The Marty Backe Gotway Grill

Rehab1

4 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

@Marty Backe If you ever get stuck on Brokeback Mountain again here is a great survival tool!:laughbounce2:

That was great :roflmao:  You're absolutely killing me!

There are going to be people who see this post without any context and think, "what the &%@! is this guy talking about?" :D

11 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

There are going to be people who see this post without any context and think, "what the &%@! is this guy talking about?" :D

If I mentioned  @Hunka Hunka Burning Love 's name in the video would they have a better understanding?  :laughbounce2:

53 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

If I mentioned  @Hunka Hunka Burning Love 's name in the video would they have a better understanding?  :laughbounce2:

OK, you've officially set yourself up for I don't know what, but you'll know it when it hits <_<

15 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

OK, you've officially set yourself up for I don't know what, but you'll know it when it hits <_<

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Oh no! Marty Brokebacke is seeking revenge! And maybe another chance to perfect the art of naked brokebackewards unicyle riding.:roflmao::roflmao:

I don't want to be picky, but I think you guys are crossing the line with making fun of gay people and spreading the (hurtful) stereotypes. Making fun of someone by calling him gay is really not cool! Did you consider how gay EUC riders reading your posts may feel?

http://theconversation.com/psychology-behind-the-unfunny-consequences-of-jokes-that-denigrate-63855

@Tomek is making a good point.  The thread started out witty & original but it doesn't take much to go too far these days - we're better than this on here, be careful.....

2 hours ago, Tomek said:

I don't want to be picky, but I think you guys are crossing the line with making fun of gay people and spreading the (hurtful) stereotypes. Making fun of someone by calling him gay is really not cool! Did you consider how gay EUC riders reading your posts may feel?

1 hour ago, Kroy said:

@Tomek is making a good point.  The thread started out witty & original but it doesn't take much to go too far these days - we're better than this on here, be careful.....

You make an excellent point!

My sincere apologies to any forum member my comments may have offended! 

3 minutes ago, steve454 said:

What happened to that cat to make it do that?  I feel sorry for the cat.

I do with many pictures of animals, but that one looks like it could have just been playing with a toy on a string.

Maybe I'm just dense, but I didn't notice any derrogatory remarks towards homosexual people in this thread.  In this day and age being gay is just what some people are just like some people are heterosexual.  It's normal?  :efefb6a84e:  Some people are trans and some bisexual.  Whatever.  I know there are homosexual EUC riders on the forum, and that's fine and dandy.  It's none of my business what their sexual orientation is.  I just hope everyone here has a good sense of humour and can take some ribbing.

I don't see being gay as something lesser or something to ashamed of.  Is anyone ashamed of being hetero?  Maybe that's why I don't see any offense intended in this thread.  How does someone think that the intent in any of these postings was in any way trying to offend gay people?  Brokeback Mountain was a pretty good movie.  I'm not gay (no  @esaj really I'm not :lol: even though apparently all the signs seem to point in a certain direction),  but I thought the film was done well.

To joke a little about some fellow riders stuck up on a mountain and draw vague parallels to the movie isn't the end of the world.  If we can't laugh a little at ourselves online, the forums would be quite a boring place I think.

20 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Maybe I'm just dense, but I didn't notice any derrogatory remarks towards homosexual people in this thread.  In this day and age being gay is just what some people are just like some people are heterosexual.  It's normal?  :efefb6a84e:  Some people are trans and some bisexual.  Whatever.  I know there are homosexual EUC riders on the forum, and that's fine and dandy.  It's none of my business what their sexual orientation is.  I just hope everyone here has a good sense of humour and can take some ribbing.

I don't see being gay as something lesser or something to ashamed of.  Is anyone ashamed of being hetero?  Maybe that's why I don't see any offense intended in this thread.  How does someone think that the intent in any of these postings was in any way trying to offend gay people?  Brokeback Mountain was a pretty good movie.  I'm not gay (no  @esaj really I'm not :lol: even though apparently all the signs seem to point in a certain direction),  but I thought the film was done well.

To joke a little about some fellow riders stuck up on a mountain and draw vague parallels to the movie isn't the end of the world.  If we can't laugh a little at ourselves online, the forums would be quite a boring place I think.

Well said :thumbup:

It was a fun thread before cold water was thrown all over it :(

@Hunka Hunka Burning Love @Marty Backe

Thanks! I just cancelled my sensitivity class!  

My own sister and so many of my patient's parents are gay and I do not look at them any different! Extremely polite and caring! That is why I took these comments so hard but unfortunately without having a face to face conversation that would enable me to personally express my thoughts I just decide to concede.

13 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

@Hunka Hunka Burning Love @Marty Backe

Thanks! I just cancelled my sensitivity class!  

My own sister and so many of my patient's parents are gay and I do not look at them any different! Extremely polite and caring! That is why I took these comments so hard but unfortunately without having a face to face conversation that would enable me to personally express my thoughts I just decide to concede.

But you were winning!  How in the F did you make a quick video, start a new post, and find and post that kungfu baby picture so fast?:o  And how do you write things on a building that is at an angle,(the schoohouse that esaj went to) and the writing follows the angle of the building? (esaj was here):o:thumbup:

It's funny, people are all so different and sometimes things get strange.

Like, where I lived most of my adult life, in Los Angeles, people made gay jokes all the time, including gay people, who often had the best ones.  Plenty of black people make black jokes, and some off them seem to know a thousand of them.

Here where I now live, in a small town in Oregon, I learned not to make gay jokes anymore, or religious ones.  They made people look startled, confused, sometimes angry, sometimes afraid.  Seriously!  It's just too conservative here and it's just not the culture.  A goofy joke around here can start to turn someone's world upside down and really set them on edge.

Who knows where people from the internet are from and what their culture is.  But we do know that sooner or later, somebody is bound to get offended over something.

I don't agree that there are any definitive rules of the road though, unlike physical places, where the culture is much more unified.  It depends on the nature of the forum/venue instead.  There are some places fit for some jokes and some not fit for them.

I don't believe that anyone should be able to come onto a forum and tell you what the culture of it is, though, except the person who owns the forum.  And he can make it whatever culture he wants, and reign it in or let it play out as he sees fit.

Frankly, I don't enjoy spaces that are too politically correct and don't frequent them.  There's a space for that, sure.

I'm not sure that this is that space, though,and I wouldn't presume to tell anybody how to speak.

I don't have the power.

I don't have the desire.

I don't have the presumption.

And i don't think it's nice.

1 minute ago, dmethvin said:

Well if it's confession time... One time I rode a Swagway, and I kinda liked it. There, I said it. 

Did I cross the line?

And someone gave you staff permissions??? :facepalm:

9 hours ago, steve454 said:

But you were winning!  How in the F did you make a quick video, start a new post, and find and post that kungfu baby picture so fast?:o  And how do you write things on a building that is at an angle,(the schoohouse that esaj went to) and the writing follows the angle of the building? (esaj was here):o:thumbup:

My job allows me the opportunity to play around on my computer between seeing patients.:D

Archived