximum throttled speed is reached?
So acceleration and torque should be similar for the Nikola and 16X, right?

I think I am out of the age that I need high speeds. I can see that from my driving style in the car or motorcycle. I also drive sports cars on business all the time and just sneak around with them. :lol:

Due to the great laws here in Germany  regarding EUC, I am also not on the appropriate roads on the way, where I could master even only approximately 50 kph safely. :D

If you don't care about speed then I see no advantage in a Gotway wheel for you over a Kingsong. Should your need for speed increase at some point in the future you will want a Gotway wheel, because it's your only choice for more speed than a Kingsong wheel offers. 

Edited by Lutalo
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Lutalo said:

Should your need for speed increase at some point in the future.... 

Yes, because I'm living in Germany, the need for speed was now unexpectedly there several times, because now I use public roads from time to time and also drive across the city, instead of just driving through the woods. Despite the greatest caution I could not avoid meeting the police, and it would have been more comfortable for me to reach the highest possible speed if I had needed it. :ph34r:

Still the 16X was enough, but you don't know if it always does. :efefc8626c:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, buell47 said:

Yes, because I'm living in Germany, the need for speed was now unexpectedly there several times, because now I use public roads from time to time and also drive across the city, instead of just driving through the woods. Despite the greatest caution I could not avoid meeting the police, and it would have been more comfortable for me to reach the highest possible speed if I had needed it. :ph34r:

Still the 16X was enough, but you don't know if it always does. :efefc8626c:

I can’t say that I have “needed” to go over the 31 my 18XL allows; but, I have certainly “wanted” to on many occasions; a kinky new lust that must be sated. 😂😂😂😂

• Like 2