Ninebot one Z10 braking

Roue Libre

Hi,

I have been riding several thousands of km on my wheels, Ninebot One E+ and Gotway ACMs+ 1300wh. Now I have been trying some new wheels like Z10. It's a great wheel for passing obstacles but I am quite disappointed by the braking capabilities. Do you experience the same ? I thought I might be too light. My current weight is around 67kg. Maybe the wheel does not react because I can't weight enough on the back of the pedals ? Or is it really that lazy ? Is there a software upgrade/setting that changes this behavior ? I would not feel safe if I can't brake hard. For that reason I still prefer my good old ACMs+.

In general, I find many recent wheels (MSuperX, ImontionV10, KS18L) a bit lazy to brake too. Is it me or all manufacturers forgot that short braking distance means safety ?

Cheers

Here is an example of forum member @RoberAce stopping his Z10 from maximum speed in a very, very short distance!

7 hours ago, fbhb said:

Here is an example of forum member @RoberAce stopping his Z10 from maximum speed in a very, very short distance!

I really need to practice this myself. Would this be with brake assist or without? On a feel occasions the wheel would go "soft" while braking whch feels really weird.

23 hours ago, csmyers said:

It looks like you’re comparing 16” wheels and 18” wheels. They will all be a bit slower to react because of the increased torque required at low speeds. 

I think you are right, I felt a bit better on Inmotion V10F. Maybe I should go for 14 inches wheel after all :D

14 hours ago, Girth Brooks said:

I felt that once I turned on my assisted braking for my Z10 this weekend that it improved the braking much more than I expected. Has anyone else felt it helped with their braking performance?

I do not really have a problem with the Z10 brakes myself, but I must admit, you are the first person I have heard that has made positive comments about the assisted braking feature. Due to all the negativity surrounding it's use I am yet to try it myself, but might give it ago now just to see how it feels and what difference it makes. 

On 11/6/2018 at 6:56 AM, fbhb said:

I do not really have a problem with the Z10 brakes myself, but I must admit, you are the first person I have heard that has made positive comments about the assisted braking feature. Due to all the negativity surrounding it's use I am yet to try it myself, but might give it ago now just to see how it feels and what difference it makes. 

Ok let us know :) as long as Ninebot does not improve this braking issue, I think I will stick with my current 16" wheels.

On 10/29/2018 at 8:35 AM, fbhb said:

From 40km/h to zero in 4 seconds isn't actually that great at all, less than 3m/s2. For some collection of measurements, see here:

https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/717-german-discussion-group/?page=92&tab=comments#comment-199763

On 10/28/2018 at 11:20 PM, Roue Libre said:

Hi,

I have been riding several thousands of km on my wheels, Ninebot One E+ and Gotway ACMs+ 1300wh. Now I have been trying some new wheels like Z10. It's a great wheel for passing obstacles but I am quite disappointed by the braking capabilities. Do you experience the same ? I thought I might be too light. My current weight is around 67kg. Maybe the wheel does not react because I can't weight enough on the back of the pedals ? Or is it really that lazy ? Is there a software upgrade/setting that changes this behavior ? I would not feel safe if I can't brake hard. For that reason I still prefer my good old ACMs+.

In general, I find many recent wheels (MSuperX, ImontionV10, KS18L) a bit lazy to brake too. Is it me or all manufacturers forgot that short braking distance means safety ?

Cheers

this Wheel need take 500KM to 1200Km to adapt it. i have some friends using it too. he have the same problem as you at very begaining now. after 1500km ride(All the roads) then could easily use it.   

of curse, your old wheel, V10 , acm is very easy to ride from 5OKM after.

I'm riding E+ and have ridden V8F. Trying to find my next wheel. Thinking about Z10, V10F and maybe Gotway.

If I understand correctly, Z10's braking issues are

- braking distance is too long when over 30km/h?

- have to lean backwards to an unsafe position?

- unable to hard brake?

Curious on what's the problem of the brake assistance? Doesn't work or work too well?

2 hours ago, StyleTang said:

this Wheel need take 500KM to 1200Km to adapt it. i have some friends using it too. he have the same problem as you at very begaining now. after 1500km ride(All the roads) then could easily use it.   

of curse, your old wheel, V10 , acm is very easy to ride from 5OKM after.

Yup...

After 700km Am starting to see some progresses :)

Z10 is hard to master.

13 minutes ago, Vanzen said:

Yup...

After 700km Am starting to see some progresses :)

Z10 is hard to master.

keep trying, Z10 must have much more practice with all statuation rode. up-down hill, rode,cross-country,    hopeful you can reach 1200KM very soon :)

Archived