All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. As a guideline, pretend your EUC is a bicycle. Go where you would go with a bicycle and don't go where it would be strange to go with a bicycle (even though EUCs are smaller and allow a bit more). Maybe that helps you judge whether you were totally out of line or that were just cranky old people yelling at clouds.
  3. During this past Sunday's group ride into the mountains, about midway into the 8-mile 4500-foot climb to the top of Mount Wilson, @Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer"'s MSX died, burning up the control board. In this video you see the aftermath including additional "live" popping and smoking of the control board. Yes, Jeff did ultimately get the wheel down the mountain by himself, but I think he slept really good Sunday night
  4. Really hard to answer your questions. It's so borderline and I'm just a guy guessing. Also, 420Wh is typically a 67V battery size (despite being listed as 84V), and other sellers list it as 67V. So I would expect it to be 67V despite being listed as 84V here. Officially (best case, see pictures below courtesy of ewheels.com) the 84V MCM5 has the top speed alarms between 43kph/26.7mph (100% battery) and 34kph/21mph (10% battery, but the additional low battery beeps will already have slowed you down by then). The 67V MCM5 goes from 34kph/21mph to 27kph/16.7mph. Absolute top speeds where the beeps start. 2 questions here: How long will you be able to ride those speeds (16-18mph) before the lowering battery slows you down? Should you be going that fast with a small battery like this? 25kph/16mph would be more of a typical speed. If the boosted can keep going 16mph for all 14 miles, the 420Wh MCM5 most likely won't be able keep up and maybe not have the range (650Wh or 800Wh no problem in both respects!). But I have no idea how close it would be. TLDR: probably "no".
  5. For all you single guys out there, I'm thinking "one ring or two?" might just be one of the best pickup lines out there. I use this bell on my bicycle, and used it a few days handheld with my EUC. Portland Design Works Alexander Graham Bell Steerer Tube Mounted Bell https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CJHCX8E/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_67JnDbN400E66 I do think I'll buy a bell and attach it to my EUC, because I constantly lose lights and bells if they're not attached to th damned EUC.
  6. We usually travel around 16 to 18 mph at the most. Do you think the mcm5 would do those speeds with the 420wh battery? The listing says it will do 21mph with the 420wh battery. That seems a bit fast for the smaller battery.
  7. Within reason, of course! The track owners have told me they've had up to 300 spectators there for previous bike races...😎 So we should be fine! Yeah man bring the brigade! And yes, tell them to simply purchase a spectator ticket. I need to add to the website that kids under 15 can get in free with a parent or guardian in case you have any young fans...
  8. One could make a "V8F" by going to 3500mAh cells instead of the 3200mAh cells they use a highest capacity cells. That would mean 520Wh instead of 480Wh. If I'm not mistaken, that's also how the V5F+ happened. This is the kind of improvement I expect. No new shell shape, new battery construction, or anything that costs money. Just replacing some parts with better ones while the rest stays identical. A battery upgrade like this (or even just the same capacity like the V8), a bit stronger motor (let's say 1200W like the 16S or even 1500W), and a new board (probably just the one from the V10), maybe a brighter headlight. IM are still the only ones offering <1000$ wheels besides the KS14M/14D (I wouldn't count the mten3 as competition to that). They probably want to keep that niche. That's why I'm not expecting them to overdo it with the upgrade and get too close to the V10.
  9. Gaz Bon

16X Notice

So I see the batch is finished and I'm keen to order so wondering if you guys will be seeing them soon As I am keen to order but looking for some post production reviews
  10. Yeah, they feel hard / unstable. I recall a YT video of a guy advising to practice on such fields. His video made it look easy. In all cases, it feels like a good challenge to learn balancing on those fields because ultimately, I feel one has to master his wheel.
  11. Thank you Darrell, I really appreciate it and I think you are right. I will work on it. Overall, I have only a few messages on this forum so far and I get positive and friendly vibes. I am happy to be here.
  12. Thanks for the suggestions, will check them out. For now I will stick to the parking spot near work since I know it won't be busy after work schedule and everyone knows me. I don't have enough credits on this forum to be able to message you, would you message me? I would be interested in riding with you once I am slightly more comfortable / practiced.
  13. Today
  14. Wheel Status Update: @Jason McNeil has recently informed me that he will be flying it back to King Song HQ to do forensics. I'll be sure everyone is updated through this thread as more info becomes available.
  15. Thanks much Chris. I actually just got back on the horse a couple days ago. (the horse being a new MSX modded with Nikola superstretch pedals) It's something I think that will take a bit of time but inevitably I should be able to regain my original confidence. You've gotta think ...what are the odds my number will come up again? Especially if I use common sense by not ignoring ANY odd behavior or strange sounds coming from my wheel in the future. This rule will be much easier to follow now that I own 2 top end wheels to be able to trade out and keep my wheel addiction fed. It really is considered a freakish occurrence for cutouts to ever happen to a modern wheel.
  16. Just chiming in to say that much like @Marty Backe, I've been brainwashed by a Nikola. In my case, the 100 volt Nikola Plus. It's got power, range and comfort - the best wheel I have ridden to date. The 16X looks nice and is probably more portable I'd imagine, but I'm sure I'd be missing the power of the Nikola Plus if I rode it.
  17. Surprised to not see anyone mentioning that several riders in the NYC Hoodriderz group have reported similar issues due specifically to the 1.12 firmware (and which were not resolved in 1.13). I'd definitely recommend the firmware downgrade before swapping out any more parts. Then if that proves to fix it, the next question would be is Lutalo running the latest firmware and, if so, why are some wheels affected and others not? And in that case does that mean the firmware issue still reveals some kind of hardware difference or hardware problem with some wheels over others? (Like perhaps the 1.12/1.13 firmware is just more susceptible to battery inconsistency/battery problems, such that wheels with perfect batteries don't exhibit the problem on 1.12+ but certain battery issues coupled with 1.12+ do exhibit it?) In that case you'd want to resolve the hardware battery problem, although then the firmware still should see a fix to minimize this kind of instability anytime anyone begins to experience a battery problem--if the earlier firmware could then the latest should be able to.
  18. Hey Lunar! Going home today i tried something new. Today it is 91 degrees f in LA so the V10F got up to 150degrees towards the end of the hill, and no problem, although i was concerned that it might stop on my. I then let it rest for 10 minutes and decided to try something new: i switched the riding mode to "classic" went down the hill and back up and this time the temperature went up to only 125degrees! which is awesome. So just remember that on really hot days you might want to try the classic mode - it does not ride as agile but it gets the job done! Have a great week man.
  19. Blueblade

G3/V8 Upgrade

It would be nice if there was a "V8F" with a 3P battery, say 640-720 Wh. (Or even such an upgraded battery pack for sale) It would be a noticeable boost in range, and the 3P might provide just enough reserve power to avoid some of those cutouts some heavier or more aggressive V8 riders seem to experience.
  20. A couple of photos from our ride yesterday below. The rest of the photos can be found here... https://www.meetup.com/ewheelgroup/photos/30192612/
  21. That’s why it’s important to share full details to us otherwise how can we help if you withhold information? Irregardless, the reality is still that you hold too much stock in what other people are saying. Sticks and stones. Unless they are calling the park rangers or police on you, don’t care for the words they say. It does take a confident perspective to achieve this. Headphones is a great way to ignore them. If you see someone scowling at you and trying to talk to you, telling you to take off your headphones, don’t! It gives great satisfaction to ignore people like that and have the power to make them angry without saying a word.
  22. I would suggest you close out all apps on your phone and try again. On my phone if the wheel is connected to darkenessbot it will not connect to the inmotion app until i have closed it.
  23. Hi trevnar, Thank You for your answer! I also have a Mini Pro, tuned it to a Scout Bought the accessoires by M4M...very nice stuff he sells (but very expensive) General purpose for me is riding Off-Road (letting daily my 2 Border Collies out) So I think the Airwheel S5 might be not the best choice for me?? I am in contact with Xinli Technology and must say they do respond very quick, they also made me a good price incl. TAX, VAT and Customs Clearance. They also ship the ES6+ from there Europe warehouse (nice) Only concern is they give 1 year warranty (in europe is 2 years common) Despite I am very pleased with my MiniPro Scout...mostly it takes me through reasonable rough terrain, sometimes I feel that little one has to operate against its limit So to spare the little one I am looking for a more powerfull seg. Do you know if there are oftyen problems with that Segway-style motor/gearbox? or is this just a personel feeling? Best Regards, thommy
  24. Thanks, I've just checked and my tablet still has the bluetooth enabled. I'm not sure if the bluetooth symbol on my wheel needs to be lit up to connect or whether it only comes on once it is connected.
  25. Anyone know of a good supplier of wheel mounted stands for the NB E+? Looks like Speedy Feet dont sell them. Would they be difficult to make if no UK sellers? Thank you
  26. Can definitely speak to the instability found football fields. I thought I was going crazy initially when I used to practice on them but they're highly uneven-- this is the turf and also the pebbly turf (dunno what it's called).
  27. Perfect. I did the same on my old ACM.
  1. Load more activity