Z10 in the UK

stephen

23 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I think Ian likes to play things more conservatively, waiting a long time before deciding to sell a particular wheel.

It's also simply a money question. Costs a lot to buy stock. I emailed him once whether/when he would offer some wheel (forgot which one, I think MCM5 around MSX release time) and his uncertain reply had about that as the gist.

And that's before things like V10s on fire (without IM USA support!) or Jason's horror story about Z10 failure rates and being ignored by Ninebot, having to pay to repair brand new wheels on his own. Or just general mediocre-at-best communications and dealings with the manufacturers and their idiosyncrasies (mildly put).

Can cost a lot to stock a new, unproven wheel. That's even before his particular bad experience with NB.

Tbh I think Jason might just have a better financial buffer. Or maybe it's indeed only attitude/personality differences instead of factual differences.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nic said:

Its after 5pm now (after business hours) and I emailed Dominic for an update at 3pm today. So far I haven't had a reply ... I hope I hear something positive by close of business tomorrow ... silence is never a good sign.

Just keep emailing him at least he has acknowledged that you haven't received yours yet , has he had your money since June?

1 hour ago, stephen said:

Just keep emailing him at least he has acknowledged that you haven't received yours yet , has he had your money since June?

Yes ... makes me wonder who else is affected. I paid £1000 on pre-order for my Z10, so he probably prefers to sell at £1850 to a new customer than to full-fill the pre-orders he took. I'm not in a hurry as its winter and I have a V8, but I would like to know what is going on before I assume the worst. He had pre-orders at £1000, then later at £1450, then this week (I think) pre-order changed to order and price changed to £1850 and Z10 in stock and being sold to new customers. It doesn't look good if he is full-filling pre-orders last (if at all).

Edited by Nic

The site was £1450 untill i e-mailed asking about stock and then he said it's gone up to£1850 and changed it on the website the same day 🤔 i was going to buy until you said you've been waiting since June then offered me one in 3 days , hope you get it sorted

Screenshot_20181219_085725_com.google.android.gm.jpg

• Like 1

Thought I'd post another update...

Yesterday, I emailed Dominic (office@theninebot.co.uk) to ask him for an update on my Z10 order and I told him I needed a reply before end of business today (Friday). I have not yet received a reply from him and the only reply I ever received was when I mentioned Steven Banks. I have been emailing him all day today, probably a dozen times, and I've been very patient and polite. Still no reply.

I just sent him my final email and told him that if I didn't hear back from him, then I will suspect that FRAUD is being committed and that I will be posting all over social media and every other channel I can to warn other potential customers to stay away from this company. I will also be reporting them to Trading Standards and start looking at any legal process to try and recover my money. I am still waiting for his reply as I write this. I am not feeling too hopeful though. I will post back with an update later. I do hope I am wrong about this.:crying:

I just got a reply from Dominic (www.theninebot.co.uk), just in time before any damage is done to reputation...

Good evening Nicolas,

We are still checking but I believe you are right something happened on our end and I deeply apologize for it, the price you have purchased z10 from us was terribly wrong too as ninebot gave us different prices that they are but it's not your fault of course.

We had last ninebot z10 that has been sold for 1850 gbp few days ago and we are running that business for long time now as well so no fraud in here :) as we are supplying a lot businesses currently too, but mostly our concentration is on bigger vehicles.

We received few feedbacks from our clients that motherboard need to be replaced very often so we are waiting for ninebot to send us amended vehicles, and I promise you that you will receive z10 even that we need to add money to this transaction, so you will have the cheapest z10 in the world :)

Please let me know the account number you sender money to so I will pass that to finance department , I do apologize you had to wait such a long time ..

If I was you, I would be angry as hell, but there is a positive aspect of that , cheap price and z10 that won't have any problems with motherboard.

Have a lovely evening , and thank you for being still polite even that you should be really pissed.

Many thanks

Dominic

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I did some homework on this company and I didn't like what I saw.

That this single individual is claiming to be discussing with Finance dept is laughable.

If you google their address you see a non identifiable company premises, I believe you see a normal terraced house in London., they never pick up the phone

I may be wrong but the company seemed dissolved in the records, they never responded to my business enquiry and actually if they are legitimate, theres nothing more they are doing for you other than overcharging you when you can buy online an import directly off Aliexpress for around £ 1300

Ask for your money back, collect addresses and account numbers and names and start to put a stop to this.

Let them show you a copy of the order placed with the supplier. If they are legit it should say Shanghai Lannmarker if they are using say Alibarber to place order with the factory unless they are buying a single unit.

I called Segway-Ninebot UK and they have advised that they are gearing up (imminent) to supply EU and thus UK market with Ninebots directly supported. Was due december 2018..as yet no update regarding imminent supply.

My 2 cents

Good luck

image.png

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Nic said:

For anyone interested, this is Dominik Bednarski (theninebot.co.uk) FaceBook page...

https://www.facebook.com/dominiknht

Your weapons if this humanoid doesn't give you the satisfaction you need.

https://www.gov.uk/make-court-claim-for-money

If you make a claim, include his name and also add the company name to make sure you hold him personally & jointly accountable, that way he cant so easily claim the company has ceased to function.

Edited by RayBanMonster
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Nic said:

For anyone interested, this is Dominik Bednarski (theninebot.co.uk) FaceBook page...

https://www.facebook.com/dominiknht

I wouldn't wait any longer than you have nic have you emailed him since, his profile just looks a normal page no company involved just ask for a refund and if you don't get it file a claim, like i say he told me he had one in stock , maybe someone else could email ninebot uk also see if he offers one in stock

Edited by stephen
  • Like 1

I think one of the things that has not been mentioned here is the CE Certification. I don't believe the Z10 has yet to be certified.  That is one of the reasons Ian is also not selling them. (Or would it be legal to sell one in the UK?) - I know you can purchase through AliExpress and the people who have know the risk.

With regard to the Pre Order from Theninebot.co.uk I would be getting out of that deal as soon as possible sounds very very dodgy.

• Like 1

@Nic you've been scammed and the chances of getting your money back are slim to none.  Sorry buddy.  I too looked up the "address" a few weeks ago and got suspicious.  Plus all this talk about two others waiting to buy...really! then sell it to them.  Oh, that's right, there is no wheel and there is no "them" either. Then, this Facebook page clearly shows he's from and probably still is in Poland.  I believe you said you sent the money by bank transfer.  I belief that translates to " gone for ever" but no harm in asking your bank about it"  There may be some banking law about fraud that can overturn a bank transfer, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

As for shaming him on Facebook.  So what, his buddies are probably all scammer too, they will just get a good laugh out of it (assuming they can even read English)

Here's his Polish phone number 

+48 513 042 435

He claims to own a welness spa, but that's in Poland too

Edited by Smoother
  • Like 1

I have been emailing Dominik for an update several times now and messaged him on Facebook. He doesn't respond.

His website passed the ScamAdvisor.com website checks and has been in operation of over 3 years. https://www.scamadviser.com/is-theninebot.co.uk-a-fake-site.html

I agree with everyone here ... it does look like I've been scammed ... my bank warned me before carrying out a bank transfer that the destination account  was a personal account and not a business account. I kind of reasoned that a new business would probably have some odd things while trying to get its act together.

I emailed Dominik (he spells it Dominic on emails) to let him know that I will be reporting fraud if I don't get a suitable response from him by Friday (tomorrow). I don't think I will hear from him. I wonder who else he has taken money from. I will report back on what happens. If the worst come to the worst we can all try and prevent others from falling victim.

From his Facebook (looks like some kind of business exists)...

ninebotuk.jpg

dominik_bednarski.jpg

Edited by Nic
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Nic said:

I have been emailing Dominik for an update several times now and messaged him on Facebook. He doesn't respond.

His website passed the ScamAdvisor.com website checks and has been in operation of over 3 years. https://www.scamadviser.com/is-theninebot.co.uk-a-fake-site.html

I agree with everyone here ... it does look like I've been scammed ... my bank warned me before carrying out a bank transfer that the destination account  was a personal account and not a business account. I kind of reasoned that a new business would probably have some odd things while trying to get its act together.

I emailed Dominik (he spells it Dominic on emails) to let him know that I will be reporting fraud if I don't get a suitable response from him by Friday (tomorrow). I don't think I will hear from him. I wonder who else he has taken money from. I will report back on what happens. If the worst come to the worst we can all try and prevent others from falling victim.

Did you pay by credit card or Paypal or just bank transfer?  If its the Credit Card or Paypal you are protected.  If bank transfer I would contact your bank and see what can be done - Good Luck

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nic said:

ninebotuk.jpg

Yes photos, can be convincing, and that's what con artists want to do; convince you, you are not being conned. Lets examine this picture: less wheels than @Marty Backe or @houseofjob's living rooms and one of them seems to be a wheel chair, a couple of professional looking posters a lap top and some furniture.  Absolutely, it MUST be a business.  Or not.  It's quite possible this guy tried to set up a business, somewhere, but everything in this thread points to scam.  Do you know of a single other customer?

He also claims to own a health spa, but the web ends in .pl so it's probably in Poland.  I know it's possible to own two businesses in two different countries but it just doesn't look right from your perspective.

EDIT Hell! even I've got more wheels than that, and I'm no collector/hoarder.

Edited by Smoother
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

@Nic

That really Looks like a scam, Sorry to hear that!

Especially as there are several sellers in the EU which have the Z10 in stock since 2-3 months :-(

And that even for a good Price.

Did anyone know when Ian/Speedyfeet has his next Show? I/someone should jump in and ask him About Ninebot.uk...or even let him know About the scam behind the side, so that not more People from GB got scamed!

• Like 2

Ugh, sorry for this horror story @Nic

I find it hard to send a bank transfer to China for direct mfr buys (never have), let alone having to send one anywhere in the Western world, which I absolutely refuse to do with the prevalence of PayPal, etc.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Ugh, sorry for this horror story @Nic

I find it hard to send a bank transfer to China for direct mfr buys (never have), let alone having to send one anywhere in the Western world, which I absolutely refuse to do with the prevalence of PayPal, etc.

Good point ... Paypal would have been better if that option was available.

I just got a reply from Dominik ... I apparently didn't give him enough time to reply to my email (sent yesterday) before threatening to report fraud (ok, I got impatient) ... he says they are still waiting on Ninebot supplying Z10 with fixed motherboards because he is losing too much money on faulty Z10 that he sold to customers. I have asked him to provide a date when he expects fixed Z10 to be in stock ... I am waiting to hear from him.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Nic said:

:crying:

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Nic said:

Good point ... Paypal would have been better if that option was available.

I just got a reply from Dominik ... I apparently didn't give him enough time to reply to my email (sent yesterday) before threatening to report fraud (ok, I got impatient) ... he says they are still waiting on Ninebot supplying Z10 with fixed motherboards because he is losing too much money on faulty Z10 that he sold to customers. I have asked him to provide a date when he expects fixed Z10 to be in stock ... I am waiting to hear from him.

Nic,

Stop giving this chancer a chance.

Instruct him to send you back your money else tell him

1. You will take him to court in the UK

2. You will simultaneously raise  a court case in Poland against him and his business.

3. You'll report his scam to HMRC in the UK for online fraud

4. tell him once this happens his credit file will be risk and hell have to defend the case against you or receive a judgement restricting his credit in the EU.

Go to his website and download the Terms and conditions /privacy policy... those will dictate the terms under which you gave him the money. Chances are he has shot himself in the foot with bad policies on payment and return etc since he probably copied those from somewhere else.  look through that for holes to strengthen any pending case you may file via a small claim court (UK or Poland) to formalise the recall of your money).

June is long enough. If hes a business, you are at the front of the queue, hes had long enough. You need to get tough.

Personally I believe you have a reasonable chance in the medium term of getting some money back. The fact he is around sounds like incompetence rather than criminality per se. 

Get tough, write a final and formal demand for the immediate return of funds and direct him to make that payment to a bank account in your name.

Gicve him 1 week in the formal demand from you and make sure you send it on email or to his Facebook page so that it can be recorded and submitted when you file a claim as evidence of the demand. Sometimes people wont respect you until you get serious.

• Like 3

Don't forget my emails from dominic what i posted offering me a z10 in stock he didn't say to me he was waiting for newer z10s only reason i didn't buy one cause he insisted on bank transfer ,i dunno it just wasn't right but then again he said he couldn't sell it for 1500 as the site🙄 was  advertised it has to be 1800 I'm sure if he wanted to scam me why not just 1500 🤔 , just hope it all ends well

• Like 1

I just emailed Dominik to cancel my order and request a refund. Now I will see if his business is legit, because he should be happy to refund me given that this sale was supposedly costing him money. I will escalate on Monday if he doesn't respond by then.

The thing that made me decide to cancel is that I just checked the T&Cs on his website and the company referred to EcoRover Ltd (company director Dominik Bednarski), was forced to dissolved on 01 August 2017. https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09390793/officers

This sends my alarm bells ringing.:unsure:

Edited by Nic
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Nic said:

I just emailed Dominik to cancel my order and request a refund. Now I will see if his business is legit, because he should be happy to refund me given that this sale was supposedly costing him money. I will escalate on Monday if he doesn't respond by then.

The thing that made me decide to cancel is that I just checked the T&Cs on his website and the company referred to EcoRover Ltd (company director Dominik Bednarski), was forced to dissolved on 01 August 2017. https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09390793/officers

This sends my alarm bells ringing.:unsure:

Good.. now you have evidence hes been slinging you a false line. his company dissolved, therefore if he traded thereafter taking money via the company he did so on false pretences. Thats a criminal act. Furthermore he took your money via a private account, therefore he is personally liable and what the website alluded to was still infact false so now you have him on fraud charges because he should never take money from  any organisation and fund his personal account. BANG!

Let him know this... hes going to give you back your money. or a Tax invistigation into his affairs begins via HMRC ( UK taxation body). Either way through the company or personally what he did was illegal.  tell him youll walk away if you get your money, but if not once you start the process it cannot be undone. UK and Polish wide.

:-)

Edited by RayBanMonster
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, stephen said:

Don't forget my emails from dominic what i posted offering me a z10 in stock he didn't say to me he was waiting for newer z10s only reason i didn't buy one cause he insisted on bank transfer ,i dunno it just wasn't right but then again he said he couldn't sell it for 1500 as the site🙄 was  advertised it has to be 1800 I'm sure if he wanted to scam me why not just 1500 🤔 , just hope it all ends well

Men...what storys came to light here is unbelievable!

As said before!

The wheel is avaiable at highly reputated sellers in europe, for everyone of them i lay my hands in the fire!

• Like 1