Gotway Nikola 84v/2100wh

Alright it's official that Gotway screws over all Nikola's early buyers...

What are they thinking? Do they think that early buyer that bought less powerful / less battery version will buy the 100v version or this again in less than 2 weeks?

I don't support this kind of behavior :eff0541f4a:

Imagine the rub..

Edited by Kens

34 minutes ago, Kens said:

Alright it's official that Gotway screws over all Nikola's early buyers...

What are they thinking? Do they think that early buyer that bought less powerful / less battery version will buy the 100v version or this again in less than 2 weeks?

I don't support this kind of behavior :eff0541f4a:

Imagine the rub..

First off, as a buyer you always have a chioce....to buy, not to buy or to wait a bit....

Second, compatition might force a manufactor to put out an early version to disrupt sales for a differecnt manufactor, or to address their product with better spec version.

Like many pointed out see the space in the Nikola, it was what some forseed would happen.

Now I am getting a KS16X, and I am sure we will see minor itterations of that too as production batches move forward. But I choose still to be first out. My freedom of choice.

Will there be a better wheel...sure, but right now I am happy with KS16X specs.

And look at your statement @Kens it would mean a static market if this was not happening. I doubt anyone would benafit from this. I am fairly sure each model had different prices too. Which will change as first demarnd is covered.  

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Unventor said:

First off, as a buyer you always have a chioce....to buy, not to buy or to wait a bit....

Second, compatition might force a manufactor to put out an early version to disrupt sales for a differecnt manufactor, or to address their product with better spec version.

Like many pointed out see the space in the Nikola, it was what some forseed would happen.

Now I am getting a KS16X, and I am sure we will see minor itterations of that too as production batches move forward. But I choose still to be first out. My freedom of choice.

Will there be a better wheel...sure, but right now I am happy with KS16X specs.

And look at your statement @Kens it would mean a static market if this was not happening. I doubt anyone would benafit from this. I am fairly sure each model had different prices too. Which will change as first demarnd is covered.  

you could always add more batteries to your nikola.. plenty of room xD the vehicle is identical in every way to the original release besides a different battery type being used

1 hour ago, photorph said:

When will these be at ewheels?  I want to buy a NIkola Plus in the US.  

Probably better to contact @Jason McNeilor use contact details at his shop. 

I've been wanting to buy a new wheel for years now, but everytime I'm about to buy a wheel I then hear a rumour about a much better wheel, and so I put off buying a new wheel.

Those rumours are true, and this is a good problem to have, because just a bit more money yields a much better wheel.

Gosh, with batteries getting cheaper each year and bigger batteries not weighing much more (one has the ludicrous impression that batteries take up 90% of the wheel when the reality is 25%), we might simply have four hour wheels as standard.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, LanghamP said:

I've been wanting to buy a new wheel for years now, but everytime I'm about to buy a wheel I then hear a rumour about a much better wheel, and so I put off buying a new wheel.

Those rumours are true, and this is a good problem to have, because just a bit more money yields a much better wheel.

Gosh, with batteries getting cheaper each year and bigger batteries not weighing much more (one has the ludicrous impression that batteries take up 90% of the wheel when the reality is 25%), we might simply have four hour wheels as standard.

lol same problem here

21 hours ago, Rywokast said:

you could always add more batteries to your nikola.. plenty of room xD the vehicle is identical in every way to the original release besides a different battery type being used

Yes please post the video after you build your own pack. That ish ain't easy. That's the whole point. But OK.

Batteries I could always put in myself if space is there, yes nice from factory and just ride the wheel, but...

3000w, 86km/h lift speed, these numbers just made up or genuine?  That's the real interesting part to me, if same as standard no problem, but yes I can understand the disappointment for those who bought standard Nikola and speed demons if changing specs and not just battery, that would change the wheel itself even if looking about the same and hence not just more battery which is to be expected, well ok black is also always better looking, what can I say? :lol:

Edited by Electroman

• 2 months later...