How to enable higher speeds in the Gotway app?

Hello everyone longer timer lurker, first time poster. 

So today i just got my new Gotway msuper v3 in the door and have been having a blast all day, there's just one thing that bothers me right now.
The tiltback starts at 25km/h and that is the highest value i can set it to in the gotway 2.11 app for android. 

I've heard somewhere that you have to ride it for about a 100km before the higher speeds become available.

How do i get faster than 25km/h ?

I believe the latest 2.12/2.13 (not sure) has these limits removed. https://www.facebook.com/groups/gotway/files

You could also use the old 1.X Gotway app from kebye.com (if you can't load the site, search via Google, then it works). There's also some newer (December or so), pre 2.X versions floating around here, @Marty Backe had a dropbox link posted somewhere.

1 hour ago, xiiijojjo said:

Hello everyone longer timer lurker, first time poster. 

So today i just got my new Gotway msuper v3 in the door and have been having a blast all day, there's just one thing that bothers me right now.
The tiltback starts at 25km/h and that is the highest value i can set it to in the gotway 2.11 app for android. 

I've heard somewhere that you have to ride it for about a 100km before the higher speeds become available.

How do i get faster than 25km/h ?

Gotway does not limit the speed in firmware (like KingSong). I would avoid the new social version of their app like the plague. The older app - it's what I've been using for my old and new wheels. Search this forum for "Dropbox" and you'll find my link to where you can download it. It's from my personal Dropbox and is the app I use, so it's safe to download.

I turn off the 1st and 2nd alarms and disable tilt-back (for safety). You can now go as fast as the wind :w00t2:  But please, if you disable tilt-back stay a few mph slower than the max speed (stay below 23 mph for the V3).

Oh, and get the Wheellog app if you haven't already done so.

Good luck.

Thanks for the help guys.

I found out it was due to limitations of the 2.11 version of the app and i downloaded the 2.12 version here:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/gotway/files

But does someone care to explain how the "alarm settings" work? 

Default alarm
Open all alarms
turn off first alarm
turn off second alarm

Right now i have it on turn off second alarm, as i can only have it one place at a time.

I still get beeps when i start going pretty fast. 

Essentially i just want an alarm at 40km/h 

Be careful with the "open alarms", I think it means you disable all alarms or something evil - strange translation. Best to set tiltback speed/possibly disable some alarms and never touch the app again (use wheellog).

If it's like the ACM, you can set tiltback speed, disable the 1st and 2nd (speed) alarms but the 3rd alarm (80% usage) cannot be disabled (I think) and you should not ignore it (it is constant beeps)!!!!!!

2 hours ago, Mono said:

Something feels odd when I read to disable tilt-back for safety.

There have been reports of wheels cutting out when the tilt-back kicks in. This seems to make sense since the tilt-back function requires more power from the wheel to accomplish the task of raising your feet. So if you're cruising at 40km/h and maybe your battery doesn't have a lot of juice left and then tilt-back is applied, maybe the wheels shuts down.

So that's why I just turn it off and slow down when the 80% alarm (3 beeps) starts sounding.

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

the tilt-back function requires more power from the wheel to accomplish the task of raising your feet

I very much doubt that raising the feet in itself requires any(!) EDIT: [more than a negligible amount of] additional power from the wheel (after having given it quite some thought), but I can't argue with cut off reports. I can see that badly implemented tilt-back is quite a challenge for the rider and hence a safety risk. Yet cutting off at speed with the rider on top should never, never, never, ever, ever, ever, ever happen. Still the same old problem :furious: (assuming the reports are reliable)

12 minutes ago, Mono said:

I very much doubt that raising the feet in itself requires any(!) power from the wheel (after having given it quite some thought), but I can't argue with cut off reports. I can see that badly implemented tilt-back is quite a challenge for the rider and hence a safety risk. Yet cutting off at speed with the rider on top should never, never, never, ever, ever, ever, ever happen. Still the same old problem :furious: (assuming the reports are reliable)

This has been argued before. How can a motor that is pushing you at 35km/h and then raises your feet higher off the ground (that's what tilt-back ultimately accomplishes) not require additional power to do so.

When tilt-back is in affect your feet are physically higher above the ground. Fact. This requires additional energy unless my physics teachers were lying to me ;)

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

This has been argued before. How can a motor that is pushing you at 35km/h and then raises your feet higher off the ground (that's what tilt-back ultimately accomplishes) not require additional power to do so.

When tilt-back is in affect your feet are physically higher above the ground. Fact. This requires additional energy unless my physics teachers were lying to me ;)

They probably were lying B)

Actually, fact is ;) that under tilt-back the heels lower and only the front feet raise (it's kind-of funny how this rather simple geometrical configuration can still produce an urban fact-myth).

I am not going to steal this thread, so for more see here:

• 4 months later...

Ok, I know we have talked about this , but I'm frustrated that when I close the first two alarms on the Gotway OS app, then quit the app and use Darkness or Geometrics the wheel goes back to its default setting. IS THERE ANYWAY TO SET IT AND FORGET IT? Without it going back to default when you quit the app and use another. I don't want to hear the 1st and 2nd alarms.

thanks, mark

4 hours ago, Mrd777 said:

Ok, I know we have talked about this , but I'm frustrated that when I close the first two alarms on the Gotway OS app, then quit the app and use Darkness or Geometrics the wheel goes back to its default setting. IS THERE ANYWAY TO SET IT AND FORGET IT? Without it going back to default when you quit the app and use another. I don't want to hear the 1st and 2nd alarms.

thanks, mark

If you're willing to spend ~$30 on a cheapo Android phone (LG from Walmart, etc) then you can use the Gotway and WheelLog apps from the Download section of this Forum to control and monitor your wheel and everything will work as you wish :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/09/2017 at 6:31 PM, Marty Backe said:

If you're willing to spend ~$30 on a cheapo Android phone (LG from Walmart, etc) then you can use the Gotway and WheelLog apps from the Download section of this Forum to control and monitor your wheel and everything will work as you wish :)

Just reviving my Nexus 4 to do this :) Never looked into Wheellog, but want to compare it to DarknessBot.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎22‎.‎04‎.‎2017 at 12:49 AM, Mono said:

They probably were lying B)

Actually, fact is ;) that under tilt-back the heels lower and only the front feet raise (it's kind-of funny how this rather simple geometrical configuration can still produce an urban fact-myth).

I am not going to steal this thread, so for more see here:

i had a mini pro that made tiltback at 18kph i sometimes get my balance thoen off and them was about to fall off

and going 40-50 kph and tilback.... Disaster..

and the mini pro is 2 wheeled. Then imagine 1 wheel

like i said... Disaster

I'm late.. But still needs to be heard

Archived