Ninebot Z10

Ather

4 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Did anyone perform the BMS V1.1.1 updates?  The wheel went through 60 seconds of gyrations before stabilizing again. Any ideas what the update achieved? 

Yeah, did it the other night after I got home.  All it did was download the firmware and update; I turned the wheel off afterwards and rode it to work next morning.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JBoo said:

Yeah, did it the other night after I got home.  All it did was download the firmware and update; I turned the wheel off afterwards and rode it to work next morning.

Just wondering what prompted the update. I’m one that likes to understand what an engineer from another continent is doing to my wheel. We sure put our faith in these unknown individuals.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Just wondering what prompted the update. I’m one that likes to understand what an engineer from another continent is doing to my wheel. We sure put our faith in these unknown individuals.

I seem to remember someone else posting it was an improvement to the battery, specifically the wheel would be quicker to power down when not in use.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Did anyone perform the BMS V1.1.1 updates?  The wheel went through 60 seconds of gyrations before stabilizing again. Any ideas what the update achieved? 

Yes, I updated mine. Quiet and peaceful. Uneventful.

I posted this in some other thread, but here it is again (what the upgrade achieved)

Ninebot Z10 BMS Upgrade

I believe what this broken English means is that when the battery is low, the wheel automatically turns off faster.

It's a BMS firmware upgrade so it should have no affect on the wheel performance.

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Yes, I updated mine. Quiet and peaceful. Uneventful.

I posted this in some other thread, but here it is again (what the upgrade achieved)

Thanks! I missed your earlier post. Hoping to eventually see a Marty Update that increases hill descent torque.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Thanks! I missed your earlier post. Hoping to eventually see a Marty Update that increases hill descent torque.

You and me both :)

• Like 1

On 9/1/2018 at 8:07 AM, Rehab1 said:

I wonder if you wonder who put together the plane you're flying on too... lol... 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Carlo Van Hove said:

Anyone installed v 1.0.5

I did. Main change is to security. The lock on the app really does lock the wheel now. You can't push it nor switch it off while it's locked. Very useful! Previously, you could undo the lock by simply "rebooting" the wheel which made the lock kinda useless. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I did my pre order in early July and I should get one via air shipment in next batch. It is getting cold in MN and I think it will be too late for me to enjoy. I don't want to pay $2k to have it sit the whole winter. Let me know if anyone wants to buy my spot otherwise, I will request for refund. 

• 7 months later...