LYNX WATERPROOF ?

peytole

I use my lynx in all weathers.  I wash it with a jet of water after off-road sessions.  After a deluge of rain, I removed the primary cover and then that of the CM.  I found no moisture, it seems waterproof.  Has anyone taken the motor and batteries apart to check for leaks?

Edited by peytole

On 4/24/2024 at 6:30 PM, peytole said:

J'utilise mon lynx par tous les temps. Je le lave au jet d'eau après les séances tout-terrain. Après un déluge de pluie, j'ai démonté le capot primaire puis celui du CM. Je n'ai trouvé aucune humidité, il semble étanche. Quelqu'un a-t-il démonté le moteur et les batteries pour vérifier l'étanchéité ?

Please use only English on this forum. You should edit your post and rewrite it in English. 

3 hours ago, omuretsu said:

What about the buttons? They do not seem waterproofed at all and are exposed at the top of the wheel. It seems like they would pose a risk even in light/moderate rain.

You can see it more clearly in this video of them replacing the top cover on an early batch with buttons that stuck.

Its a a plastic case with the window+buttons are well bonded into that top cover with some type of sealant.  The entire top plate is functionally one piece with no where for water infiltrate unless you crack that plastic window.  And there is a rubber gasket/seal on the bottom where it mates to the motherboard bottom case.

Original-LeaperKim-Veteran-Lynx-Top-Cove

Edited by Artillery
  • Like 1

Buttons are supposed to have gasket underneath but I don't trust pooling water around there so I put thin transparent self adhesive plastic film over there, works good.